Molasses sub

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mistaken

mistaken
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, can you sub brown sugar for molasses? I know that brown sugar contains molasses, but will the fact that it's further refined cause my buds to be starchy, and harsh?

You're only asking,.. no "begging" for bug/vermin infestation with any sugar product.. especially outdoors..

Sugar will not benefit your plant in any way. You might as well water it with grape soda.

Molasses is used by many growers as a soil amendment to stimulate microbacterial growth in the dirt, thereby benefitting your plants. It does nothing to affect the taste or burn of your finished product.

Good question though.

Thank you guys! that's what I thought. One of my friends told me about it. But i'm glad I came here and asked. Thanks guys. Off to get some molasses

Make SURE its unsulphered ;) Briar rabbit is pretty good ;)

yeah I found a local organic mollasis. I like it..take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

Hick has a great point. Every lil bug, squirrel, packrat or other critter will love to suck on the stalk or other parts. Some will dig up the soil. I try to remind myself these are weeds, and will grow with little help. If we give them a few items for a leg up, then the plant will grow awesome. Sometimes, less is good !

I second what Hick and Mountain Man said. Forget molasses outdoors. Bears, raccoons, skunks and other critters love sweets just as much as people do. I am all for organic growing, just not outdoors, at least not in this area. Growers have lost all their plants by using fish ferts or blood and bone meal. Bears will dig halfway to China looking for that fish.

Latest posts

Back