Male/Female

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy

Reaction score
I've been reading up and I'm seeing a lot of about the male/female plants. Correct me if I'm wrong...the females are what I want? The males are no good except for hash? Okay if that's correct then how do I tell the males from the females and once I've determined which is what, what do I do with the males? :p

Thanks
Amy

Hi Amy, you will be able to determine sex shortly after you turn their light down to 12/12. Yes, the males have very liitle value. As soon as you find any, you should get rid of them before they pollinate your females.

The females will have 2 little white hairs or pistils whereas the males will develop sacs. Males are usually first to show themselves.

Male buds and the small accompanying leaf can be pleasantly potent, I have been smoking them for days and am glad I didn't just ditch them. They are around 1/4 as potent as female bud, and it doesn't last as long. But definetly not worthless. Euphoric actually. From all I have read, the male potency varies from strain to strain just as with the females, but yes, they do contain THC.
I don't think that males would be much good for hash unless they were very sticky, resiny males. But I do think they would be really good for baking.
So it really depends on if you have the room to spare, and if you feel like bothering with them. The males won't pollinate until their flowers have developed and opened, so if you could leave them in the garden a week or so and let their buds develop. But remember also that you don't want to smoke or consume them within a couple weeks of fertilization.

males with flowers, not very manly sounding. lol Is there a legal penalty for males? Is the law based on the plant or the chemicals inside of it? And is it based on the THC amount? What about smokin those hermies?

Amy you can keep the males if you want to, you might at times end up with all males period so you got no choice. Just use the search button if you got anymore questions.

Latest posts

Back