Mendocino County drops pot permits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:yeahthat: Ozzy, I'm sure its similar in many states! Seemed most of the stuff we were getting (that wasn't green) was brought in from Mexico. I remember waiting patiently for the "summer dry spell" to ease up as farmers brought in their crops! Oh man, so glad to not have that issue anymore!

ozzydiodude said:
I got to disagree with you on the greenweeds coming from Cali around here most of it was grown here in WV or in Ohio or Kentucky and has been fr yrs. Same rules as fight club here too, we know who and what they grow and can tell most the time who grew it.

I agree. I know you boys been growin' da dank for a long time too, and I am sure you still are. Just like with Mendo, there are generations that do nothing but.
I give you guys more credit too, as the laws where you are at are far worse then what we have ever faced.

Dont WV, Kentucky peeps only wear suspenders, rock a nice mullet and make moonshine? They also grow weed too?

Suspenders only to church biboverall the rest the time, mullets are for wantabee hillbillies real hillbillies dont cut their hair but once a yr shave head in spring. Making moonshine is a family tradition for some of us others just enjoy. got to have the hillbilly hay.

Roddy said:
When we do things, believe that we are not wondering "how will this effect MI?"

You might call this selfish. I call this fighting the system. What happens here will trickle down as other States catch up to us.
I know where you are coming from, you want us to be an "example" and have happy joy joy news coming from your TV about how Cali is really playing ball and following the "rules".

What you don't seem to understand is that anything done in Cali, Oregon, Colorado etc etc DOES impact the rest of the states. So, while you're so proud of those breaking the laws while using MMJ as their shield, others might not be so happy happy, joy joy.

This is also happening in MI(laws being broke) and don't you think that the eyes are also on you? If Cali did not push the envelope I doubt that there would be any mmj anywhere in the US. I don't live in Cali but maybe they figure that since they have mmj maybe they should just go for it and try to get full legalization of mj.

You mentioned in an earlier post that the voting system is screwed up, so how is one suppose to make change if they do not push the envelope and break a few antiquated laws? I guess one could start a campaign to legalize but the bias news media would just make the campaigner out to be the next #1 terrorist in the US and people like you would believe them. Or by just by sitting back and doing nothing? Which seems to be the approach you would prefer. I just cannot see that working. People need to understand their own mmj laws before they start crying fowl over what Cali is doing.jmo

No one has said MI is perfect, no state is. Sure, the eyes are on us as well. Many states are now watching to see what we figure out on this dispensary deal so they know how to continue. Every state wanting are watching and learning from the states having....what I've said all along. However, the news is not nearly as focused on MI as it is on Cali...as is obvious by the feds making waves there.

Cali pushing the envelope is great, nowhere have I said people should stop breaking the law and growing....please point this out to me. I believe my point has always been STOP hiding behind the laws they themselves voted in and are now making a mockery...which is affecting the rest of the states. And you keep pretending I don't know the laws in MI, wrong. I think I have a pretty good grasp on the law and the situation in my state...probably as much as Hal believes he knows his.

Roddy said:
Cali pushing the envelope is great, nowhere have I said people should stop breaking the law and growing....please point this out to me. I believe my point has always been STOP hiding behind the laws they themselves voted in and are now making a mockery...which is affecting the rest of the states. And you keep pretending I don't know the laws in MI, wrong. I think I have a pretty good grasp on the law and the situation in my state...

When MI gets to be the size of Cali, with the economic impact that Cali has maybe more people will watch MI. That is why Cali is on top of the list. MI is doing the same thing(hiding behind mmj) with dispensaries, trying to make the law fit their circumstance.

From many of your other posts it appears to me that you do not know your own state laws or what you have actually voted in. We had some very similar worded legislation presented here but they withdrew it because of vagueness of the legislation on who,what and where. Whereas MI jumped before they read or understood the whole legislation that was before them. jmo

When MI gets to be the size of Cali, with the economic impact that Cali has maybe more people will watch MI. That is why Cali is on top of the list. MI is doing the same thing(hiding behind mmj) with dispensaries, trying to make the law fit their circumstance.

