Manel's Lowryder #2 Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manels1111

Master Noob
Reaction score
Well just getting going on my second grow. My first one is winding down. I ordered 15 seeds from Dr. Chronic on a friday and got them the very following monday to cali. This grow after seeing Richyb's success with lr2 I decided to give it a shot.

For this grow I'm going to use a 600w hps in a basement/cellar type grow. Right now I have the seedling under two 18w CFL, 1400 total lumen, 6500kelvin. This should last me a week or so and I'll throw the 600w on them.

As my last grow I started seeds right into rapid rooters. No paper towel or anything like. All 15 of my seeds have cracked and about 13 have popped their covering. With rapid rooters and dr. chronic I'm 25 for 25 so far on my germination rate.

Here are the beginnings of what I hope is a nice grow.

lowryder 001.jpg

lowryder 002.jpg

lowryder 003.jpg

Day 3 and I transplanted from the rapid rooters into there containers they will be in until I sex them in a couple weeks.

These things have like big tap roots already. Well at least compared to my last grow when I transplanted after a few days they had roots just starting to come out all the side of the rooter.

On low ryder #2 after 3 days in rapid rooter and I lifted up tray most had at least 1 inch tap root sticking out the bottom. I just thought that was interesting.

Anyhow a few pictures of the basement setup and them under the 600w.

low-1.jpg

low-3.jpg

loww-2.jpg

Still just watering normal ph'd water no nutes yet. Will start fox farm big bloom and a little grow big next week. The after about a week switch to big bloom and tiger bloom.

Couple of leaves very edges are curling up light heat stress but the temp there never gets above 85 degrees. I raised the light another 6 inches. My 600w hps is about 18 inches above these girls.

low-1.jpg

nice bro, check my siggy we are about the same in veg, keep it up, gonna be following this one closely.

Looking good so far. Just watered with Fox Farm big bloom 1/4 strength for the first time. Will feed big bloom 1/2 strength and tiger bloom 1/4 strength this very next watering. Then regular water and then move to full big bloom(not much risk of burn) and 1/2 strength tiger bloom. Regular water and then full strength both. Should put me well into 25 days plus at the point working with full bloom schedule Fox Farm Nutes.

No bug signs yet which is good. I had a pretty bad thrip and late in flower might problem but I have sinced moved locations to the basement. I hoping the natural mugginess of a basement will keep mites away. Well I think anyway. Mites don't like humidity?

looking like your on your way..looking great so far..keep us updated!

yeah man, i see what your talking about with that little gal on the left, your right tho, a very minor, easily fixable thing! g/l so far man looking awesome!

I don't know if its a phenotype or genotype not sure on the language but look at the plant smack dab in the middle with huge single leaves compared to some of the others. Is that a phenotype or genotype. These are all doc lowryder #2 all planted at same time same way.

Lots of new growth. I watered today with about 1/4 grow big veg nute. Wanted to get at least a little shot of nitrogen before using all bloom nutes. I'm seeing what I'm pretty sure are the beginnings of males on two plants now. I definantly have to genotypes. One real compact big leaves tight internode growth and one more stretched taller. One of the males is on a short one and one of the males is on the taller ones so that doesn't seem to be an indicator.

low1.jpg

low-2.jpg

low-3.jpg

manels1111 said:
Lots of new growth. I watered today with about 1/4 grow big veg nute. Wanted to get at least a little shot of nitrogen before using all bloom nutes. I'm seeing what I'm pretty sure are the beginnings of males on two plants now. I definantly have to genotypes. One real compact big leaves tight internode growth and one more stretched taller. One of the males is on a short one and one of the males is on the taller ones so that doesn't seem to be an indicator.

mine are a couple of days older, how can you see males already? is it the lowrider strain? do autoflowers show early i assume?

everything is looking good there, mang... good luck on yer grow :aok:

what set up are you using what lights and the size

Yeah lowryder's basically skip the veg state they go straight from seedling into flower. Check out Richyb's grown. I'm using a 600w HPS using fox farm ocean forest soil. Using fox farm nutes.

If your growing non auto you will have to wait until you switch the plants to 12/12 to see sex. Auto flower develop sex not matter what light cycle around 3 weeks of age.

Reactions: daf
I'm trying to decide which male plant I want to use for polination. Should I use a short internode spaced male or a more stretched one. Normally I would have picked the short internode spacing male but being lowryder I'm a bit worried about midgets if that makes sense?

manels1111 said:
I'm trying to decide which male plant I want to use for polination. Should I use a short internode spaced male or a more stretched one. Normally I would have picked the short internode spacing male but being lowryder I'm a bit worried about midgets if that makes sense?

I use the tallest ones.

Day 15. I decided to transplant some of the females showing and remove the males. I kept my best to males and moved them out of the basement. Growing them under those 2 CFL I had during seedling. When the time comes I'm just going to polinate an entire female.

Thought I would post the root ball of one I was transplanting. After just 15 days its starting to get roots circling the bottom of the pot.

Pic 1 and 2 of them before transplant.
Pic 3 is the root ball
Pic 4 is them back together minus the males.

low-1.jpg

low-2.jpg

low-root.jpg

low-done.jpg

Well looks like out of 15 Dr. Chronic Seeds 2 didn't make sprout. 3 males and 10 females. I saved 2 males witch are growing lots of nards as we speak in an upstairs room. My ten femals have been transplanted. I just finished watering all of them with 1/2 strength Fox Farm Tiger Bloom, 1/2 strength Big Bloom, and 1/2 strength Cha Ching.

Pic 1-2 of the girls
Pic 3-4 of the boys I'm using for pollen

females-1.jpg

females-2.jpg

male-1.jpg

males-2.jpg

Latest posts

Back