Moderation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isoman234

Reaction score
Well I don't know if anyone will really be able to give me some advice on this here but I figured it would be worth a shot. So I want to have a grow going during the school year but my problem with that is I tend to just smoke it when I get it and if I grow a couple ounces then I'm worried I will loose focus on college and I just don't want that. So other than just not doing it does anyone have any advice on ways to help control yourself or something like that?

Well I like smoking daily but really I can't because I can't study when I'm smoking and so what I'm asking is if anyone can give me some advice or some tricks you use when you need to cut back on the amount you smoke other than just sheer will power because I'm not 100% sure I can so I was hoping to find some advice if there is any to offer haha. obviously if I can't think of some way to only smoke like a couple times a week then I just will wait because my education is more important but I really do like growing and smoking and wish I could be a good student and grow/smoke at the same time.

Focus on college and women. Grow after you get your degree and own a home. Also focus on women after college. GL

It's just so difficult to be patient haha especially when I want to do it now

Well I have just gotten some seed ordered how long can those keep for I don't want to have wasted the $100

Years bro. By then there will be legions more of diff strains that make you druel. Get good grades and work hard. Promise you living a life of nice things, beautiful women, and fiery dank you grew yourself is where its at. But it starts in school. Trust me.

I'm currently working on my masters in English, all online courses this semester, yay! no boring prof lecture. I always smoke before I do my work, makes me more creative, and I currently have a 3.83 GPA.

I NEVER smoke when I'm going to take a test, but I ALWAYS smoke after. LOL

All things are about self-control. If you can't set the joint down to do your school work, which is more important, then don't grow. If you can practice the control necessary to smoke and still do well, then go for it.

Man listen to the ppl here they are talking since. You finish college and will be able to get a great job that you don't have to kill yourself phycially doing or have to worry able piss tests al the time. Then you can grow and smoke all you want.

A trick I use when I grow is to portion out my stash. Let's say I have two ounces and I just started flowering some plants that will take 8 weeks to bud. I want to make sure that 2 ounces lasts until I harvest my new crop (8 weeks).
-This means I can smoke up to a quarter ounce a week. I will take my tuperware I keep my daily smoke in, portion out a quarter ounce, and then make sure it lasts a week. Next week I do the same thing. This way I don't blow through the two ounces with 4 weeks left before my next harvest.

EDIT: Do NOT go ahead and break up your entire stash into smaller bags. If you were to get busted they could charge you with "intent to distribute".

haha...just had a conversation like this with my girlfriend last night. she's worried about me going to south beach becuase my dj friends "do drugs".

i tried to explain that for their industry it's par for the course, and as mentioned above, there are MANY functioning "users" out there. i smoke breakfast/lunch/dinner every day and run circles around alot of my friends that smoke as much. different strokes, different folks. you have to be honest with yourself about how functional you are when you're smoking God's gift to man.

when i was in high school, and my mother discovered i was smoking she said she would do ANYTHING for me to quit. so i told her to give up caffine, the number one most consumed 'drug'. she lasted 3 days, and then gave me a fresh pack of cigs. (which i've since quit, but mom's still drinking cold coffee after-noon)

lots of good advice here...good luck. oh, and BTW...you CAN store those seeds a while. keep them in a cool dry dark place aka film canister in the fridge, or basement shoebox, garage golf bag etc...

isoman234 said:
Well I don't know if anyone will really be able to give me some advice on this here but I figured it would be worth a shot. So I want to have a grow going during the school year but my problem with that is I tend to just smoke it when I get it and if I grow a couple ounces then I'm worried I will loose focus on college and I just don't want that. So other than just not doing it does anyone have any advice on ways to help control yourself or something like that?

I think everyone here has given you good advise.

In the job I'm in at the moment its taken me 5 years to work my way up to a place where someone who has gone to college can start at. Fact is if i could do it again i would get my schooling done and then once i know i have that to lean on i would smoke all day long.
I abused the plant when i was younger and other drugs and ruined my schooling. You can still smoke, just make sure you eat a big meal before you study, and never smoke on the day before an exam, it enhances you creative skill (medically proven) but lowers concentration. If you need to be creative then smoke away, if you have to give detailed answers based on fact and proof then just take it easy on school days. JMO

With me its always been that learning while high is hard, doing something you already know while high is just practice as long as you already have the knowledge.

Smoke your brains out friday and saturday night, crack the books during the week, small decisions you make now will affect you for the rest of your life,
a good education and a decent job can play a huge roll in the quality of your life in the future.

Lotsa good advice on here man. Thought I would change it up a bit and recommend finding another good hobby to invest my time into. I know for me, when I don't feel like crackin open the books at the moment, but am still a bit bored, I pick up my mandolin to stay away from the herb. Helps me alot as my brain goes into a complete haze when I smoke and I can't do anything school related for the next day. Weed is for my weekends, and throughout the week, choosing to work at bettering myself keeps me sober, then i feel like i earned it when I spark up Friday night...

Latest posts

Back