This is :**: I believe everyone knows why Cali is being scrutinized....not because they're economy is bigger. Well, their POT economy is, this is the reason they're being scrutinized. The feds are cracking down on dispensaries in Cali, not in MI....MI is dealing with clarifying our laws, dealing with an out-of-touch AG. The dispensaries here aren't being shut down...why? SIMPLE (and has been explained a few times), we're FIGHTING the law IN COURT!! That's right, we're not hiding, we're not pretending...we're fighting. Some counties disagree with the law and won't enforce it.

LOL...can't use the site's own emoticon?

Roddy said:

This is :**: I believe everyone knows why Cali is being scrutinized....not because they're economy is bigger. The feds are cracking down on dispensaries in Cali, not in MI....MI is dealing with clarifying our laws, dealing with an out-of-touch AG. The dispensaries here aren't being shut down...why? SIMPLE (and has been explained a few times), we're FIGHTING the law IN COURT!! That's right, we're not hiding, we're not pretending...we're fighting. Some counties disagree with the law and won't enforce it.

LOL...can't use the site's own emoticon?

Why then are the feds cracking down in Cali? Because they are breaking the law?:laugh: Well so is every state that has mmj then.

:confused2: According to many of MI newspapers dispensaries are being shut down by the State Police because they are breaking the mmj law that was voted in. Also your newspapers do not say your AG is out of touch, so who are we to believe? :confused2:

You can fight in court till your face turns blue but if you do not have a leg to stand on you are not going to win. Your mmj laws seem pretty cut and dry to me on who can dispense mj.

Cali is being scrutinized because they are blatantly breaking the law...the law they themselves voted in. The one that, if they'd have followed it, they'd not be fighting with the feds. Feds said they'd back off the MMJ states, why we don't see them in MI...we're not grabbing their attention.

Yeah, since it's not in the papers, it must not be true :rofl: You don't see what's going on here, I do. I see every single dispensary open in my county, in Jackson County and several others. Why? Because the AG isn't being followed by these county's LEO, not being enforced by the DA's nor will they bother to waste our taxpayer money. Some of the legal people actually see what's going on.

Yeah, we must have some sort of leg since the case is still in court, had it been baseless, the supreme court would have simply denied the appeal....that's how the legal system works, my friend! Granted, we're bound to lose...but at least we're working the system. And if/when it goes down, we'll continue to fight.

Ask yourself this, why oh why are the Cali people having such a problem with the feds when we don't see it in any other MMJ states. If, as you like to point out, they're all breaking the law, why is it that Cali is the only one with the big boys breathing down their throat. Maybe because Cali is not only breaking fed law, but making a mockery of it? Maybe because they (the feds) see it as a slap since the feds already said they'd step aside? Maybe because there's sooo much going on in Cali that the feds and many others can't look the other way?

Roddy said:
Cali is being scrutinized because they are blatantly breaking the law...the law they themselves voted in. The one that, if they'd have followed it, they'd not be fighting with the feds. Feds said they'd back off the MMJ states, why we don't see them in MI...we're not grabbing their attention.

Yeah, since it's not in the papers, it must not be true :rofl: You don't see what's going on here, I do. I see every single dispensary open in my county, in Jackson County and several others. Why? Because the AG isn't being followed by these county's LEO, not being enforced by the DA's nor will they bother to waste our taxpayer money. Some of the legal people actually see what's going on.

Yeah, we must have some sort of leg since the case is still in court, had it been baseless, the supreme court would have simply denied the appeal....that's how the legal system works, my friend! Granted, we're bound to lose...but at least we're working the system. And if/when it goes down, we'll continue to fight.

