Miracle Grow Madness!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
;)

1125281_3ea8e46da2.jpg

This thread is due to the ever increasing cost of nutrients and soil. This grow is strictly miracle grow soil (with time released nutes):eek: and miracle grow nutrients. My first grows were all Miracle Grow and turned out great; AND the smoke tasted just as good as my organic grows. I have also noticed that between my Miracle Grow and Organic grows there really is no difference in quantity. I am afraid this thread will bring out criticism and disbelief, HOWEVER, it is my goal to disprove the claims that Miracle Grow soil and fertilizers are bad to use. It is my belief that the growers hand is the plants own worst enemy. As a result, I will have some great bud to smoke. ;)

6 out of 6 beans sprouted in a matter of 4 days. Tonight I have to set up a little veg area and then I will get some pics up.

hey bro,i agree with you.when it gets spring time,i will also start some seeds and grow them in mg soil.i will use the ff nutes i have.thats only because i do have them left over from my soil growing days.nothing wrong with mg,as you said its the grower.

Thanks slomo. Yes less is definitely more and I have found that if you time your transplanting right you need hardly any fertilizers during flower. I am in no way an expert at growing so I do expect some bumps in the road, the same bumps I have had with coco, foxfarm.... but I have found that growing in Miracle Grow is actually easier for me.

andy52 said:
hey bro,i agree with you.when it gets spring time,i will also start some seeds and grow them in mg soil.i will use the ff nutes i have.thats only because i do have them left over from my soil growing days.nothing wrong with mg,as you said its the grower.

Rock n' Roll ;) bro!!! Congrats on MVP you deserve it!!

i'll be watching this one hillbilly. i have'nt been growing long inside, but i have outside. thats all i use outside, miracle grow. i've done some great grows with it too. did you see old hippies outdoor grows? i'm pretty sure those were all mg. good luck bro...bb...

i dont use the soil, but the smurf water flows round here in the outdoor growing season, from the cabbage to the cannibis, the only problems i've had were from juglone from all the black walnut trees..........

with mg soil i think as long as you add a bit of lime, perlite and don't over water your fine. my biggest problem i think was ph and over watering when i used it. like i've said before the soil im usin now was mg over a year ago.

banjobuzz i think your right about old hippys grow being mg.. those were monsters he had..

All 6 AI's are sprouted and very happy. The 2 Mango have not stuck their heads up, they may take a little while because they are over a year old. Green Mojo and safe growing to everyone. Godspeed out!

hey clan, what is juglone? i have walnut trees, and have never heard of it. is it something i should worry about?

not really, it can do a real number on the maters though. Juglone is a toxin that is in the black walnut rootsand the leaves/fruit to a lesser extent. it leaches in to the soil and stunts the growth of a bunch of different plant types to prevent competition. a Perdue University website has a bunch of info.

Basically i have had to move my garden out from under the canopy. The further away from the trunk, the less is emitted. i brought in tons of top and manure also. the bed is like 50'x 50'.

i got some friends with some skunk number one and some bagweed which are almost 4 weeks in flower. they have used only miracle grow moisture control with no added nutes what so ever and used tap water with only 5 23w cfl's. yes im sure many others could grow better stuff but its their first time and the two girls like pretty dank. Different strokes for other folks. Ill be watching this one. good luck

I believe that Miracle Grow get's a bad name because people think they can fertilize every watering and expect huge results. I don't care what type of soil you use, when you create a toxic environment with excessive salt build up...Game Over. Also, many people have jumped on this "Organic" kick which is fine however it isn't perfect and certainly isn't the only way to grow. I am just tired of spending so much on Ocean Forest and the entire line of nutrients so I decided to get back to the basics where I started from. No more magic potions, money is tight.

I have a little bit of stretch on a couple seedlings due to the holidays. They sprouted on the day we left to spend a couple days with our friends and I didn't have my veg area set up yet and they had to stay in the flowering room under the hps; cart before the horse. Anyway, they are under floro's now and doing well.

IMG_1821_800x600.JPG

IMG_1822_800x600.JPG

IMG_1823_800x600.JPG

Sadly I have decided to postpone Miracle Grow Madness until summer time. I feel like more than 2 plants in my house is risking the safety of my family. If I ever got busted I would rather them find 1 or 2 plants instead of 8 - 10. I will be cloning my AI lady after reveg and kicking off Miracle Grow Madness Outdoor Style ;) I feel it would be safer. Until then, keep it green ;)

Latest posts

Back