Man who stand on toilet high on pot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have learned much, grasshopper!!! Very nice. :D There are some very smart and talented people here. The best part is they're more than happy to help people like you and me :D. They're also a good humored bunch, especially when they're high:).

Thanks Art! How you doin? My friend ordered that redgreen collection online too. Its awesome, thanks. So what do ya think? those plants in the back gonna be ok? or should I hang it higher?

You're going to have a jungle on your hands. How are you going to get in there and water all of those :)?

Here are my thoughts from a newbie grower :) Your light height is dictated primarily by temps at the top of the canopy. I overcrowded (grew too many plants) my 1st grow and didn't do any sort of canopy management. It was a mess in there, very difficult to water and keep clean. I was much happier with fewer plants my second grow - they all got good light and gave me back decent buds. Look into scrog grows and see if it rings your bell. I'm a big fan of scrog/canopy management. The Hemp Goddess is our resident scrog expert. The other thing I thought when I saw your setup was - nice setup to grow those single cola baseball bats :) (BBP has a good recent post on theseEDIT: Sorry, it was JBonez, apologies to all, especially JBonez).

But you're well on your way and it's all fun :)

Finally, nothing goes better with bongs than Red Green. Keep yer stick on the ice.

Ok. Art, what you said the other day made me think about all this again. Im raising the light as high as I can. I have a 6" inline now and another floor type superfan that blows like 310 cfm. I have also decieded to start with about 4 less plants too. The original idea was to make drains in the top shelf that channeled down to buckets below. This room is not a permanent thing, so for now im just going to hand water them over the buckets instead. The room divider is easily moveable too, so for now Im just gonna make due. I could definetly see what you mean about too many plants thought too, so i think maybe 6 instead of 10 (at least this time until i get the hang). I think the next chapter of this will be my first GJ. Hope I see you there.:watchplant:

lol, love the title of this thread. i've seen it somewhere before... :welcome: :bong:
this forum has made me the local expert in my area :48:
i started off knowing very little in the beginning of 08 and now i just started my first DWC grow a few days ago and it's blowing my mind! :eek:
it grows so fast you can almost sit and watch it grow! :watchplant:
think ima grab the camera and go start a thread for them girls...
Good luck with your project!

I know it has taken a while, but I can finally say "Its up and running." and it feels great. I want to thank everyone for helping me through the beginning of this and having patience to guide someone who knew very little about what to do. I still have to get a carbon scrubber hooked up, but I dont have to worry about that until later. Heres some pics and Im gonna fya up de bong in celebration. Anyone feel free to join me. Ha! As you can see that 1000w is like the sun in my closet, I had to turn it off just to take these pics.

007.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

well guys im a little further along and as unpractical as it is i started with one clone. now im having a prob with it and i was thinkin maybe you guys could help. My camera cord is missing so i have to just tell u. I got the clone (jacks cleaner) from a friend of mine. It was under cfls on a 24 hour cycle before he gave it to me. the trip home was the first dark it ever saw. I took it home and put it under my 1000w hps on a 18 hr cycle in a pot with my growth medium and soil. ever since i brought it home all the leaves from before i got it have died, in the process of. there is new growth, but very little and very slow. Its not drooping, just the old leaves are turning brown and dying. I understand that it suffers a mild amount of shock, but is it supposed to be this much? any input app.

CFL to 1000 watts requires an introductory period, you need to slowly let it get use to the new sun, there is a huge difference between cfl and 1000 w IMO.
it may be to late to bother now if you have new growth the worst may be over and it will start to grow for you, let us know.

found the cord. all new growth seems to die before it gets to far. help.

