MMJ and Gun Collecting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live out in the middle of a bunch of trees. There are reasons (really only one I can think of) to have guns besides collecting and target shooting. I dont collect and I target shoot only to be familiar with what the gun will do if I have to fire it. I hope I never have to point it, let alone, fire it.

both civil and mature discussion.. :aok: thanks!

It's a looong story irish, but I still would like to share the finally..
I was convicted/plea bargained a felony cultivation charge and got 30 days county, work release/weekends. After spending my last night in jail, they actually turned me out of the pod, handed me a rifle across the counter, and bid me a farewell. The Deputy said he had never done anything so strange before. :p
I ran down to the Daylight donut shop and picked up 2 dozen assorted and took them back to the SO. It was a little like doing time in Mayberry. They put a brick in the door so it wouldn't lock, and I was allowed to roam the halls, raid the kitchen, even go outside and smoke with no supervision.

I have 274 firearms. All but one of them, are in my fathers gun safe, at his home over 200 miles away. When I started growing, I understood the danger of having my gun collection, and my grow, in the same place. The gun I have in my possession, is a 12 ga pump shotgun, that has put a lot of meat in my freezer over the years. It is always unloaded, and the ammunition is locked in a separate location in my home. I am still pretty sure that if I were busted, it wouldn't matter to the LEO, who would charge me with gun possession while commiting a felony. But it might be enough to persuade a jury to drop the weapons charge.

HomieHogleg

If you are a legal MMJ patient in the State of Cali and are growing/ in possesion of your Dr. Recomended amount, AND your firearms are legal and registared in your name, then you are perfectly legal when confronted by any State of Cali police agency.
Of course, if for whatever reason they decide that you are not legal under mmj law, then you are in trouble, AND if any federal agency is involved in your investigation or arrest, then we all know MMJ is out the window and you are just another criminal with drugs and guns.

I know personally quite a few folks that have been confronted by State LEO and have had no issues with legal guns and legal grows.

As someone who lives in a country that is not Firearm friendly I appreciate what you wrote Irish, very well put.

Unfortunetly here in Canada owning a legally registered gun:hubba: forces me to forfit my right to unreasonable search and seizure, and thats a right i have a hard time giving up considering our little hobby.

NorCalHal said:
If you are a legal MMJ patient in the State of Cali and are growing/ in possesion of your Dr. Recomended amount, AND your firearms are legal and registared in your name, then you are perfectly legal when confronted by any State of Cali police agency.
Of course, if for whatever reason they decide that you are not legal under mmj law, then you are in trouble, AND if any federal agency is involved in your investigation or arrest, then we all know MMJ is out the window and you are just another criminal with drugs and guns.

I know personally quite a few folks that have been confronted by State LEO and have had no issues with legal guns and legal grows.

Very nice to know NCH. Thank you. I thought as much. One more reason to stay within the Doctor's Recommendation.

everything good irish. where i live is not usual ( never happened ) those random shootings. But those are crazy persons that have acess to guns. Or normal ppl that just snapped. If they didn't had access to guns perhaps those shootings didn't happen.
perhaps if i had your way of living i would had a different idea.
But this is not the interest of the topic and i'm verry sorry for the off-topic :D.

bho_expertz said:
everything good irish. where i live is not usual ( never happened ) those random shootings. But those are crazy persons that have acess to guns. Or normal ppl that just snapped. If they didn't had access to guns perhaps those shootings didn't happen.
But this is not the interest of the topic and i'm verry sorry for the off-topic :D.

what you say BHO rings true for many that live in countries that are hard on gun control, we have fewer guns and in turn there are less gun crimes, but in turn could you imagine having the right to own a gun for personal protection and then suddenly have it removed ? i would have a hard time with that, as i imagine many would, its just different strokes for different folks.

CA lifer, born and raised. Gun enthusiast and at times paranoid, BUT my thought of better to have one, and not need it. Then to need one, and not have it. MMJ legal, and not stressing. And sure as hell not giving up any more rights willingly! Dig that last pic Hick! Peep my new belt buckle my buddy sent me for my bday. Got it from a friends old man that died, and got to go through his buckle collection :)

beltbuckle.JPG

bho_expertz said:

Perhaps if her stepfather had a firearm at camp, this most horrible horrible HORRIBLE encounter may have gone differently.

hXXp://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3757493/Girl-19-is-eaten-by-bear-and-her-cubs.html

Perhaps.

