Little insects on MY plant!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smoko

Ignored Member
Reaction score
This girl has has mostly been an indoor grow, but she's been getting 4 - 6 hours outside of recent.

Anyway, since going outside, we've noticed these little insect things on it! ... :eek:

Pic isn't the best as took with a phone, but any idea's / advice?

Thanks

Untitled-1.jpg

HippyInEngland said:
Can you see any webbing?
At the time of the OP I'd of said no, but just had another look and yeah, can see lil trails of web along the outer of a few of the leaves.

There's also a few hanging under and away from the stem, so another spot of web.

We get some horrid spiders over here. I can't see them being any good for my babies ... :(

I've read not to bring outdoor plants inside. That's because the outdoor insects, once inside, have no natural enemies indoors, and therefore, are able to proliferate rapidly. Once you kill the bugs, either leave them indoors or outside, but not both.

i have also learned that the hard way i got thrips insted
ugly little EDIT

ill hope you get them under control soon

indie

HippyInEngland said:
Bit too big to dip it.

Mix a solution of 50/50 ISO and water and heavily spray it, all surfaces, under leaves as well, let dry for half an hour and repeat.

Dead bugs ;)
What is ISO?

Thanks

ISO is isopropyl alcohol. Be sure to turn fans on after spraying so the ISO evaporate as soon as possable. The ISO kill bugs on contact by pulling oil out of them.

Theres a bug spray in my sig that works good for me.

ozzydiodude said:
ISO is isopropyl alcohol. Be sure to turn fans on after spraying so the ISO evaporate as soon as possable. The ISO kill bugs on contact by pulling oil out of them.

Theres a bug spray in my sig that works good for me.
Got ya, will give it a go if they don't dissapear soon!

I take it this ISO is ok for the plant?

HippyInEngland said:
Mix a solution of 50/50 ISO and water and heavily spray it, all surfaces, under leaves as well, let dry for half an hour and repeat.

Dead bugs ;)
Ok I've at last managed to get hold of some Isopropyl Alcohol BP ... :)

The pharmacist today told me it was 95% alcohol, so just wanted to check it was the same strength as you was thinking ... don't wanna hurt her!

Thanks

Oh and I've just re read the thread and I haven't mentioned that she's 3 weeks into flouring at the mo. Probably relevant, and I'm just worried the ISO might damage the little buds we have forming ?!?!

Also prob half of the mites have dissapeared, but there IS still some floating about ... :(

Cheers for any advice ... :)

Its unadvisable to use the ISO mix on a flowering plant.

Thanks for only telling us half the info to work with.

Neem oil or a home made insecticide recipe is your best bet.

If half the insects have suddenly 'vanished' they arnt spidermites.

:peace:

If you use alcohol on budding plants you will wash off any triches, as they are desolved in the alcohol. Neem oil is best bet on flowering plant by my understanding. Get a hand held microscope and id those bug so you know what you are fighting.

HippyInEngland said:
Thanks for only telling us half the info to work with.
Yeah sorry my bad ... :eek:

Ok, I'll try and grab a decent microscope today and see if I can ID these things.

ISO can go in the cupboard for those nights when I'm out of booze ... :D

Latest posts

Back