**** 037.jpg

**** 038.jpg

**** 039.jpg

**** 040.jpg

Hi there chefboyrd420 ! Just a little tip 4u ! This thread was started by NYCD so have kinda taken it over ..This could cause a few problems for you 1=people will see this thread and expect to see NYCD's title (Man who stand on toilet pot high ) We would'nt generally expect to find someone elses grow journal being started in someone elses thread ! 2= if you start your journal here people will not know where to find your grow because its in another persons thread ! 3 = Now that you have a sick plant it is very highly recommended that you post pics of it into the sick plants Arena.... And due to this being some what an emergency i would title it ...Dying plant Emergency Help please ! Then you will get a lot more help from a LOT more people faster ! So things to do ...Post in sick plants and start grow journal ! Peace and take care ! Sorry if you may think i'm being a little harsh but you will gain from posting in the correct place ! I only found this by chance as i wanted to see what NYCD was up to .. Peace and take care !

thanks anyway purp, but this IS my thread. Take a closer look. NYCD was the second post. I started this thread and the title is mine. I do also understand the importance of posting in the proper area and if you check Ive done that as well. However, it doesnt allow you to post the same pic twice so in my grow journal there is a link to this thread. So, im not really bothered because your harshness is misplaced. thanks though.

A 1000W light is waaaayy too much for a little tiny clone. Get some fluoros of some kind on the babies. Also, what kind of soil do you have them in. I am thinking nute burn.

Unless you are growing legally, it is a bad idea to let "friends" know that you grow.

purplephazes said:
Hi there chefboyrd420 ! Just a little tip 4u ! This thread was started by NYCD so have kinda taken it over ..This could cause a few problems for you 1=people will see this thread and expect to see NYCD's title (Man who stand on toilet pot high ) We would'nt generally expect to find someone elses grow journal being started in someone elses thread ! 2= if you start your journal here people will not know where to find your grow because its in another persons thread ! 3 = Now that you have a sick plant it is very highly recommended that you post pics of it into the sick plants Arena.... And due to this being some what an emergency i would title it ...Dying plant Emergency Help please ! Then you will get a lot more help from a LOT more people faster ! So things to do ...Post in sick plants and start grow journal ! Peace and take care ! Sorry if you may think i'm being a little harsh but you will gain from posting in the correct place ! I only found this by chance as i wanted to see what NYCD was up to .. Peace and take care !

I want some of what hes smoking.:yay:

thanks hemp n d. I would thank you at least, but they hid the button on me. I realize that its overkill for sure and not to mention the electric bill isnt worth it for just one little clone, but I had the setup and was offered the clone so I had to give her a home. I definitely am going to change the lights very soon though. I used fox farm soil and growth medium. Although, I gotta say its looking quite a bit better today and I thought about something. I knew that the clone would suffer some shock, but i didnt think about the fact that i just put the block right into the soil and the roots weren't reaching anything outside the block yet. I was using straight purified water w no nutes and the plant was apperently recieving water w nutes before i got it. It must have broke the bottom of the block into soil because its growing the fastest Ive seen it since ive had it. it sprouted two new leaves today and it only sprouted one since ive had it in like a week or so. I think its settling into its new life. Ill post the pics in my grow journal if you wanna see em so i can avoid getting chewed out again. Hope you guys keep an eye on this and thanks for your help again.

chefboyrd420 said:
thanks anyway purp, but this IS my thread. Take a closer look. NYCD was the second post. I started this thread and the title is mine. I do also understand the importance of posting in the proper area and if you check Ive done that as well. However, it doesnt allow you to post the same pic twice so in my grow journal there is a link to this thread. So, im not really bothered because your harshness is misplaced. thanks though.
Sorry bro ! My bad ! I must have been baked Man ! :eek: Again ! Peace and take care !

purplephazes said:
Sorry bro ! My bad ! I must have been baked Man ! :eek: Again ! Peace and take care !

Im sorry Purp. I dont mean to be a douche, but it seems like sometimes the members who have been here for a while are really short with new people. I do appreciate input, but try to take it easy on the newer guys, huh? I apologize for my reaction. Peace offering?
:48:

Latest posts

Back