Male/Female question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmo

Ganja Farmer
Bud of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Just moved 2 of my plants into flowering after 6 weeks or so of veg. I started to notice preflowers about a week ago and just today I noticed that one of the plants preflowers are getting larger, and upon closer inspection I could see a little single white hair coming out of several of the preflowers on this one plant. Would that indicate a female and maybe the other pistil just hasn't show yet, or am I jumping the gun? I took some pictures but I can't zoom and focus close enough for them to do any justice. Also, that particular plant has only 7 leaves per branch and not the usual 9, is this uncommon?

take a photo in focus then crop the photo, love to see it..

one of my clones, just a week in is beginning to flower...

Ok, I was just able to snap a few pictures before lights off. I will see about cropping them right now and post them asap. Dunno how good they will turn out though. Back ASAP!:hubba:

Here are some pictures.

Picture 1 - Plant 1 with possible white hair coming out of preflower, can anyone tell if this is a female or not?

Picture 2 - Plant 2 preflowers showing but don't know what sex it is. There are not any white hairs coming out of the preflowers, but the preflowers are not bunched together, a single preflower at each side of each branch. Anyone care to guess or possibly know the sex of this plant yet or is the picture too blurry or is it still to early to tell?

Picture 3 - Just a picture of both of my plants, they are about 18-20" in height now and will be 6 weeks old tomorrow, they have been flowering for 2 days now.

Picture 4 - Plant 1, just showing the 7 leaf characteristic that this plant has, is this uncommon? Plus that is a really really big leaf, it is larger than my hand by a few inches.

Thanks for any input and sorry in advance for the pictures, my new 400w HPS seems to mess with my camera.

plant 1.JPG

plant 2.JPG

both.JPG

7 leaf.JPG

the part of plant in the background looks like a pistil... but the front left is definately a ball... on another note.... when the light is on the flash on a camera will sometimes clear things up.

Which picture(s) are you talking about. The first 2 pictures are from different plants.

Just give them more time to be sure, before the males pop you will be able to tell for sure.

Both of your plants look to at least be part female to me.

they look female to me.....

the first picture he is saying the bottom left looks like a ball, I disagree, it looks like its a female because the calyx is facing the camera and there is a white spec which looks like a pistil coming out but facing the camera.

actually... that's how it seems for both of them (pics 1 and 2)

I would give it another week and determine for sure, but I think you're in good shape.

leaflet count doesn't really matter... hell some of mine had 3 leaves the entire grow, some 5, some 7, some 9... made no difference, even though they were all from the same strain.

Latest posts

Back