mold spores

Trojan46312

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2009
Messages
145
Reaction score
1
Can mold spores get on your plants and make them and the person smoking them sick? My plants look healthy but I know mold spores are pretty much invisible to the naked eye. Any suggestions and/or comments? I don't want to be sick from smoking mold spores :)
 
S

StoneyBud

Guest
There are a lot of things to consider in what you've asked.

The type of mold.

The amount of spores ingested.

The overall health of the person who has ingested them.

The strength of their immune system.

But yes, if the mold is of a type that can harm people if ingested, it can harm you if your body isn't able to fight it off.

When smoked, the mold may not even survive the heat or if so, it may not survive it in numbers that would do more than make you feel down a little.

Or, if its a type of mold that is deadly, one spore may spawn enough others to kill you.

There is no simple answer to what you've asked.

The best bet is to prevent mold from being in your weed. Then you don't have to worry about it.
 

Trojan46312

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2009
Messages
145
Reaction score
1
Ok thanks. I don't want to throw this crop away because it's my best one yet but better safe than sorry.

If I bleach my walls for cleaning the mold, will the bleach fumes harm the plants which are in their 3rd week of flowering?
 
S

StoneyBud

Guest
Trojan46312 said:
Ok thanks. I don't want to throw this crop away because it's my best one yet but better safe than sorry.

If I bleach my walls for cleaning the mold, will the bleach fumes harm the plants which are in their 3rd week of flowering?
No need to toss a crop for mold anyway. As a last resort, you could make ISO oil from it and no mold will survive that conversion.

You can dilute the bleach to one tablespoon of bleach per/gallon of water and wipe the walls down with a wet cloth. That will kill anything on the walls.

As long as no other chemicals are mixed with the bleach to create gases that could be deadly to you, it should be safe for your weed as long as you don't get it directly on the weed.

Pure bleach is dangerous stuff. I wouldn't suggest you ever use it for anything.
 

Trojan46312

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2009
Messages
145
Reaction score
1
Ok thanks. I know what you mean about mixing bleach with other chemicals...I saw on a television show how a guy did something similar and fell dead minutes later. Poor dude...Thanks again!!!
 

Latest posts

Top