Lower leaves dying in ALL of my babies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burn_Slowly

Reaction score
Dont know what might have caused this... it is only in the lower leaves ...if you please know comment on it and suggest.

I just provided with 3 example but... all of my 6 plants are going trough the same thing.

CIMG0815.JPG

CIMG0798.JPG

CIMG0802.JPG

I am just throwing this out there as a possibility.

When watering/feeding does the water cover the lower leaves or over flow the top? This might be what you are seeing .

pcduck said:
I am just throwing this out there as a possibility.

When watering/feeding does the water cover the lower leaves or over flow the top? This might be what you are seeing .
water has never flooded to a point that it touches the bottom leaves.

UKgirl420 said:
:yeahthat:plus how old are they are you feeing them and whats your ph like ?:48:
they are a month + old. I havent feed them anything since they told me not to do it... when I did it wasnt that much. My Ph level is 6.8 on all of them.

Thanks for the quick reply guys!!!;)

slowmo77 said:
what type of soil are they in? i doesn't look very good to me..

thats some mixed soil with no nutes

what do you recommend??

Burn_Slowly said:
thats some mixed soil with no nutes

what do you recommend??

I agree the soil looks a bit heavy - I suggest Fox Farm "Ocean Forest" or "Happy Frog", soil is one of the most important pieces of the puzzle after all this is where your babies are building their strength from - if the root system does not like the soil it will tell you through the leaves (like whats happening)
they also look a little underdeveloped for being a month old (look at mine at 2 weeks in my journal) and that would also be from the soil.

I just did a transplant tonight and went to a new hydro shop in town (they are all over here) to discuss my issues, just so happens me and the owner clicked right off and I was able to talk openly (within reason) and I must say that I have now found my supply house anyway, my mix is Happy Frog soil, Pahroc Giant Pearlite , Fox Farm "Light Warrior" grow medium and Hygrozyme for the transplant nutrient - some people use Vitamin B1. I just so happen to have a pic of my new mix I will atatch (I put the girls to bed after the stressful transplant or I would have included) do you have any hydro shops aroud you? if not you could use Mirical Grow but I think that would be to "hot" to transplant into - considering the state of your babies, all of this is JMHO:eek:, good luck:hubba: and here is some GREEN MOJO :peace:

YY

MJ 008.JPG

MJ 009.JPG

Thanks alot for the tips bubblegum...

Unfortunately I do not have any type of hydro shops down where I live... hmmm if you can tell me what type of soil instead of names it would be easier... because I dont think I will find those soils early mentioned anywhere around... and yes miracle grow might be too hot :p

Thanks again.

you definitely need some better soil.even miracle grow would be better than what you are growing in,by the looks of it. many people i know grow in mg soil and would not use anything else.and mg nutes also.you just have to flush the hell out of it before using it.that is if i was going to use it.like ffof i used prior to going hydro,i never fed until the plants were 2-3 weeks old.the plants will tell you when they are ready.good luck

Make sure what ever you do,,dont transplant into a soil with Nutes in it. I use Pro-Mix. Has everything you need except nutes. Ya add those as needed.
With MG and JG with Nutes,,everytime you water, you feed!!:eek: I know,, I made that mistake. Had to transplant my babies outta that crap. To much nutes to soon.

So are those plants savable??? or should I start a new grow with fresh soil and blah blah :confused:

Burn_Slowly said:
Thanks alot for the tips bubblegum...

Unfortunately I do not have any type of hydro shops down where I live... hmmm if you can tell me what type of soil instead of names it would be easier... because I dont think I will find those soils early mentioned anywhere around... and yes miracle grow might be too hot :p

Thanks again.

NP - Use the best potting soil you can get in your area, like Andy said you can use MG BUT you would have to flush the hell out of it...:hubba:

YY

Burn_Slowly said:
So are those plants savable??? or should I start a new grow with fresh soil and blah blah :confused:

:confused: That is a good question... if I had more beans then I would start over - imo, I just went and looked at your pics they might come out of it BUT they are already stressed out, and repotting would bring on more stress (considering you are going to have to remove alot of that old soil and with that would you will undoubtedly hurt the roots) so it would be a toss up 4 me - again imo

yumyumbubblegum said:
NP - Use the best potting soil you can get in your area, like Andy said you can use MG BUT you would have to flush the hell out of it...:hubba:

YY
Well... the soil I'm using right now is the most common potting soil in my area... I will do some homework on the soil and the water because a close relative told me the water in my area is contaminated (not sure about that)... and Ive been feeding them tap water. When I get my things together I will post them so everyone who encounters with my same problems moves quicker and doesn't waste their time raising plants in a non-likable environment.

But... by the looks of it... looks like Im starting over... :stoned:damn

I hadmy bottom leaves die on me in about the third week of veg... i changed my nutes to the flora nova 1 part grow and 1 part bloom and i havent had any problems with my new growth since then except where i accidentally poured some of my nute solution on a couple of the lower leaves, they got a little messed up .

Hey Guys!....

Just got out of work... I'm sad to report that earlier yesterday I transplanted the 3 potential candidates to the outdoors and I said bye bye to the rest of them... If they'll grow outdoors I really don't know. I'm preparing myself for a new batch of bagseeds I always have soooo....

Ill trow some pics to the new seedlings and if the outdoor ones make it ill share some pics too... :watchplant:

Thanks to bubble, Cowboy, slowmo, andy and UKgirl

Latest posts

Back