Magnesium Deficiency...too much water?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rdrose

Growin' with the Stars...
Reaction score
(I also posted this with pics in my SQ/WW Indoor GJ, http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?p=173503#post173503 )

I've noticed over the past 5-7 days a slight mottled yellowing of the leaves on 2 of four WW's, between the veins of the leaves.

I thought it was just the effect of the CFL's shining on the leaves, but now I see that is not the case, it has gotten worse since I transplanted them into their permanent homes on the 9th. Now I'm also seeing it on a couple of my SpeedQueens... not sure if it is a nutrient deficiency or too much water (the soil has been very damp and I think I've corrected the drainage proble w/the new pots).

• Ph of water coming out of pot is 6.5
  • Using FF Ocean Forest Potting Soil
  • Nutes: Big Bloom and Grow Big, 1/4 tsp each per gallon of water.
Take a look:

1st pic: it is the lower leaf of the plant that is most affected, I took it yesterday, today, it is much worse, likely because of the stress of the transplanting.

2nd pic: is all the babies in their new home, I only have room for 6 of the rectangular tubs, so two WW are still in their small pots until 'somebody' starts to show their 'sex'.

Thanks! :)

it is the lowest leaf just snippit off and keep wathcing and reporting, how many leaves is it on per plant?

i got baby plants that i grew from seed , it is 1 week into rooting it is 1 inch as u can imagine , i fed it miracle grow just litte but on 1 plant it is turnin yellow on 1 of the little leaves is it cause my ph , to much water top of soil litle dry but moist under , or maybe cuase i am using 2 60 watt fluroce t bulbs u know the energy saver ones and should i ,leave my fan on 24hours , thanks if u can reply 1 time grower

cannagro said:
it is the lowest leaf just snippit off and keep wathcing and reporting, how many leaves is it on per plant?

I mixed up some Epsom Salts w/water, sprayed on the plants two days in a row, then when time to water/feed I gave them about 1/2 the recommended of nutes (which is way more than I had been giving them) and the plants are looking great. :D I don't see any more signs of yellowing between the veins of the leaves... :woohoo:

I'll post updated pics on my GJ soon. So the answer to the problem turned out to be that the plants needed magnesium/nutes. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back