mh vs fluoro?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rafghan

smoketician
Reaction score
so ive been veggin with fluoros and switching to hps for flowering, i jus bought a dimmable ballast that does hps and mh. should i put the fluoros away and just go with mh to hps, or is there a benefit to em? maybe on the little girls?

I would personally go with the MH over the flouros if you have them both right there, hell use them both man.

rotten_socks420 said:
I would personally go with the MH over the flouros if you have them both right there, hell use them both man.

i was kinda thinkin both...they are 6 x 40w blue sunshine bulbs, no i dont have the mh bulb yet but i was thinking a 400w mh would prolly be more effective than the fluoro light?

Don't like MH lighting and don't use it--haven't for several years. I personally have found that I get better vegetative growth with 216W of T5 fluoro light than I do with 400W of MH light. I have 400W MH lights that I do not use anymore because of the great vegging growth that I get from the T5s--about 1/2 the watts and way less heat.

^^^ smart. im guessin thats much less expensive to run as well?

Latest posts

Back