Mappy's First Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mappy

theres a new kid in town.
Reaction score
Hi ya! This is my first attempt . Here are some pictures of my set up:

set up 1.jpg

set up 2.jpg

close up indica.jpg

this is at about the 4th week of vegatation, I think I'll let them grow untill the room is full then go for the flower cycle. It sure has been neat watching them take off!:D

indica 2.jpg

stats.jpg

I like the solar blankets!! That's my flavor, its all about keeping the overhead costs down... What genetics are those?

What the genetics are . Some very special seeds though, I saved them from just rare occasions over the last ten or so years (you know, the times that you get a seed when you least expect it). It all obviously is indica , and I can hardly wait to see which ones will be females!;)

heres a couple of the latest pics, got some close ups of the branch points. Still unable to tell sex on any of them.......:bong:

(I put the 32 oz. cup in the third picture for size comparison to the leaf.)

Grow Journal 001.jpg

Grow Journal 003.jpg

Grow Journal 008.jpg

Today I found that two of my five plants are showing to be female, so far!:D Here is some of the evidence I found: you can see the pistols sticking out of the ends of the glands

Grow Journal 001.jpg

Grow Journal 002.jpg

Grow Journal 003.jpg

Grow Journal 004.jpg

Congratulations!! I am looking foreword to watching them grow up. Before long you will be sniffling and reminiscing about when they were just wee little sprouts. LOL

Hey all!
I have some more pictures to post. Its week #6 and I decided to crop my two females , for clones and to help make the plants bush out. The first two pix are emmediatly after transplanting(after rooting powder of course). The next two are from today(24 hrs. later). Looks like they will be ok.............

Grow Journal 4-29-07 002.jpg

Grow Journal 4-29-07 003.jpg

Grow Journal 4-29-07 004.jpg

Grow Journal 4-29-07 006.jpg

These two look like they are ready to go big!:D

Grow Journal 4-29-07 008.jpg

I am planning on 8 weeks veg, and 8 weeks of flowering.

:D just found my third female! Trimmed the fan leaves off of the last two plants. I have a suspician that they may be male, the growth was so dense that I could hardly see the nodes! still waiting to see some hard evidence either way.

Professor bongwater said:
If you don't mind me asking. What does trimming the fan leaves off do?

I'm not sure........:rolleyes: I have read about the pros and cons, some say to do it after they bud so the plant will concintrate on flowerings. others say dont do it at all, the plant needs all the resources for energy that it can get. I did it this time,(only to the last two plants that are hidding their sex) to see if they would bush out a little more, these are some really dense plants!:p

Grow Journal 5-5-07 008.jpg

Grow Journal 5-5-07 010.jpg

Grow Journal 5-5-07 013.jpg

Got rid of my first I.D.ed male. I still have one more plant in question, but I decided to start the flowering cycle. So as of last night I changed the bulb (from metal halide-enhanced to the super hps) and changed the light cycle to 12 & 12.;) heres a look at it now,

Grow Journal 5-12-07 015.jpg

Grow Journal 5-12-07 001.jpg

Grow Journal 5-12-07 005.jpg

hey all! Just been waitin to see what happens next..........
meanwhile, I lost the two clones,looks like they got moldy at the base down into the soil:eek: well itsa lesson learned. I do have 4 healthy females though, and it looks like my first run will be a decent one.;)

Grow Journal 5-21-07 007.jpg

Latest posts

Back