Make Red Cabbage PH Indicator For About a Dollar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks mass,

I have a (newb) queston for anyone that cares to answer...

what is a ph pen and where do I get one?
I did a search on it and it came up no matches...?

Its a device that measures PH and is about the size of a pen. Any hydro shop would have one.

Once cooled, can I keep it in a container in the fridge? And how long will it last do you think?

yes it will store in the fride for about a month atleast, well thats the longest that I have had it stored, so it could last ages, but honestly i'm not quite sure.

if i missed this answer in the post I apologize. When I test my water that I use how do I know if it needs to be uped or down?

massproducer said:
Thanks Tater... I am going to ask one of the mods to move it over to DIY, I just wanted people to see it first.

Your wish is my command bro. ;) cool thread. :D

If you look through the first page there are a couple of charts that show colour change and the corresponding ph level.
For example blue is 7, violet is 6, deep purple is 4-5

ms4ms said:
if i missed this answer in the post I apologize. When I test my water that I use how do I know if it needs to be uped or down?

I think I missed something. How do we test this on the soil? Do we just take a small sample of our soil and drip some of the cabbage juice on the soil?

I just did this, how should I store the indicator? in the refrigerator?

Latest posts

Back