Lower Fan Leaves Falling Off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pastor420

Ancora Imparo
Reaction score
Ok, I know this is some sort of deficiency but haven't figured it out yet. Would one of you experts please advise this beginner?

problem.jpg

need more info...lights? nut's? Ph? VEG\FLOWer?

400W HPS, 3rd week flower, nutes are manure tea, molasses, and shultz cactus fertilizer (2-7-7).

mine are actually in the fourth week of flowering, i had the same problem. come to find it was nute burn..IMO i would double check the PH in the water and hold back on feeding untill you see if that was the issue..again this is IMO...GOodluck P420

you have a K or potassium def.... its time for a good flowering fert...

the purpling stems on leaves that fall easily is a dead givaway... pretty soon a Phoshporous def culd follow if it isnt already occuring.

this could def also be a ph issue... if it at 7 you could be experiencing lockout. ayways just an after thought.
get it under control man or its going to affect yeild.

mind if I add...cacti fert is not what you want to use either. cacti do not require much of anything due to the environemt they grow in...herb is a water and fert hungry weed.

Thanks for the responses guys. Doing some reading on Potassium deficiency I have found this interesting note"

"Too much sodium (Na) displaces K, causing a K deficiency. Sources of high salinity are: baking soda (sodium bicarbonate "pH-up"), too much manure, and the use of water-softening filters (which should not be used). If the problem is Na, flush the soil. K can get locked up from too much Ca or ammonium nitrogen, and possibly cold weather."

I think I'll start with a good flush to ensure there are no salts causing issue. Then apply the Cactus fert, it's all I have Mutt, and maybe feed her some banana peel. I'm trying to save up for something like Earth Juice Bloom or even Pure Blend Pro for Soil which is much better suited for the job, but much more than the $2.50 the Cactus fertilizer cost. Anyways thanks again for the help guys! :)

A good flush would be a good idea. as far as the fert. I would switch to at least shultz's gen purpose bloom fert @ 1/2 strength if $$ is an issue. it has better NPK ratio than cacti fert. just my 2:cents.

Mutt, yes $$ an issue right now ($1K tranny repair didn't help...lol), but I'll look for the fert you mentioned. Googling it I found their "Schultz Bloom Plus" (10-60-10) is that the one you mean? The reason for going with their Cactus Plus is that it was low N and higher in the P and K, but weak enough so I wouldn't burn my babies as I've done previously with MG.

Latest posts

Back