LST - Diary Of A Low Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the update, PB! She's looking great!

I hope that my LST looks this good. :)

Hey Ben - thanks for popping in.

I hope that you find LST works for you. It is working out so far to produce a lot of growth from each node. I think it is an efficient way to get evenly distributed light to all nodes of the plant, if you have just one plant to focus on.

It wouldn't be worth the trouble if you have 1000 watts in a room with many plants, IMHO.

Just trying to find what works for me and my humble little personal grow.:)

:holysheep: She's a beautiful little bush isn't she ?

Runbyhemp said:
:holysheep: She's a beautiful little bush isn't she ?

Thanks, Runbyhemp. She's my little pride and joy. Some patience, and about 4 more weeks, she'll be a beaute!;)

Looking very good PB...you still continued to tie her down while in flower? I thaught that you shouldnt when they are in flower?..I am 6 days in with my LST and shes growing but I have stoped tieing...always enjoy your Grows PB...Thanks

4u2smoke said:
PB...you still continued to tie her down while in flower? I thaught that you shouldnt when they are in flower?..I am 6 days in with my LST and shes growing but I have stoped tieing.

It's best to let them grow when they are flowering. I am just learning by experiencing what I do. It's all strain dependant if they can be tamed or not. Some strains keep on growing and outgrow their home with all the tying they can take well into flowering.

This plant likes to be LST'd (and trimmed) while vegging. It opens up the inside of the plant, and secondary growth just takes off. It's a great way to grow one plant for one or two people in a small growbox. When the LST'd ends get near the side of the box, quit LST'ing, and throw her into flower. If you figured it right, you can lower your plant as she stretches, and keep her just the right distance until she quits growing and buds get nice and thick.:p

Hey MP'ers!:p

It's that time again for the weekly update on the grow. So far so good. She's maintaining her lush green color. Haven't burnt her at all with nutes, and she's taking them well. I'm supplementing N along with FF's BB and TB. I'm not getting the yellowing like I did last time when I only used bloom nutes.

Getting bigger and filling in. Starting to get that sweet fruity aroma that I loved with the last Afghani.:)

3 Weeks Flwr.JPG

3 weeks fl.JPG

3 weeks.JPG

she's looking incredibly beautiful! my oh my i think i'll have to hop over there to taste some that baby when she's done!! :D

very luscious green afghan -- how long has she been in flowering (from the day you saw hairs that is, not when you switched ta 12/12)

akirahz said:
how long has she been in flowering (from the day you saw hairs that is, not when you switched ta 12/12)

Her hairs were visible the first week with an eye loupe. Two more days, visible with the naked eye, easily.

Very nice PotBelly..as usual...what N are you useing to suppliment the FF.. BB & TB...Mine are starting to show some yellow and was advised to give her a shot of N..But not sure what will compliment my FF nutes...yours looking very good PB...Keep it GREEN Friend

Damn Pot she looks nice. I be tieing my Haze plant down bit by bit also. She's an amazon 27inches now. your afghan reminds me of my haze, mine jus not as bushy. but i do have like3 1foot branches , LOL. Im locked in on ya grow. see ya around and keep her looking healthy

4u2smoke said:
...what N are you useing to suppliment the FF.. BB & TB...Mine are starting to show some yellow and was advised to give her a shot of N..But not sure what will compliment my FF nutes...yours looking very good PB...Keep it GREEN Friend

ATM, I use Peters' 20-20-20 water soluble fert. 1 tsp per 1/2 gallon of tepid water. Any house brand of 20-20-20 that's water soluble would work, IMO. My water pH's at 6.8 which is important to know before mixing in any nutes. If your water is not very close to 7 pH, your results may not be like mine.

I am still experimenting, but I'm finding that this plant likes a dose of this stuff every third feeding. So instead of using FF BB and TB, use the 20-20-20 mix. It's important to keep in mind that too much N during flowering gives the plant the wrong signal, and flowering will be not be maximized.

I am sitting on the fence and looking into organic growing soon. I'll be eliminating the Peters', and Tiger Bloom from the picture, and learning how to 'live off the land' so to speak.

Hey MPer's!:p

Our LST grow is right at 4 weeks in flower, so we're almost halfway through, and time for our weekly update.

Things are progressing well, and she really put on some weight this past week. :eek: :aok:

Schedule of nutes are every other watering, and am using equal npk every third shot of nutes. She's taking them well with no leaching, or burning.;)

LST - 4 weeks flower.JPG

4 weeks flower.JPG

4 wks and loading up.JPG

4 weeks.JPG

Hey Pot...She is looking SWEET man...You say you use equal NPK every third ..is this along with the schedual nutes? or by itself? thanks 4 all your help Because of you and a few others here I too am in 4th week of flower...Keep up the Green work my Friend....

4u2smoke said:
Hey Pot...You say you use equal NPK every third ..is this along with the schedual nutes? or by itself? ....

I use the equal npk by itself, every third 'nuting'. If I mixed that with TB and BB, it would be too high in p and k.

Wow PB she is looking better than ever. Tell ya what mang them ladie love that LST that's for sure. ;) Your doing a great job as always mang keep it up. :aok:

Dam fine matey!

Fairdinkum she's a bush!

She's gona be a fat ***** full of female goodness,come harvest:D

Latest posts

Back