Monster Grow...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Final report on my Monster 5.5 grams dry. Smokes alittle harsh might take longer to flush in such a small container. But still stoney smoke.

ray jay, Glad to hear that she was some good stoney smoke for you :)

Thought I better do an update on my lil monster girl. Well, it was feeding time for her again but apparently this time instead of using nutes I used nukes cause the fallout was evident within 48 hours :( I took her up to the RO faucet and let it slow drip flush her for an hour or so as soon as I saw the damage starting. It is now a couple days later and she has begun to drink again and is recovering, although permanently scarred from the episode, sigh.

A learning project this is, and learning I am, hehe :)

1-27monster.JPG

Wow, Warfish--that fast the nute burn happened?
She's gonna be fine, though. Still looking nice and sexy!

Rude, your plant is nothing less than magnificent!
Now, I gotta tell you that I'm dying to see one of the micro grows win BPOM. If you get a chance, hop over to Umbra's thread on photography. I think there are a couple of tips in that thread that will help your photos soar to new heights. For example, you are using direct flash and it's washing out the buds, with too much light on the center. If you re-direct your flash, you'll get a much better picture with less wash-out from the flash. Also, the buds are not really as clear as they should be--they are just a bit fuzzy, which tells me you likely need to use a tripod, or if you ARE already using a tripod, you may need to do a delay of a few seconds and back away from it so the camera will be absolutely still. Finally, you know how in real estate it's all about "Location, Location, Location?" You could really use a better background. Way too busy. On Umbra's thread you'll see lots of ideas for using cloth backgrounds to really bring out the plant. I tell you, I learned TONS from that thread, even though I still can't do a darned thing with my camera. My pictures, so far, are not even worth critiquing!!!! Good luck and I hope you won't take my suggestions here on photographing your plants as a criticism. I think you did amazing things with your plant, and the picture is still good, just not as fantastic as it could be with just a bit of adjustments.
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!! I think you're doing a terrific job on growing and doing much better than me on photography!!!!

mojavemama, She drinks a full can of water each day so the reaction time of errors feels much more like doing hydro than soil, you see the mistake fast :( She stopped drinking for a few days after the burn but now is back to a can a day, yay! :D

BEAUTIFUL, Rude!!!!! Big Cheer!!! Can't wait for a smoke report. You did really good on this grow. You're an inspiration.

Here's my latest Monster--with a Wizard growing in it. 4U2sm0ke, you may be gone but not forgotton.

Monster020310.jpg

RUDEBWOY, I'm looking forward to a smoke report on your beautiful monster girl :) She finished up very nicely!

MM, The Wizard is looking very healthy :) I'm still crossing my fingers for it to show girl for you :D

My monster girl looks to be recovering well from her nuking :eek: She is back to growing well and drinking alot :)

2-04monster.JPG

Ok every1 here is my conclusion on the Monster Grow...Total dried = 8.7gr and the SmOoOoOoOoooooke report OMG I LOVE IT ... Some of the BEST i've had in sometime very sweet and tasty .... This is deffinetly one of the best comps i've ever done ...Think i may even start another Monster can ...LOL ..

EZ&SAFE

Rude, Unbelievable! I'm so impressed!!!!! 4U would be so proud of you.

Monkey, that was a MOST impressive harvest! So how did she smoke????

MM, how is your Wizard doing? She was looking very nice on the last update of her :)

My poor can girl is looking a bit worn, hehe :) She never really fully recovered from the over feeding. Lost alot of fan leaves which I am sure decreased her yield potential by a ways. She is forming up a decent cola though even with all her problems :) And the crystals are showing pretty good on the buds now. I figure about 3 more weeks and she will be done, if she lasts that long :D

2-17monster.JPG

War, she's doing okay---not quite ready to put her into flower, but soon. I had the same problem with over feeding. I am no longer feeding regular nutes at all to anything. I use a micro-nutrient tonic, and that's it. They love it and thrive. Each time I try to give nutes---1/4 strength--I get burned tips and spots. I give up! No more feeling guilty because I only use this tonic stuff. It works, so I'm not gonna fire someone who's doing a good job for me. Even if people tell me I'm nuts, that I MUST feed. Here's my Wizard in the Monster can. I topped her, so she's not looking like she's growing much, but I wanted to get a bit more branching on top.

Your is looking GREAT!!!! I can't wait to see if I can get some bud on this one. This is now my THIRD Monster. Think three's the charm?

MonsterWiz021710.jpg

MM, your can grow is looking great :) Any idea on the sex of it yet? :watchplant: (crosses fingers for a girl)

Well, my can grow finally gave out on me, hehe. I think I got so shy of feeding her after the big burn that I let her starve to death at the end.
I ended up with about 9 grams dry weight of some super seriously good smoke :)

So far it is my favorite tasting and favorite buzz to come out of my grow room. She was a LA Conf x Skunk. Trimming her was not soo pleasant as the smell was almost overwhelming, very pungent with some skunk smell undertones, almost eye watering. I was pleasantly surprised by the taste of her though, it was a nice musky earthy flavor that left you wanting to taste more of it and the buzz left you sitting nice and relaxed with a big grin on your face, all set and ready for a night of sit-coms, lol. Could be a good daytime smoke as well if you use a bit less.

I'm super glad that I have one of the same plant in a 5 gallon that I get to harvest in a few days, weeee! Hoping for a couple oz from her.

Here is a pic of her before the chop and then some of the buds after trimming :D

monster2-26.JPG

monstertrimmed.JPG

CONGRATS, War!!!! You did great! Got some really nice bud off that sweet little girl, didn't you? Delighted to hear she's also such a great smoke.

My Wizard Monster is coming along, and I'm not positive about the sex, but she's a week into flower now and showing no signs of being a male, nor did I see anything male in the preflower time. As you can see from the picture, I had a bit of nute burn as well.

The only other LARGE Wizard that made it turned out to be VERY male, so he got axed last week. I do have 2 more Wizards in seedling stage now, though, along with a couple Aurora Indicas and a couple Hawaiians.

Here's the Monster today:

Monster30310.jpg

Latest posts

Back