Male plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UncleSativa

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I'm planting from seed this time. I swore i would never do it again because it's hard to get the males out of the room before they polinate. Any advice on how/when you can tell you have a male b4 its starts spewing all over my females? I have a microscope. How many weeks into veg does it take to notice? Will cutting down to 18 hrs of light a day make it a faster process? I usually grow my veg with 24 hr a day lighting. Thanks everyone.
UncleSativa

I've heard of people taking cuttings, and flowering the cuttings to find out. Should show in 2 weeks of 12/12. Otherwise if they veg long enough they'll show after the alternating nodes.

Hope that helps...

the fastest way imo would be to take cuttings and flower them. i've just learned that the hard way. if you let them veg long enough they will show sex before flowering. good luck. hope this helps

well in my familes they said males should be out! grow femmines, and i did asked them one question, how far males should be that away far away? they said 11 miles~! or make males go into hash, or butter etc males is ideal for clothes if anyone have cotton picker lol but if u want ur males to bud, best man to check out is jorge!! or ask anyone that know more than i do about grow buds on male, i have hard time do that i gotta learn that too~!

jarrett.simmons said:
well in my familes they said males should be out! grow femmines, and i did asked them one question, how far males should be that away far away? they said 11 miles~! or make males go into hash, or butter etc males is ideal for clothes if anyone have cotton picker lol but if u want ur males to bud, best man to check out is jorge!! or ask anyone that know more than i do about grow buds on male, i have hard time do that i gotta learn that too~!
The males don't produce buds. They may look kinda like buds but they are just pollen sacs. Once those sacs open up and drop their payload your screwed.

Check your plants every day. If the plant starts to develop little balls, pull them out immediately. Not to difficult. You just have to be diligent when looking.

:yeahthat:

I check my plants twice daily, its not difficult to do, so no reasons apart from laziness to get caught out by a male, I found this this morning, it was not there at 8pm last night, they are about 1mm long, male sacks, so the plant is now dead.

balls.jpg

Latest posts

Back