In this crazy world of ours, i expect everyone to be carrying. Z-Day is approaching :p

When that day arrives i want to be friend of HomieHogleg :D ( 274 firearms OMG !!! ) We can start a war :D

bho_expertz said:
When that day arrives i want to be friend of HomieHogleg :D ( 274 firearms OMG !!! ) We can start a war :D

Yea... makes me glad I didn't 'brag' on my meager 40 ....:eek:
bho'..I like to tell folks to learn to reload. when that .."day arrives"... it would be excellent to have someone hand me a fresh loaded one, every time I empty one.... ;).

ruger .38 special (if u run outta ammo u can beat them w/it...lol)

mossberg Persuader

:hubba:

nvr got into "collecting" firearms tho...just target shooting mostly...

nuthin tells a robber to bugger off quicker then the click clack of a shotgun being racked in the night... :aok:

Great thread. It actually raises some concerns for me that I hadn't thought of.
1 being, do I need to keep ALL my guns at my home, which is also my grow site. I don't have as many guns as some of you but I do have a few dozen and like to shoot pretty much all of them somewhat regularly. So, I like having them around. All but 1 are locked up all the time, except when I go shooting.
And 2, some of my guns were gifts and aren't registered to me. I am 'legal' to grow under OR state law, but unregistered guns in a grow house to the feds could get very ugly.
I also am an avid reloader, and wonder if they couldn't throw that in the mix somehow. I have alot of ammo. Could they tie that into a case? Maybe make it sound like you were ready for some crazy stand-off or something...
Having no guns around isn't an option for me, but maybe moving some of them might be a good idea.

bho_expertz said:

I used to be a gunsmith, and owned a gun shop.
When they passed the Brady Bill, I closed up shop, and kept the inventory.
When I started growing, I moved them all into my fathers gun safe, away from my property, not even near here. If I am busted, I would rather just have my hunting shotgun, than enough of a collection that the LEO jizzes themselves.:)

HomieHogleg

:rofl: true that

HomieHogleg said:
I used to be a gunsmith, and owned a gun shop.
When they passed the Brady Bill, I closed up shop, and kept the inventory.
When I started growing, I moved them all into my fathers gun safe, away from my property, not even near here. If I am busted, I would rather just have my hunting shotgun, than enough of a collection that the LEO jizzes themselves.:)

HomieHogleg

Irish said:
@DMB, if you are ever raided for a mj grow op by ANY leo, you're charges will multiply even if you're weapons are in a gun safe, locked up, with trigger guards in place! no way around that. it's a catch 22 to remove you're right to own a gun ever again. you will be numbered on a fed watch list ensuring you will never again purchase a handgun. BUT, (always a but :rolleyes: ), you can purchase a compound bow, recurve bow, crossbow, black powder rifle, bb gun, rifle, and shotgun anywhere thier sold legally! handguns are off limits.

what is a handgun anyway? to me, it is merely a backup weapon, thats easily concealable, that should only be used until you can get to you're real weapons! ;)
Good info Irish, thank you. I couldn't deal very well with my rights being stripped so will need to make some changes.
And I love your quote about the handgun... as a young buck I used to think of my Smith .357 as all I needed as home protection. Now a days I wouldn't trust anything but my shotgun. As somebody said earlier in this thread, the sound of a 12-gauge being racked to fire alone is enough to scare 99% of intruders. It's the other 1% you gotta keep them turkey loads ready for :D

Oh the irony of it all. Cannabis is a no no but how many people get killed by people who are drunk and legally own a firearm?

Although I'm a Brit, was taught first with an airgun ( Original model 50 with Parker Hale scope) from age 8 and once I got to my teens joined a .22 rifle club (which had single shot Martini action rifles) and then did full bore, Lee Enfield .303 and Belgian FN 7.62's down at Bisley, shooting at up to 600 yards with iron sights.

I was also in the army cadets so fired a Bren .303 auto a few times and which was great fun and then.............I dropped acid for the first time and my whole view of firearms changed.

I'm not at all against firearms but believe they should be held in gun clubs when it comes to pistols but America is totally over the top when it comes to gun culture and if I lived there probably would spend my money on good home security rather than keep a gun in the house.

But I can't even visit America ever again as I have more than one cultivation conviction so am deemed persona non grata because of a bloody plant!

So I guess I'll never have the chance to shoot a wolf from a helicopter? :p

Latest posts

Back