Manel's Lowryder 2(2nd grow)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well this grow is off to a way slower start then last. I think the cold weather has really slowed down the growth in the lowryder. Its not that they are just smaller they actually seem like they are just younger then 30 days old. They look about the age of my 18 day old plants from my last grow. I'm still getting the greening this time. Can anyone guess what this greening is from?

Here are the pics.

Pic 1 is the group under the light as you can see they look really young
Pic 2 is a single shot with the greening you can see. Anyone know what it is for sure?
Pic 3 is my from last grow at 30 days old same as these.

1.jpg

2.jpg

30daysfirst.jpg

i'm no pro but looks like Nitrogen deficiency to me. nitrogen deficiency would also explain slow growth

:afroweed: hi mans the yellowing is prob n defic as diesel says i feed small amount of grow till wk 4or5 as if you think they dont realy get much in way of grow nutes as for size differance you will always get it with these seeds i have been growing autos for over a year now and no 2 grows ever turn out the same al be they come from same seeds.what is your night temps getting down to you could always put lights to 20/4 or 19/5 with no affect on yeild and it will keep room warmer a bit longer if it is temps affecting plants.ive had lwryder2 from 14inch to 26inch and lwryder2xak47 from 14inch to 31inch so there is alot of variation in them

pop:ccc: :farm:

yeah, i think pop65 and diesel hit it dead on.....N def. is def suspect #1... maybe u should use the grow big nutes NOW..a lil superthrive probably wont hurt either...(great vitamin supp!) jus my opinoin though...look @ richy B's and granddaddytoke lowryder grow journals..the got it down to a science...that's who i follow...amazing results....

I've fed grow big twice now. Once at quarter strength and once at full strength. The only variable I'm different then them would be my tap water.

looking good. I can't find my camera but I have 3 that I think are all girls. My main ?? is have you or anyone that reads this added fish **** to thier soil? I have heard that this is good but it is a SALT WATER aqaurium I have. Would this make a big difference? this would be a stupid ? if I didn't ask it.:D

WELL....THEN PART OF THE PROBLEM, I ASSUME IS YOUR TAP WATER...ARE U AT LEAST CHECKING THE PH OF THAT WATER AND PPM, AS WELL AS EC? IT ALL HELPS BRO, TRUST ME...BUT IF ALL THOSE THINGS ARE IN ORDER, THEN YOU CULPRIT IS MAGNESIUM DEF....:holysheep: ..She is probably lacking magnesium.....with cannabis Mg deficiency shows on the lower sunleaves,(fanleaves) first, the green between the veins becoming a little lighter green as the very early symptom. Seeing it at this stage means the plants are telling you "I NEED MAGNESIUM NOW!!" A quick fix for this would be a lil epsom salt,(1 teaspoon per 5 litres of water) dissolve the epsom salt in some hot water first to make sure it has all dissolved properly. use when watering/feeding in soil.....once in the veg. stage and twice in flower,(day 10 & 35 SO YOU ARE DUE NOW!):D Also,..u may need to flush!!....hope this helps...:hubba: :cool:

manels1111 said:
I've fed grow big twice now. Once at quarter strength and once at full strength. The only variable I'm different then them would be my tap water.

Yes it appears to be mag. I've been foilar feeding lightly 1teaspoon per gallon water solution of epsom salts every day for last 3 days and they are looking tons better.

I check the ph everytime I water with a calbriated regularly ph pen. I have tds meter from when I tried hydro but no point really in soil right? I mean my tap water is about 220ppm out the tap. What is EC?

EC is like ppm, just more accurate way to measure it. Pretty sure.

Try One Of Those Raptest 4-in-1 Combo Soil Meters...it Measures Ph, N,p,k And Even The Moisture In Soil..jus A Suggestion

mmmn your pics of your last grow sure do look tasty though. is that the same strain as what your growing now?

Yeah these are seeds a took off one female I pollinated.

Here they are day 35. They are growing pretty good but still have greening lol.

Pic 1 group shot under hps
Pic 2 my most effected plant by the greening

By the way I did a runoff test watered with 6.6 ph water and it came out the soil 6.5.

group.jpg

sick.jpg

Good Luck With You Grow. I Just Started My Second Lr2 And Lr2xak47 Grow Also.

Here they are at day 41. They have really exploded in growth now. Its warmed up a little here so cold nights aren't to much a problem. Even with the yellowing they are still growing like crazy. They are all about 2 feet tall or just under.

The weird part about the yellowing is it corrects its self as the leaves get older. So leaves that were yellow when they were new growth now midlevel and lower leaves have all turned green and just the top new growth is yellow. I'm at a complete loss. I'm just going to use purified water from now on rather then my tap.

Anyways here they are.

group1.jpg

group2.jpg

topgroup.jpg

solo1.jpg

solo2.jpg

The top part wont be growing much more leaves except for the leaves that stick out of the buds... so unless those leaves are growing out yellow I think you got the situation under control perhaps :). Awsome looking plants btw!

Day 44

These baby's are exploding now. At least 3 maybe 4 inches in the past 3 days. I was comparing them to my first grow plants and these have tons more foliage. Probably due to the Grow Big Veg nutes I gave this bunch. I just switched them over yesterday and gave them their first full dose of Tiger Bloom, Big Bloom, and Open Seaseme with some epsom salts. I think I have a handle on my yellowing its subsiding somewhat.

Thanks guys for stopping in btw.

Here are the pics.

Pic 1 is from my last grow about the same bud development but as you can see way less foliage. My plants this grow are about 10 days older however but due to very cold nights I think they are going to take a little longer to mature.
Pic 2 group shot today at 44days old
Pic 3 solo shot today
Pic 4 group shot today
Pic 5 solo shot today
Pic 6 group shot today

firstgrow.jpg

group1.jpg

solo1.jpg

group2.jpg

solo2.jpg

group3.jpg

The yellowing is almost all gone. So I figure it was very bad tap water causing me problems this whole time. Anyhow day 53 but more like day 43 due to hybernation mode of cold weather.

Here are some pics. They actually look like they are going to turn out better then my last. Trichs are starting to form nice fruity smell on all 4.

single.jpg

double.jpg

double2.jpg

doubl3.jpg

Latest posts

Back