Mentalpatient's Box Grow 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update August 12/08

Things are going smoothly. Recently got myself some 8" pots to put my clones in. That will be their final growing container since I am growing them out to be a single cola. I've got about 12-13 clones sitting outside because I ran out of room so I'm going to put them in a nice sunny place they will love. It will be interesting to see how indoors fares to ourdoors.

So far I have only 4 lights going in the box that can hold 6. I have 3x 42 watters as well as a single 23 watter at the moment. I'm not sure how the plants will grow under these kind of lighting conditions... There doesn't seem to be as much illumnation as I would like... Hopefully I will grow enough for a personal stash! But my number one decision to do this type of grow is to see what it would be like. What kind of tending this set-up might need and basically because I've never done a batch of single cola plants. I've always grown my plants big, except for one which I grew a couple years back which turned out to be a monster of a 1 foot cola plant. :eek:

Anyways, I've still got about 6 clones under the humidity dome. I'm pondering perhaps taking more clones, I'm compelled to take more whenever I think about it. But whenever I take a bunch and they finally root, I feel I have too much! Ahah.

My normal camera has been defected by misuse. I dropped it last week and now it wont turn on unless I hold the power cord a certain way and the pictures it takes can't be opened by my computer anymore. So for now, I'm using my cell phone to take the images.

12-08-08_2257.jpg

12-08-08_2251.jpg

12-08-08_2254.jpg

12-08-08_2252.jpg

12-08-08_2253.jpg

12-08-08_2300.jpg

12-08-08_2258.jpg

Update September 29/08

Hey guys, been a long time!

To start, I havn't been taking care of my babies all too much. They have lacked sufficient watering and have recieved no nutrient suppliments. My plants suffered from severe humidity for a prolonged period of time which caused their leaves to turn yellow and wither away. I an sure this hampered their growing process, especially when they were just starting to bud.

But all in all, my little mini buds are looking very crystally and smell excellent!

I'm planning on harvesting these babies sometime soon. I lost track of how many days they've been in the flowering process, but I'm assuming the two month period is either coming up or is gone past. I'd like to keep the window open before they start to process a chemical other than THC... I forget the process.

I've got a big lot of outdoor plants in styrofoam cups. They have very little root space in their containers and thus the buds are extremely small. I left them out in the yard just to see what would become of them, and they are turning out all right. Small sure, but potency doesn't seem to be hampered! You can clearly see little crystals all over them upon closer inspection. I'll post pictures later.

Unfortunately, I had an outdoor plant get stolen. I was relying on the ferns to camoflauge it, but since fall is coming, the ferns died out and left my baby exposed near a trail. I went today and found my bucket with all the soil and a big hole where my girl used to be. She had some really nice round nugs and I miss her. But this is a lesson for me. You can see ATV tracks leading RIGHT to her... The person didn't even bother getting off their four wheeler to check out my baby. Well, I hope the person or persons who stole my girl dry her out properly and cure her good. Chances are they might either just smoke her right away OR they could be against marijuana and just throw her out! At least they left my bucket for me to take back. That, I am grateful for.

I have a few other spots outdoors nobody has found yet... Some in bigger pots than others... some directly in the ground. Nothing too spectacular.

My camera is acting up, so a lot of the pictures I took didn't come out... Here's what I got. I'm going to take some on my cell phone.

pic2.gif

pic3.gif

pic1.gif

pic4.gif

Update September 30/08

Just posting some pictures. The first pic is one of my outdoor plants I harvested early due to paranoia that somebody will find my baby. The cola is probably one of the bigger ones I've grown. It smells great and I'm happy that it's actually mine for the smoking! Of course, I'm going to spread the joy and have a few friends over to share the love - as always.

I tried taking some really close-up shots... but they're still kind of blurry. I'm going to cut a bunch down tonight, most of the smaller ones. I don't think they're going to get any bigger and I'm sure they're quite potent as is. There's so many visable crystals, just looking at them makes me drool acutely. :cool:

All in all... I could have grown bigger, better buds but I have neglected them a lot. But I'd have to say that they have done very well considering. The soil in most of them is really bad. It becomes hard as a rock when I fail to water them for a few days. Only two out of all the plants actually have good soil, and get this, the ones with the good soil are the best ones! I don't think it's a coinsidence that the good ones are the ones with the better soil... Lesson learned! Use good soil!

Happy growing ladies and gents!

29-09-08_2018.jpg

HPIM1672.JPG

pic1.gif

pic2.gif

hey, some bud is better than no bud right? beats having to pay for it hands down.:D . can't find any fox farm around here, so i use promix.
come to think of it , i better stock up, before the winter supply(of none)
dwindles.(makes mental note).

I was browsing my collection of photos taken and I realized I didn't post what else I had. There are pictures of my late outdoor grow as well. If there's anybody out there that's interested, hopefully these pictures can be of some help in one way or another. Happy smoking and of course, growing.

01-10-08_2322.jpg

01-10-08_2324.jpg

04-10-08_1851.jpg

04-10-08_1852.jpg

04-10-08_1901.jpg

16-10-08_1849.jpg

16-10-08_1850.jpg

20-10-08_1602.jpg

20-10-08_1603.jpg

pic1.gif

Ima huge fan of your last cfl grow man, its going to take me a while to look at all these pictures on this thread and give ya a thanks for em but I wanted to post now to say how great I think your grow is comin from 1 cfl user to another

Latest posts

Back