Little guidance please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy Shoe

Reaction score
Hey All, new to the forum, thanks for having me. So I could use some help. I’ve lost a few plants (as you can see) that I assume was to poor drainage. Lot of rain last few weeks. I hit all my plants with a little nitrogen, figuring the soil lost a lot of nutrients. Some of the plants went south. I’ve transplanted them in grow bags in hopes of saving them. Don’t have a lot of hope for them but we’ll see. What I’m really concerned with is the other plants are starting to yellow a bit. Do they need more nutes? If so what should I be giving them at this point?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 13
Hey Tommy, welcome. First off tell us a little bit about what you have been doing. What have you been feeding and how often. The yellow does look like a nitrogen deficiency. However could be caused by ph issues and other things. Give us your full list of what you are doing and when. I don't think it is a rain problem. The pic in the middle is not good....as you indicated....

hi Pute, thanks for the quick response. So I’ve basically left them alone because they were doing so well. 3-4 days ago they started looking yellow so I hit them with a dose of Grow Big. and 2 plants just wilted the next day. The other 4 I have are doing ok but starting to yellow. I’m afraid to hit them with more Grow Big in case those too end up like their sisters.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 3
Welcome to the forum @Tommy Shoe
How much are you using..
And do you use cal mag?
Or big bloom with your grow big?

I use all 3 of the fox farm trio and cal mag on a schedule.

Ok, you have some work to do. You're probably not taking your pH going in and coming out that's your first problem. Cal mag is an absolute necessity as it looks as if you're in pots. Also the yellowing indicates a nitrogen deficiency or lockout. pH will help with this it needs to be 6.5 if you're in soil. First thing I would do is do some research and determine what nutrients and supplements you want to use. You're going to see many other problems very soon as they don't grow on just air and water alone. I don't use fox form so it looks as if airborne does. You might want to get some advice from him on his feeding schedule. First of all solve that deficiency problem get a pH pin and get your pH where it should be. Because if you have lockout nothing will help until you fix that.

Ok, you have some work to do. You're probably not taking your pH going in and coming out that's your first problem. Cal mag is an absolute necessity as it looks as if you're in pots. Also the yellowing indicates a nitrogen deficiency or lockout. pH will help with this it needs to be 6.5 if you're in soil. First thing I would do is do some research and determine what nutrients and supplements you want to use. You're going to see many other problems very soon as they don't grow on just air and water alone. I don't use fox form so it looks as if airborne does. You might want to get some advice from him on his feeding schedule. First of all solve that deficiency problem get a pH pin and get your pH where it should be. Because if you have lockout nothing will help until you fix that.
Thanks Pute! I’ll chat with Airborne about it seeing that I already bought the 3 Foxfarm nutes.

^^^^ what he said!

except I’ve been using 3-2-2 all through flower so far.
That chart is a Lille different…
Only difference I really see is they drop off the grow big feeding for a week on that chart that Roster posted.

^^^^ what he said!

except I’ve been using 3-2-2 all through flower so far.
That chart is a Lille different…
Only difference I really see is they drop off the grow big feeding for a week on that chart that Roster posted.
When I used Fox farms I was told never use their recommended full strength
3-2-2 sounds about right
Maybe @WeedHopper will chime in he uses that to in soil

Also if the leaves are yellowing because the PH is off and plants are not absorbing nutes as well as they can , Just remember the yellow leaves will never turn back to green.so try not to freak out if you get the nutes back on point.

I never have used the sledgehammer though.
I heard it’s a waste of money.

I just flush with clean water when recommended.

sell ya LOL
I never have used the sledgehammer though.
I heard it’s a waste of money.

I just flush with clean water when recommended.
Yes me too, but I still have a full bottle I can send ya lol

Damn you guys are the best. I can feel the love! Much appreciated! I’ve been freaking out because it’s such a labor or love and to see shit go south, makes you feel bad that you didn’t do the right thing. Thanks for the support all!
You will get it…
I’m a noob…
Basically grew a lot as a kid until my parents found my stash and killed or smoked it.
This site Helps a lot !!
Listen to @pute , @WeedHopper , and @ROSTERMAN ….
Got me a long way!!

Latest posts

Back