Male? Female? Herm? AGHHH!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabby

Green Revolution Pioneer
Reaction score
Okay - I started this grow at the end of may, had 6 pretty babies growing under floros.

This is Star, the biggest of them all - well, until I found out we were getting kicked out of the house we were living in and had to cut down his/her obvious "sisters" (they were developing pistols when I had to end them.) I'm pregnant and just a "little" bit hormonal right now, so after I killed off the smaller ones, I told my husband he needed to kill this one...She was always my "pet" out of this grow and I couldn't bear to do it myself. Long story short, I wound up bawling my eyes out in the living room with him comforting me, when the landlord came up and said we didn't have to move after all! Ten minutes earlier and I'd still have all of my plants...But at least my Star was saved!

Anyway, we've had trouble sexing her from the get-go. She's only recently shown ANYTHING, and she's been on flowering for two months now (The floro lamp fell over and broke, we've been unable to get another...So she's on outdoor lighting now from various places in the house. I move her three times a day between windows, depending on where the sun's position is.) She's also been over-pruned from dry times up here through her entire growth cycle...

She's been very slow to grow, and growing in size more than anything - the full plant is about 4 feet tall!

So here's the question - male, female or herm? She has what look like pistols in some places (circled in pink) and balls at the end of the limbs...Or are those seed pods? I think I see evidence of both, so I'm asking the professionals!

I guess it doesn't really matter, because she/he/it's my only plant at the moment I'm keeping her either way it goes - at the very least, as I said before, he'll be my pet-plant. I'm being motherly and overprotective to everything right now...My cat had kittens last week and I spend more time with the babies than she does...Yay, maternal instinct!

What do y'all think? Male? Female? Herm? Not really a marijuana plant at all but a young maple tree in disguise? (haha...)

Sorry about the pic quality - using a built in laptop webcam.

male-or-fem-2.jpg

maleorfem.jpg

Sorry man, I can't see anything in those pics, too blurred for me.

I would love to help with the sexing of star but like runbyhemp said the pics are to far away and too blurry. Check out some threads on sexing they have pics most of the time.

Meh, that's what I am afraid of...This cam is sucky beyond comparison. The closer I get in to take a pic - the blurrier it becomes. And there's no focus setting...I'm gonna see if I can dig another cam outta the closet.

And I checked the threads (searched for Male or Female in title) for the past 6 months...None of them are growing like this plant, she's had allot of trauma and it shows. Can anyone point me to some herm pictures in early flowering stage?

Okay, found our logitech. These are a bit more close, though not crystal-clear...You can see what I mean by balls and pistils.

After digging up some pics online, I'm thinking it's a herm.

STAR1.jpg

The picture is still not clear enough to tell. But if it is a hermie, since this is your only plant, you could keep it and keep a close watch out for balls and snip them off as soon as you see them. Chances are you will not get them all, but you should still get some good bud. Discard any seeds that this plant may produce. What are your plans for flowering?

You have a hermie, as its your only plant, you may as well let it go all the way, just keep pulling the pollen sacks off.

Latest posts

Back