little sprouting ladies...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Confirmed....three fatalities, I have one thats alive but not doing super great. I soaked some seeds last night and put four more into rockwool like 5 mins ago. Hopefully they will catch up

Make sure the rockwool isn't wet. Its suppose to be fairly dry for seedlings because too wet can cause root rot. I'm having the same seedling struggle you are so good luck.

NewbieG said:
Make sure the rockwool isn't wet. Its suppose to be fairly dry for seedlings because too wet can cause root rot. I'm having the same seedling struggle you are so good luck.

They don't seem happy unless they are pretty completely saturated? I have good drainage into the tray they are in, it seems like the rockwool is really "airy" still......

I found that the combination of stretching and wet soil is a tough one to overcome. One or the other isn't too bad. As far as stretching is concerned someone above said to get it into soil/rockwool nearly up to the first set of leaves. Too wet? Well you know what to do.

Max

Ok so the four stuck it out and look really happy, I have a few little root tips starting to show on the bottom of the cubes, when should I transplant them? A lot of roots shoqing or what? The four beans I germed after I lost those others are lookin good. Only three popes the surface so far but I threw them under light right away this time and they are working on their first set of leavea. Hopefully the last one pops today.

Latest posts

Back