madaline on 12/12

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MARY-JANE

Female Growers Group
Reaction score
Well hello everyone. I this her is madaline she was givin to me at one of my meetings I attend. Me and my husband decided to put her on 12/12 she has been on 12/12 for 1wk now. She is grown in soil. I'm using 1/65w cfl putting out 300w and 2/42w putting out 200w. I will be recieving my hps some time this week. I use mg soil and foxfarm open sesame, beastie bloomz,and cha ching. When I get more money I'm going to switch over to all of foxfarm. :hubba:

101_1685.JPG

101_1686.JPG

101_1687.JPG

Well my friend told me about the clothes pins. My friend says to use the clothes pins to help train the plant so the buds can grow bigger and it also help promote growth too. I must say it does work.

makes sence. one of my plants got a 85 watt cfl droped on it when i was a seedling, an now its a beast, with a monster stock. did not even seam to slow drow in growing as its on its fith node, an its turning 3 weeks old tuseday. just likes its bussy grow room friend mazar.
good luck with the grow girl, hope u get some good smoke from her.

:hubba: I'm hopping to get some fire from her. I cloned her and her clone is now 16days old and she is looking good too. If she smoke good I might make (clone) her a mother.

very nice i hope my mazar hybrid turns out to be female, the way its growing i would love to make a mother of one of her clones an keep that baby, an maybe makes some cross breading with my ssh or THC bomb.:holysheep: wonder how that would turn out.

Well be looking for you trying it. It jus might be very good.

MARY-JANE said:
Well my friend told me about the clothes pins. My friend says to use the clothes pins to help train the plant so the buds can grow bigger and it also help promote growth too. I must say it does work.

I'm a newb so you can feel free to disregard this, but it sounds like you are talking about training, more specifically either low stress training (LST) or supercropping (pinching). First time i've seen clothes pins used. Almost a combination of bending/pinching. I say if it works for you dont worry about it. :)

It does not look like them pegs are going to do a single thing to this plant. You may as well bend those entire stems/ branches down 9 (without snapping them).
Just a thought.
Dexter

Well Dexter what is that suppose to do for the plant? Can you explain a little more about this? Do you have any pics of it?

well.. let me dress as like my great great great great grandma..with a hood covered my head..big boob big allover my chest..and rocking the chair..

what dexter is trying to tell you is.. if you do tied the stem down. (LST) on all long stems you can have more shoots out growing toward the lights as long the lights is near the stems where it is tied down.. the top colas will work the way up..(more shoots and buds) you will get more than you can expects.. my old families has done cloth pins alots..it' work OK... but altogether will do...;)

papabeach1 said:
well.. let me dress as like my great great great great grandma..with a hood covered my head..big boob big allover my chest..and rocking the chair..

what dexter is trying to tell you is.. if you do tied the stem down. (LST) on all long stems you can have more shoots out growing toward the lights as long the lights is near the stems where it is tied down.. the top colas will work the way up..(more shoots and buds) you will get more than you can expects.. my old families has done cloth pins alots..it' work OK... but altogether will do...;)

Well it sounds good. But when are you suppose to start trying the plant down? Maybe I'll try that next time.

MARY-JANE said:
Well Dexter what is that suppose to do for the plant? Can you explain a little more about this? Do you have any pics of it?

Well Mary.. as Papa kindly pointed out, promote new growth shoots. ATM there is no growth;)

What I was was referring to is just a more extreme and example (in this instance more practical) of what you have attempted with the pegs.

Might aswel change them pegs to xmas decorations:48:

Dexter

MARY-JANE said:
Well it sounds good. But when are you suppose to start trying the plant down? Maybe I'll try that next time.

Any training, IMO, should be done while the plant is in vegging. It can stress them after they are put into flowering.

Hi Mary-Jane,
Just a note on LST (low stress training). The idea is to tie the top of the plant down so other areas of the plant are higher than the main cola. This makes the buds (bud sites) in these other areas now fight to be the top cola, which in turns promotes more growth. If you do this to other areas on the plant the same will happen. It's a great way to keep plants low and maximize the yield, especially in a smaller growing area. I partially use it and a screen (scrog) for my modified set-up.

I like this method better than supercropping which is bending & pinching the plant because it causes less stress (possible herms), etc. - though supercropping is still a viable way.
I do think tying it down (LST) will do a lot more than the clothes pins but good luck with whatever choices you make.
:p

i would not do any of this in flower.you might stress her to hermie.only in veg.i have tied a few down in flower because of height issues.they were mostly sativa dom ladies tho.

Well just a quick note this is not the first time using clothes pins. So stress to the plant no. Pinching no, I'm not hurting her at all.

maybe tieing a little wight on the close pins might help out more, to make it stronger ie, make more buds produce. looking great thow sweetie.

good thinking you got mary jane.. hope my daughter will grow up like you cuz you got some good thoughts about cloth picks.. that is something 2 cent can offers!!..

personally as long my daughter don't get stupid idea with boys.. she will be alright ;) I think I did LST while my mums just preflowering.. hope they doing alright.. oh man .. please NO HERMIES ON MY MUMS!!! they still on 18/6 though.. they still in training.. hope I didn't abuse them too much..;)

Latest posts

Back