Lower Leaves of clones are yellow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrimsonUndertow

Passionate Grower
Reaction score
I have these 3 new clones (rather large) which i took about 6 days ago. I put them in a bubbler and some pebbles. The lower leaves are turning yellow although they are already showing white bumps and are rooting.

mini-DSC00093.JPG

mini-DSC00094.JPG

It's normal to loose leaves and/or turn yellow ...but wow those are some bushy cuttings. It sounds backwards...but I ussually trim off the lowers of my clones. When i first start to root em.

I know they are big. You see, I tried with small ones and it was a successes. so i thought why not cut the big ones and put them in a bubbler, add a little nute and when they root they will be big girls. I also found that if i cut the ones at the bottom of my mother plant right from the stem (not the node) they root faster. The big one is already showing some roots (6 days). It takes a long time to root, why wast it on a small cut. Now correct me if I'm wrong but as long as the leaves don't bend over as if they were sick everything is ok right? so far all the leaves are standing straight and true so i guess my way works (may be not the best). I'm just testing to see which way is the best. I haven't used cloning hormone.

I never used the bubbler...I am either dirt or cup of water
in soil they droop until they root good. Wait for others to chime in that use em. MassProducer has a DIY bubbler thread (in the DIY section)...might look in there and see what his look like.

I have always lost a few leaves cloning, nothing to be worried about. The bounce right back after they root well.

Latest posts

Back