:rofl: You are using the same argument that NCH has been trying to explain to you that is what is happening in Cali. :rofl: So you sit on one side of they fence if it concerns Cali and on the opposite side if it concerns MI. And I still stand by my words on why Cali is the center of attention. If Cali was some small state such as MI they would not have the eyes of America on them or the feds, it would shift to the next largest state. All states with mmj are blatantly breaking the law, so your explanation of why is useless.

Oh and there are many baseless/useless lawsuits in the court system. If you have the money a lawyer will take the case.

Roddy said:
Ask yourself this, why oh why are the Cali people having such a problem with the feds when we don't see it in any other MMJ states. If, as you like to point out, they're all breaking the law, why is it that Cali is the only one with the big boys breathing down their throat. Maybe because Cali is not only breaking fed law, but making a mockery of it? Maybe because they (the feds) see it as a slap since the feds already said they'd step aside? Maybe because there's sooo much going on in Cali that the feds and many others can't look the other way?

The feds are in all states:doh:

When you are the size of Cali with the economic impact they have. They are going to try to squash it there first. People always go for the biggest first, been that way for a long time. Cut the head off and the rest of the snake will die, ever hear of that saying?

If you want to believe that all the other states breaking the law fly under the radar because they're smaller than Cali, I suppose you can. I guess we should all start doing whatever we please, Cali will keep their attention??

Somehow, I just don't think so.

pcduck said:
The feds are in all states:doh:

When you are the size of Cali with the economic impact they have. They are going to try to squash it there first. People always go for the biggest first, been that way for a long time. Cut the head off and the rest of the snake will die, ever hear of that saying?

Oh come now! So, the feds will push their might around in the already established state...not try to stop it from growing in others? Let the problem get the size of the Cali, then try to fight it?

really? feds are forcing the closures in all states?? Haven't seen them here, or all counties would be closed. Or are you making a broad statement that feds are in every state? Yeah, the feds are in every state, dealing with other thngs, though!

Size of state has no meaning, it's the size of the problem.

pcduck said:
:rofl: You are using the same argument that NCH has been trying to explain to you that is what is happening in Cali. :rofl: So you sit on one side of they fence if it concerns Cali and on the opposite side if it concerns MI.

And I still stand by my words on why Cali is the center of attention. If Cali was some small state such as MI they would not have the eyes of America on them or the feds, it would shift to the next largest state. All states with mmj are blatantly breaking the law, so your explanation of why is useless.

Oh and there are many baseless/useless lawsuits in the court system. If you have the money a lawyer will take the case.

No, not at all.

You do understand that the supreme court can deny any case they decide isn't worth hearing, don't you? Sure, any lawyer can bring a case to the SC, the SC either hears it or denies it...they're hearing this one.

Roddy said:
Oh come now! So, the feds will push their might around in the already established state...not try to stop it from growing in others? Let the problem get the size of the Cali, then try to fight it?

really? feds are forcing the closures in all states?? Haven't seen them here, or all counties would be closed.

Size of state has no meaning, it's the size of the problem.

The bigger the state(population wise), the more people, the more problems. You sure do not have to stay at a Holiday Inn to understand this.:doh:

They have recently been in Montana and Colorado. You need to keep up with the program more. As far as MI, why have the feds do the work when the State Police are doing it for them? :doh:

LOL...so, if Cali only had a single dealer in the whole state and that guy was low-key...the feds would still crack down on him before bothering with other states??? Because Cali is the big state???

Roddy said:
No, not at all.

You do understand that the supreme court can deny any case they decide isn't worth hearing, don't you? Sure, any lawyer can bring a case to the SC, the SC either hears it or denies it...they're hearing this one.

I understand that quite well. I have been if front of the US Supreme Court:eek:

If the Supreme Court is hearing this case when is their decision being handed down? Or is it just still in limbo and are waiting to see if they are going to hear it? When I was facing them they gave me a timeline to when to expect the decision to be handed down. It took longer for them to decide if they were going to hear it then it did to hear their final decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back