Locks of Love + MJ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disco94

Wannabe Ski-Bum...
Reaction score
I am growing my hair out for Locks of Love and was curious if anybody here has done it and whether or not the look for MJ in your hair at donation time.

From their website:
Disclaimer:

Locks of Love is a non-religious, non-political, not-for-profit entity. Further, Locks of Love does not take positions or align itself with any special interests. Any event taking place as part of a religious, political or any other special interest group does not reflect the views or opinions of Locks of Love.

It is Locks of Love’s mission to promote the well-being of children through its program of providing hairpieces. All events and fundraisers held on behalf of Locks of Love should uphold and reflect the mission and desire to help disadvantaged children.

I can't imagine a place that accepts hair donations for cancer patients would drug test it before hand.

Disco94 said:
Just noticed the irony with the avatar I have...

I like your halloween AV Disco

Scary as hell

Imagine waking up to that in the morning, you wouldnt know if it was going to kiss you or stab you :D

My wife has done it twice and is about to cut again. They do not test. They do however ask that you not perm beforehand.

veracan said:
My wife has done it twice and is about to cut again. They do not test. They do however ask that you not perm beforehand.

Don't have to worry about me getting a perm...

you gotta grow it quite long m8. (atleast 10 inches or something?)
i was gonna do that one time when i was lazy and let my hair go.. but it was too short. (10 inches of hair is quite a bit, doesn't sound like much, but it is)
*and i doubt they'll test your hair.

I know all about the length. Bout another month or so before I can cut it and was starting to think... "If they test this hair then I had to got through that awkward mullet stage for nutin!"

Just my 2cents... why not make them locks of real love:hubba:

My daughter has done it 2 times..she has a friend that has gone threw kemo..and my daughter had hair down to her butt..and when she heard of Lock for Love. and how they would make wigs for people like her friend...she looked like your Avatar...a week later..lol..and then again a year after..and its comeing up again...and im sure she will do it again..I did not have to ask why she does...I am just proud she does...and she goes to school Bald and beautiful...the 2 time she had some cancer patients her age sign her head..lol..its a wonderful thing to see your child care for others at such a young age..and not care what people think or say..thanks for donating my friend..and you can request a name and picture of the person that gets your hair..thanks for shareing this with us...

you can also donate hair without them knowing its from you if your to worried..

4u2sm0ke

Latest posts

Back