measurements/lights etc,please help ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babymonkey

Reaction score
hi
after reading for many hours on the forumn,im just struggling how people work everything out....like how much light you need with how big your room is & the right amount of lumens

am i using the wrong metric to people as im using metres ?

example :

if i had a room 1.2m x 1.2m x 2m

how do i work out how much lights to use & the correct lumens ?

how many lumens do you need for the room size above in VEG stage ?

how many lumens do you need for the room above in FLOWERING stage ?

thanks

It appears you have just over 15 sq ft to light up.
For 5000 lps in the flower stage you would need 75,000 lumens. I would recommend a 600w hps, they output between 80,000 to 95,000 lumens.
If you plan on using the same space to veg and flower then you could invest in a MH conversion bulb for the 600w fixture for vegging. They put out around 70,000 lumens and would be more than enough for vegging.

I can't think in metric :eek:

You are going to want at least 3000 lumens per sq ft for vegging and 5000 lumens per sq ft for flowering. A room 1.2 meters sq is about 16 sq ft. A 600W HPS would work well for flowering. I really like air cooled hoods.

warfish said:
It appears you have just over 15 sq ft to light up.
For 5000 lps in the flower stage you would need 75,000 lumens. I would recommend a 600w hps, they output between 80,000 to 95,000 lumens.
If you plan on using the same space to veg and flower then you could invest in a MH conversion bulb for the 600w fixture for vegging. They put out around 70,000 lumens and would be more than enough for vegging.

thanks warfish

you`ve gave me a good understanding of what i need to be working off

thanks

The Hemp Goddess said:
I can't think in metric :eek:

You are going to want at least 3000 lumens per sq ft for vegging and 5000 lumens per sq ft for flowering. A room 1.2 meters sq is about 16 sq ft. A 600W HPS would work well for flowering. I really like air cooled hoods.

hi (the hemp goddess)

many thanks aswell for a reply,im beginning to understand how the light,lumen thing works
about the cooled hoods you said you like,im trying to get my temp down another 5 - 10 degrees,im just using a HPS 600w light with a reflector,im just wondering if you knew how much an air cooled hood would bring the temp down ?
also how much temp you could bring down with a cool tube ?

thanks

Air cooled hoods make a world of difference I had my 600 running without being vented just to see how hot it would get in my 16sq ft space, and it was in the 90's in a few minutes. With a 375 cfm fan hooked up to it it stays between 72-77 degrees

Latest posts

Back