Lowryder first grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chipsngravy

Reaction score
Hello Everyone......

Here are some photos of my plants....one week since planting the seeds....I am growing in a stealth style box. I have 1 250watt cfl with red spectrum and two 75w (actual wattage 15w) blue spectrum energy saving bulbs. I used the 100% germ technique found on this site.....I haven't watered the plants since and they seem to be doing ok. How much do I need to water and how can I tell when the plants need water or are reciving too much??

anyway check them out and see what you people think, any advice would be appreciated!!!!
View attachment DSC00120.JPG

View attachment DSC00123.JPG

View attachment DSC00122.JPG

View attachment DSC00121.JPG

View attachment DSC00119.JPG

View attachment DSC00118.JPG

your kids are 1ooking nice!
Im no pro by a 1ong shot, but i wou1d sugest your pots have ho1es in the bottom so when you water the extra water wi11 run out the bottom so they dont drown,,,
a1so soem rock at the bottom of the pot (on the inside) to a11ow room for air,
the best advise i can give is to research research research here on the site,
1ots of great info at your finger tips,
i have done 2 out door grows the 1ast 2 years, i moved inside this winter, and trying hydro,
good 1uck !
My My

thanks for the replys.....

yes been reading through the site and other grow journals alot.....to be honest I had tried already one grow before but I messed up and the plants got burned very early on. updated my box with an extra fan and two more lights now as well as opting for an 18 / 6 hour light schedule rather than 24 hours on with my previous grow.

are there anyways to avoid/reduce the stretching from cfl or is this just something I will have to put up with?

CNG

you can run cfl's real close to the plants, within a couple of inches. that wii keep them from strecting as much. just put your hand between the plant and the light if its to hot for your hand its to hot for the plant. get them as close as you can with out cooking them..

im growing auto's right now to and we seem to be right around the same place. mine have been out of the ground for 6 dyas today

:yeahthat: as close as possible

if its too hot for your hand its too hot for your girls.

keep all of your plants as close as possible to the light without it being too hot - check with the top of your hand - if its too hot for your hand, its too hot for your ladies!

MosesPMG said:
keep all of your plants as close as possible to the light without it being too hot - check with the top of your hand - if its too hot for your hand, its too hot for your ladies!

thanks for the advice again....is it normal for some plants to grow quicker?? not sure whether something is up with the smaller two

Each plant has thier own characteristics depending on what pheno they picked up. Do you plan to use HID for flowering. You really need more lighting.

My plants are looking droopy and I can see some small discolouration on one of the leaves - looking yellow. I did a search through the site checking the symptoms and I think I may have over watered my plants - is there anything I can do or do I just have to sit it out and see if they recover?? help would be greatly apprciated - check the pics
View attachment DSC00135.JPG

View attachment DSC00134.JPG

View attachment DSC00137.JPG

View attachment DSC00136.JPG

niteshft said:
Each plant has thier own characteristics depending on what pheno they picked up. Do you plan to use HID for flowering. You really need more lighting.

Thanks for checking on my grow. I haven't planned on using more/other lights. Not that I disagree that hid would be a better option but I have read of people getting a good grow of lowryder with my set up. I'm just abit short of cash + I think that I aint gonna be able to use this grow box for much more than 5 months so I dont know if its worth spending more money on lights....thoughts????

chipsngravy said:
are there anyways to avoid/reduce the stretching from cfl or is this just something I will have to put up with?

CNG

Yes, run your lights 24/7, make sure you have 3000 lumens per sq ft for veg and keep the lights close (withing inches).

Is the 250W equivalent wattage or actual wattage? I also suspect that you are going to need more/better light. You are going to want 5000 lumens per sq ft (real soon) if you want a decent harvest. Do you have any ventilation?

What kind of soil mixture did you use? Did you use the same thing last time?

The Hemp Goddess said:
Yes, run your lights 24/7, make sure you have 3000 lumens per sq ft for veg and keep the lights close (withing inches).

Is the 250W equivalent wattage or actual wattage? I also suspect that you are going to need more/better light. You are going to want 5000 lumens per sq ft (real soon) if you want a decent harvest. Do you have any ventilation?

What kind of soil mixture did you use? Did you use the same thing last time?
Thanks for the reply

250watt is the actual wattage......my space is 40cm x 45cm x 45cm - its an Envirolite...google is being difficult finding the lumen output of the lamp. I have two in fans and 1 out fan. Using house plant soil, had netural ph. Yeah I did use the same stuff last time. Do you think my plants are showing signs of over watering

chipsngravy said:
Thanks for the reply

250watt is the actual wattage......my space is 40cm x 45cm x 45cm - its an Envirolite...google is being difficult finding the lumen output of the lamp. I have two in fans and 1 out fan. Using house plant soil, had netural ph. Yeah I did use the same stuff last time. Do you think my plants are showing signs of over watering

Actually they look pretty good IMO, not even noticing any stretch but that may change once you start getting a canopy from the upper leaves.

chipsngravy said:
Thanks for the reply

LOL--I am always suspect of lighting that does not list the lumens. Do you know the spectrum of the light? A 250W HPS will put out about 28,000 lumens.

Re ventilation, you would be better off with more out ventilation than in ventilation--many of us do not even use an inlet fan, but just a decent centrifuge fan for outlet. You want negative pressure in your grow space, so more exhaust than inlet is better. What types of fans are you using and do you know the CFMs?

THG,
may i ask why we want low pressure in our grow room?
Sorry if i am high jacking.
My My

The Hemp Goddess said:
LOL--I am always suspect of lighting that does not list the lumens. Do you know the spectrum of the light? A 250W HPS will put out about 28,000 lumens.

Re ventilation, you would be better off with more out ventilation than in ventilation--many of us do not even use an inlet fan, but just a decent centrifuge fan for outlet. You want negative pressure in your grow space, so more exhaust than inlet is better. What types of fans are you using and do you know the CFMs?

Yeah I see where you coming from about the light - It did say on the box I think, have the number 19 000 in my head but I could have just made that up. I'm using 3 (2 in 1 out) computer fans hooked up to phone chargers (no idea what the CFM is) - would it be wise to switch one or even two for out take)

I'm currently on an 18/6 light schedule - do you think it would be a good idea to switch to 20/4 or 24/7 now?

I took some more pictures of the plant with the discolouration just now - the plant itself looks healthy I think but the colour of the leaves is worse - can anyone confirm what the cause of this is....????
View attachment DSC00139.JPG

View attachment DSC00141.JPG

Hi Chips,
That discolouration looks suspiciously like you have spilled nutrients on it. Just a case of being more careful when watering. All your other pics the plants look very nice.

Negative air pressure keeps the smell in!

Peace
Woody

woodydude said:
Hi Chips,
That discolouration looks suspiciously like you have spilled nutrients on it. Just a case of being more careful when watering. All your other pics the plants look very nice.

Negative air pressure keeps the smell in!

Peace
Woody

Hey Woody, thanks for the reply....I haven't been using nutes yet and haven't had them around the plants so it cant be that.......whatever it is doesn't seem to be stopping the plant growing so ignorance is bliss for the time being...at least

Latest posts

Back