Maine Carmelicious ScrOG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazmaine420

Reaction score
Hello fellow growers. I'm fairly new here. I just bought a 55x55 grow tent, a Big kahuna air cooled 600 watt light and inline fan with charcoal filter. Spent the weekend setting it up and building a ScrOG screen with 4 inch spacing. I've got 9 Carmelicious females growing in 5 gallon pots with a mix of pro-mix PGX and coco fiber. I'm feeling pretty good about the set up but would welcome any comments. The screen looks a bit scraggly but this is new territory for me.

5-6-13.jpg

It is looking great. You are well on your way!

How old are the plants? I would keep tucking those growing tips under the screen to get those branches growing horizontally under the screen. Can we get a shot under the screen?

Plants are about 10 weeks. They veged a bit longer than i wanted while I waited for HTG to get new tents in. I havn't clean out all the leaves under the screen. I hate cutting off branches that could bud up. Am I better off doing that?

Chaz,

I have a couple questions about your tent set up. Please keep in mind im still learning in preperation for my first grow, so if some of what i say sounds dumb, attribute it to a newb learning lol.

In regards to the ventilation in your tent. I havent seen cooling ducts hooked up to a charcoal filter then into your light then out the tent. Ive always seen cooling for lights as a pass through type design meaning this...(Im going to try and explain this best i can, forgive me if i sound confusing)...You have your tent, light hung in the middle and then cooling ducts attached to each end of the light. Cool air is sucked from outside the tent, over the light, then exhausted outside the tent. I understand that using a charcoal filter is for odor elimination. However, i see two things that may or may not be a concern:

1. Pulling air from the tent to cool the light wouldnt be as effective as pulling air from outside of the tent unless the air outside the tent is substantially warmer than inside the tent (obviously).

2. Pulling air through the filter while also using that air to cool will cause some sort of reduced air flow and not allow for as cool a lamp as you could have, wouldnt it?

What im trying to say is wouldnt it be more effective and efficient to have two fans set up, one for cooling your light, and the other connected to the carbon filter that is vented outside for odor control?

Stiky

Hey stiky,
I've been growing about 16 months now but just got the tent set up a week ago so i am new to this as well. Believe me i was confused by the instructions on this when I was setting up but i showed these pics to the guys at HTG where i bought it and they assured me it was set up properly. Its completly effective at cooling the light but you do have to leave a flap open or it pulls on the walls of the tent.So no heat problems yet but when summer comes I may need an air conditioner. But thanks for the question and if anyone else has anything to add to this I'd be glad to hear it.

chazmaine420 said:
Hey stiky,
I've been growing about 16 months now but just got the tent set up a week ago so i am new to this as well. Believe me i was confused by the instructions on this when I was setting up but i showed these pics to the guys at HTG where i bought it and they assured me it was set up properly. Its completly effective at cooling the light but you do have to leave a flap open or it pulls on the walls of the tent.So no heat problems yet but when summer comes I may need an air conditioner. But thanks for the question and if anyone else has anything to add to this I'd be glad to hear it.

Thanks for the reply Chaz. Good luck with the grow. Green mojo to ya'.:48:

1 week into flower in the new grow tent. I just read something about topping during the first 2 weeks of flowering. does any do this? I thought once you went to flower the pruning part was done.

dsc04116 (2).jpg

dsc04118 (2).jpg

This is 3 weeks. Unfortunatly we had a power failure a few days ago which screwed up my timer. I discovered the light had gone onto 24 hour mode for 4 days. Hope this hasn't messed with the girls too much. The plants toward the middle have yellowed some and stayed low while the outside edge has stayed green and shot up. could be a nutrient thing but it just seems like it has to do with the light.

scrogw3.jpg

scrog3u.jpg

Looking good! The only advice I would give is to raise the screen a bit. The idea is to only have bud sites above screen. Check out dr fevers 12 plant scrog.

Your plants look great, but your not using the screen correctly. They do look healthy though. Nice job. :)

So here are my girls at 20 days in flower. Thanks for the advice on the screen. I have raised it about 4 inches since I started. Problem is I super cropped during veg and when I put them under the screen I wove the branches into it. At this point if i raise it more its pulling on those branches and the string just pulls down. So I guess I shouln't have done that but I thought the screen was supposed to support the weight. Anyone tell me where I went wrong?

5-26-13.jpg

5-26-13 (2).jpg

Actually the screen issupposed to hold the branches down like a bonsai tree. As plant stretches keep tucking g it under to achieve lateral growth vs vertical. Only bud sites above screen. Picture a shoot growing horizontally with buds growing vertically. The objective is to allow what would have been lower bud sites to become tops. I have 4 plants in a 4.5x5 area. I think a mistake people make is cramming too many plants in. IMHO a 55x55 tent could hold no more than 4 plants scrogged. I have even seen 1 plant fill that space. I see people struggle with the concept of a scrog because of conventional experience. I have the concept, now I just need to dial in my growing! Lol

Thanks Mainebud. I think your right about to many plants. I've got 9 in there. theres no room left to tuck anything under. Its a jungle in there. Should be a good harvest any way.

Yeah you should do well! Looks real healthy and good genetics!

Looks amazing a tent may be in my future. Lots of luck to you hope u get a good harvest off them GL

A lil special 7GE Mojo fer yer grow show, bra.

:smoke1:
:stoned:

Day 27 in flower and things are going well. i think the girls have reached full height. Such a huge difference from growing under t5's.

6-2-13.jpg

6-2-13-2.jpg

Day 34 and my girls are gorgeous. Anyone hazard a guess at what kind of yield i'll see off this?

6-9-13.jpg

6-9-13(2).jpg

6-9-13(3) (2).jpg

Latest posts

Back