Lowryder first grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MosesPMG said:
yes just to make sure you didnt over do the nutes. couldnt hurt

flushing now. hopefully the plants will pick up abit, will post some photos tomorrow

Do you know the ph of the water you are using. I dont grow with soil so this is a shot in the dark but for those plants to have reacted so badly so quickly on half strength nutes, I would think it is something other than nutes or over watering. JMO but fingers crossed they recover.

woodydude said:
Do you know the ph of the water you are using. I dont grow with soil so this is a shot in the dark but for those plants to have reacted so badly so quickly on half strength nutes, I would think it is something other than nutes or over watering. JMO but fingers crossed they recover.

Fair point. I have finally gotten round to getting a ph meter. or at least ordering one of the net today. I was using rain water so I assumed that the ph would be ok.......I am probably wrong. Hopefully they will recover.

EDIT: I just took a look at the plants right now. They actually all look like they have grow abit in a few hours. Could it be something as stupid as they were starving for water??????

Flush with no nutes, give them some days to settle and then give them a light feeding (1/4 or 1/2 what you gave them before).

I would leave a couple of days in between just so you can see if it helps.

Jericho said:
Flush with no nutes, give them some days to settle and then give them a light feeding (1/4 or 1/2 what you gave them before).

I would leave a couple of days in between just so you can see if it helps.

will give it a few days defo, then I think a 1/4 feeding first...

Tell me more about your soil. If it got that burnt on that small a dose, it seems like your soil might already have some nutes in it. And looking at some of the earlier problems you've had, I'm sorta leaning that way. I could be wrong though.

TheKlonedRanger said:
Tell me more about your soil. If it got that burnt on that small a dose, it seems like your soil might already have some nutes in it. And looking at some of the earlier problems you've had, I'm sorta leaning that way. I could be wrong though.

switched to seedling soil a couple of weeks ago which has a very low npk rating.

plants looking alot stronger againt today, some photos for you guys

DSC00177.JPG

DSC00176.JPG

DSC00174.JPG

This one below is the one that was near death the other day.......seems to have grown since the flush

DSC00175.JPG

with burn leaves, is it a good idea to trim these so light can reach the lower leaves easier?????

IMO if its dead and crispy and getting in the way of a healthy plant i would cut the leaf off or trim off the dead part.

Jericho said:
IMO if its dead and crispy and getting in the way of a healthy plant i would cut the leaf off or trim off the dead part.

yeah thats what I was thinking....might as well do it, the brown bits do no good

Never cut dead leaves off,lower nutes and increase water maybe drain the whole pot.And you might check those PH levels the nutes might have increased it acidity of the soil and you might have trouble in the future with feeding your plants.

Ok there has been some growth since last time.....

I fed again with 1/2 strength nutes 2 days ago......I have some discolouration as you will see in the pics on some leaves, is this a nute burn or lack of nitrogen????

DSC00185.JPG

DSC00182.JPG

DSC00187.JPG

DSC00189.JPG

DSC00183.JPG

DSC00184.JPG

DSC00186.JPG

Never cut dead leaves off,lower nutes and increase water maybe drain the whole pot.And you might check those PH levels the nutes might have increased it acidity of the soil and you might have trouble in the future with feeding your plants.

What reason for not cutting leaves off???. I have reduced nutes and increased water. I am thinking about flushing again if the yellow leaves are nute burn, ph tester arrives soon so will test asap. These plants seem real sensitive to nutes

I would recommend cutting off dead leaves. There is no reason whatsoever not to and several reasons to do so.

Keep in mind that even if your soil has a low NKP percentage (what it is exactly?), it still has nutes in it and you release them every time you water. Do your containers have good drainage?

The Hemp Goddess said:
I would recommend cutting off dead leaves. There is no reason whatsoever not to and several reasons to do so.

Keep in mind that even if your soil has a low NKP percentage (what it is exactly?), it still has nutes in it and you release them every time you water. Do your containers have good drainage?

I cant remember what the NKP was exactly but it was very low....on a diagram on the rear of the packet it was the lowest box of about 8 that it could be......it was a seedling soil.

I have some stones in the bottom for drainage, its ok I think it could be better I have taken some thought for my next grow to improve my soil mix w/ bio bizz all mix + seedling soil + perlite + stones in bottom for drainage. My soil has let me down this time I think

did a flush yesterday with some canna flush then watered with tap water.....seems to have helped abit plants seem abit stronger. will stick some photos on in a few days when there is hopefully more growth

chips im with THG if it dead get rid of it and pic 3 looks like they need some nitrogen m8.
do you no what the ph of your nutes are ? if not you could be feeding them and they cant take it up, and it just building up in the soil PH is very inportant once you get that right not much more can go wrong hope everything turns out good
peace fruity

JMO but i would cut those lower dead leafs off, Top it up with some soil as the level is rather low and might encourage bugs due to it remaining damp. plus allot of branch-less stem showing there.

it looks to me like all of the plants have been stunted. i know auto's stay small but those are tiny. looks like they'll only yeild a few grams each. i would try using a different soil next grow and a few more lights.. jmo

Jericho - I toped up this morning with the soil I bought for my new grow (i got lucky and they sent me the 50 litre when I only paid for the 20 litre so might as well put it to use.......it is difficult to hide though living with 7 other people that dont know what I'm up to)

Slowmo77 - I agree with you....soil defo, not sure about lights though, it would be nice but I dont think its so practical for me right now. I have bio bizz all mix for my next grow.

Ok so I am not sure what I do now, everytime I give the plants nutes they seem to get strained!!!!

I think I will water with phed tap water tomorrow - I want a ph of 7 correct???

and also check the run off water for soil ph level........

a Ph of about 6.5 i think is right for soil. This is so that the plant can uptake different nutrients. I would continue with water until you see them lacking green, and then start at 1/4 strength.

What is the NPK on the soil you bought? Check the back of the pack.

my my said:
THG,
may i ask why we want low pressure in our grow room?
Sorry if i am high jacking.
My My
If you have negative pressure in your growroom/box, (More exhaust than intake) that means none of the air in said room/box is leaking out into the rest of your house, or room. If that box has more intake than exhaust you have positive pressure in your room/box, and that air has to go somewhere...So it is PUSHED out of your room/box through cracks or leaks due to positive pressure.And now your house stinks pretty good...especially if you are flowering. Neg pressure in your growspace is to prevent the scent from escaping your grow area. Thats it... Unless air pressure has some other scientific affect Im not aware of.
Hope that helped.

Latest posts

Back