Miracle Gro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moisture control actually will grow unlike the organic but the plants don't like it at all, ill never use it again also.

Is mg regional? Like if you buy a bag in the Midwest it may not be the exact same mix as say the west coast?

I know a few soils are, thinking I read it on the mg as well, picking up a couple bags shortly I'll have to read bag again I guess.

any of you all ever use this soil?

hxxp://www.junglegrowth.com/

Grower13 said:
any of you all ever use this soil?

hxxp://www.junglegrowth.com/

never seen it before, looking at thier site if not expensive i would probably give it a try if i ever found it, again depends on the price

i would try the "growers Mix" i stay away from Organic labled stuff now, if i want organic i would "build" my own soil.

Ok thanks for the info everyone, I know its not the best soil to use on the market :fid: but i just started a grow and dont have the money for any FF or anything of that nature:shocked: so im going to try to grow in it. I've grown a couple of girls in the rich FL dirt with some chicken skat and it didnt turn out to bad but if i can figure out how make a grow journel i will keep you posted on this fun MG trip.

its all good i perfer it over the FF, as long as you got the stuff in the yellow & green bags, says up to 6 months or whatever on it you should be fine.

just use no nutes for like 4 weeks.

you can click on my signature, all of them are in it (except ugly sativa). also was used on these

the MG i got was actually a weird bag of soil it was meant for grass seed and sod so im still not sure if it has nutes in it but im still goin to wait just to be safe

smokeymcbuds said:
the MG i got was actually a weird bag of soil it was meant for grass seed and sod so im still not sure if it has nutes in it but im still goin to wait just to be safe

you better add some perlite........ sound like it could be heavier than potting soil.

Scott’s, the parent company of Miracle-Gro, is in bed with Monsanto and are the exclusive agent of Round-Up.

For me, I don’t care how organic one small part of their product line is because ultimately it is going to a company that I cannot support. I’d rather source my fertilizer and other gardening needs from elsewhere than to get organics from a company that I don’t believe in.

This is what it all comes down to. It’s not just about being organic. It’s about what your money is supporting.

I don’t care how organic their product is. As consumers, we vote with our dollars. When you give your dollar to a company like Scott’s you are supporting what they are doing. Even if you buy their organic product, it’s still going to the same company.

if the fact that their products are primarily crap, "IMO/E"... isn't enough. :)
hxxp://www.naturalnews.com/Monsanto.html
hxxp://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/01/31/monsanto-worst-company-of-2011.aspx
hxxp://www.monsantosucks.com/

EDIT . I should add, I have not tried all of their 'new 'n improved' products.

smokeymcbuds said:
Ok thanks for the info everyone, I know its not the best soil to use on the market :fid: but i just started a grow and dont have the money for any FF or anything of that nature:shocked: so im going to try to grow in it. I've grown a couple of girls in the rich FL dirt with some chicken skat and it didnt turn out to bad but if i can figure out how make a grow journel i will keep you posted on this fun MG trip.

How can you afford to grow if you cannot afford decent soil to get started? Soil is a minor expense.....but critical to the success of your plant.

well im actually unemployed and im just starting a outside grow with the stuff i have laying around so well see what happens

I only completed my first grow last season, but just because it is outdoors doesn't mean it's not going to cost you money. At least a successful grow. Getting supplies, nutrients, pesticides when needed, and other necessary equipment needed along with the 4 clones I started with totaled out around $350 last season. Just my .02

Lots of people prefer not to use MG because it has slow release nutrients in the soil. If you add extra nutes with the water then you can easily overfertilize. I myself like to add my own nutes and use fox farm ocean forest soil. they are a good company and their soil is good if you don't know how to make your own.

ok really quick... i will be on day 21 tomorrow. and it says around now or in a week i should be transplanting and starting to feed fertilizer. what does "fertilizer"mean?

What do you mean day 21? 21 from when? And this is the outdoor section, so just to clarify things, you need to give a bit more info. You started outdoor already?

no i started indoor. sorry about the confusion i just typed it in google and here i am... but what do you mean by asking me " day 21". they were put in soil 21 days ago and kept in 24 for 21 days now. i have been reading that around this week or next week is when i should be transplant into bigger container and start feeding it fertilizers. what fertlizier should i be putting in. one that is high on N or high on K

HomeGrownKush said:
no i started indoor. sorry about the confusion i just typed it in google and here i am... but what do you mean by asking me " day 21". they were put in soil 21 days ago and kept in 24 for 21 days now. i have been reading that around this week or next week is when i should be transplant into bigger container and start feeding it fertilizers. what fertlizier should i be putting in. one that is high on N or high on K

You could have been on Day 21 of flowering--it was a legitimate question.

What are you reading? Plants should be transplanted when the roots outgrow the container they are in, not necessarily on a time schedule. Get some nutrients formulated for mj like Fox Farm or General Hydroponics. There are different nutrients for vegging and for flowering.

bubba902 said:
Very quick, if you dunno what fertilizer is.. Dont worry about growing but start reading instead

Not to be rude, but this is pretty much true! It's not as easy as throwing seeds in soil and giving them miracle grow every now and again, to get a good product with decent yield, you need to know what the gals need!! There's tons of info right here in this forums, start with the stickies at the top of the grow sections and read everything that you can. And of course, there's a lot of great growers in here willing to help with any questions you may have as well!!!

Good luck, my friend!

i'm sorry if I came off rude, I've personally tried growing without knowing, ended up with the worst hermed little things. Knowledge pays off my friend. Kinda like riding a bike. Once you get over obstacles and learn to peddle, the achievements afterwards you never forget.

Lol sorry im high. :)

I didn't think you came off rude, just didn't want the OP to think we were, all good in my eyes! My first experience without knowledge was pretty much the same as yours, my first "smart" grow produced 10oz of dank Kandy Kush!

Latest posts

Back