maximizing yield methods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Medman

Reaction score
Ok so over the years I've been experimenting with all sorts of training methods to get that perfect yield. So far the best thing thats worked for me is to top just once right when flipping to 12/12. Doing this I got 2.5 pounds out of 1500 watts of HPS with 35 plants. Now on my latest test I've topped and pinched 6 plants so much I have huge 5 ft across 5 ft tall girls. It took forever to veg them to this size though. What I've been trying to figure out over the years and still haven't is if all this training is really nessecary. I've been told by many people wattage controls how much you're going to get no matter how many plants or how they are trained. Any input on this? Whats worked best for everyone else? Is it possible to get the same size yields outta a 12" plant as a 3' plant?

I must say i use the same approach as you medman, i trim my plants just before 12-12 and get 4 more main cola`s and seems to be my favourit. As for maximizing yield. The most grams per watt ive ever seen was with a vertical 1000watt bulb(no reflector), hanging between 4 plants, every watering you turn the plant 90 degrees and continue to do so till you harvest, i think he got something like 3.7 pounds with 1 light. I haven`t tried it but it seems to do wonders for some.

Latest posts

Back