male/female hermie??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gottagrow_420

Reaction score
I seem to remember seeing in my grow book somewhere that only a female plant can be a hermie. It stated that only a female plant can produce marijuana or buds "very obvious" but went on to say that all hermie plants are female plants...with male flowers. If it were a male plant with the (x,y) chrosome it could not form bud, meaning it cannot become a hermie

As I was doing research to try to help out booradley in his post: Clones,Gender, and hermies oh my. I came across sites that claimed both male and female could change sex. Does anyone have the low down on this??
Also check out his post Clones,Gender, and hermies oh my he asks some good questions I would like an answer also if anyone could help
any info would be appreciated

I've had a male hermie. It was a white rhino. A few other people had the same problem with this strain.

bombbudpuffa said:
I've had a male hermie. It was a white rhino. A few other people had the same problem with this strain.

Hmmm good info thanks, yea I ended up looking it up further after I made the post you are right it happens both ways. I just read it wrong.
Thanks for the reply

i had 1 also that started with pollen sacks and ended pollinating itself so i ended up witn Pistils, Pollen sacks and LOTS of SEEDS..... i shredded it and now waiting for alcohol to evaporate for some hash..

how do you have a male hermie or female hermie?
If its a hermie, then isnt it just a hermie?

it is possible to change the sex. Im pretty sure you can only do it indoors becuase i think it has something to do with how you time the lights. i may be wrong tho.

mine turned hermie while it was outside, but it wasnt due to lighting, more like my EX-WIFE throwing my plant across the yard at full force.. LOL..

Latest posts

Back