Many Thanks"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mainebud

Reaction score
Hello everybody, I just joined and wanted to say thanks for all the info everybody posts! I am in the planning stages of my grow room and have been studying hard! I can't wait to start a journal. I am especially interested in the scrog method as I am limited to 6 flowering plants. I have purple kush and great white shark seeds on the way so any advice would be great! Thanks again!

hello, and welcome to MP. let us know if you have any question about growroom layouts and such. i have no personal experience with those 2 strains but im sure many others do.

Hey welcome to the site there main i am a scrogger and can help you with any questions 6 plant license so 3 plant scrog 1200 or 2000 watts per 5 x 5 area 3 in veg once your done the flowering on them 3 , take 3 clones and throw other 3 in flower and repeat the process sounds like fun anyways start a journal and i am sure you will get lots of help with your endeavours
Cheers Doc

Thanks for the welcomes! Dr I can have 6 plants flowering. Unlimited clones, seedlings etc. in six months I can double that. I have been studying your journal and already have a perfect space for that 5 x 15! But for now ill start with the legal number of six. So if I do a six plant I should use four 1000 watt hps? What are your thoughts on a ebb and grow system? I know you used totes and soil.

Hello main depending on how big you let them plants go you will want anywhere from 40 watts per Sq foot up 60 - 70 watts per sq foot is a perfect set up but then heat issues can arise imo i would do 6 plants in 5 x 8 foot scrog 3000 watts
giving you 5 x 8 = 40 sq feet
3000 watts divide by 40 = 75 watts per sq foot that my friend is a perfect set up or go two 1000's with a 600 in middle 65 watts per sq foot with unlimited clones and possible veg times i would have plants under flourescents 6 - 7 weeks as plants flower then 1 - 2 weeks vegging under big power in flower room then flower you would have nice yields

Ya came to the best place on the Net to learn to Grow. And really good PPL. Welcome

Dr. Sounds like a plan! When you say 1-2 weeks under hid should I buy lamps that will run mh as well as hps. Or just use hps on for 18 hours? I don't think heat will be issue since this space is un heathed basement. I'm thinking about heating mats to keep roots warm and add ambient heat when lights are off. I'm thinking of using ebb and grow hydro system any thoughts on that?

Hello main if i were you i would run one mh in middle of 2 hps's in flower
if your really wanting to to above average grows i would run 2600 watts 2 - 1000 HPS
1- 600 mh in middle
as for ballests make sure there compatible for MH and HPS this way you got best of both worlds also remember what ever you decide for grow area try for min 50 watts per sq foot and you will do really well what i ment about 1 - 2 weeks is when moving plants from veg room to flower pending on size of them and power used in veg for instance many will clone and veg under flourescents so while plants are in flower under hids them veg plants are growing but not going to be ready to just flip to flower so once flower room is done get them into room and veg for 1 - 2 weeks more under real power giving you some nice growth
my thoughts depending on your skill set i would grow soil getting a few grows under your belt before moving into hydro
remember under scrog table it will be hard to work with in soil it can be maintained better

Thanks Dr. I'm going to try to duplicate your 12 plant scrog exactly as you did except only six plants. I'm sure I'll have more questions but at least now I have a plan of attack! Many thanks

Welcome Mainebud. Grow well!

Latest posts

Back