Movie Critiques - Ask about one or tell us about your favorite!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
StoneyBud said:
Retroactive

---

1997R 91 minutes

Louis Morneau's inventive sci-fi thriller stars Kylie Travis as Karen, a psychiatrist who witnesses a deranged psychopath (James Belushi) commit a brutal murder.

But all may not be lost when she stumbles upon a time machine that could allow her to save the victim.
Never seen this one I'll look for it!!

StoneyBud said:
Thanks Nova! I have looked at that one several times and each time thought that it looked like a "Grade B" movie and decided not to see it until I heard a review from a real person.

You've just made that decision clear for me!

I love sci-fi. Books and movies if the plot is unique and the acting or dialogue in the book are well done.

Thanks for the warning about this one!

Bad story, Bad acting, Bad special effects, Its all bad!!

nova564t said:
Never seen this one I'll look for it!!

I use "NetFlix" and it's on the "Instant Watch" tab.

About 3 years ago, I bought an adapter that lets me watch anything on my PC, on my TV. They have lots of services now that allow you to do that, but then there were none. It still works great and I don't need any other service to use it. Anything that will play on my PC will work. I have my sound system wired through the TV also, so I can also use my sound system for anything that will play on my PC, tunes included!

I watch at least one movie a day. Sometimes, if I want to make a holiday of it, I'll watch 4 or 5 movies in one day!

Well done Sci-Fi is my favorite!

Have you watch sunshine stoney? Came out in 2007.

I'm really into my sci-fi films but I'm also one of the worst film critic ever so its hard to find decent ones to watch.

Got any favourites?

Jericho said:
Have you watch sunshine stoney? Came out in 2007.

I'm really into my sci-fi films but I'm also one of the worst film critic ever so its hard to find decent ones to watch.

Got any favourites?

It cost 40 million US to make and only grossed 32 million. That tells me it didn't fare to well with the audiences of the world.

I'll try it and see what I think. Thanks for the suggestion!

As far as favorites...hehe, I own somewhere around 500 movies, and each of them was one I like enough to buy.

The best of the best...

The entire "Alien" series. (I own the collectors edition)

Contact, (Jodie Foster)

Starman, (Jeff Bridges)

Enemy of the State (Will Smith, Gene Hackman)

The Abyss

City of Angels (Nicolas Cage and Meg Ryan)

Armageddon (Bruce Willis)

Warlock (The first of three...The other two are very, very bad)

There ya go! That's just a few of many.

orangesunshine said:
one of my fav movies is The Sandlot---bunch of innocent kids in LA playing baseball all day every day in a summer---good clean fun---childhood memories on the big screen
That dog in that movie gave me nightmares as a kid lol.

I got a movie that everyone should watch lol its a pretty decent 9 out of 10
Black Swan
lol ya you may say its a chick flick and looks lame, thats what i thought when i walked in on my friend when she was watching this. at first i was like"not another chick flick...) but it gets really trippy (should watch it really baked), its made by the guy who did Requim from a dream.
defenatly the only ballet movie i would ever think about watching. If you have a girlfriend or wife and its her turn to pick a movie, then this is the one for you hands down. I dont want to spoil it but you will pop some extreme wood lol. great movie to get a couple in the mood id say....

If you want to download free movies just dowload Bit Torrent and VLC Player(it plays all formates of movies) and just dowload torrents off of hxxp://torrentz.eu/

Dr.Autoflower said:
That dog in that movie gave me nightmares as a kid lol.

I got a movie that everyone should watch lol its a pretty decent 9 out of 10
Black Swan
lol ya you may say its a chick flick and looks lame, thats what i thought when i walked in on my friend when she was watching this. at first i was like"not another chick flick...) but it gets really trippy (should watch it really baked), its made by the guy who did Requim from a dream.
defenatly the only ballet movie i would ever think about watching. If you have a girlfriend or wife and its her turn to pick a movie, then this is the one for you hands down. I dont want to spoil it but you will pop some extreme wood lol. great movie to get a couple in the mood id say....

If you want to download free movies just dowload Bit Torrent and VLC Player(it plays all formates of movies) and just dowload torrents off of hxxp://torrentz.eu/

Trippy film indeed. Dl it the other night. Good movie though.

I also watched Season of the witch

Good film, sort of a cross between exorcist and a knights film. Good watch though. would give it a 7.5/10.

StoneyBud said:
Even if you only watch movies in your home, let us know about the really good ones and the stinkers. I've watched a couple lately that were really bad and several that were better than I expected them to be.

Here's one that was better than I expected:

Moon

2009R 97 minutes
As he nears the end of a lonely three-year stint on the moon base Sarang, astronaut Sam Bell (Sam Rockwell) begins to hear and see strange things. It's not long before Sam suspects that his employer -- the conglomerate LUNAR -- has other plans for him.

-----
Watch this one while you're really good and toasted. It ends way differently then you will expect.

On a 1-to-10 scale, I'd give it a 7.5

It's available as an "Instant Watch" on Netflix.
I saw this one the other night, What a trip, you wake up and you see another you standing there.

Rudy (1993)
114 min - Biography | Drama | Sport - 13 October 1993 (USA)

Rudy has always been told that he was too small to play college football. But he is determined to overcome the odds and fulfill his dream of playing for Notre Dame.

Director: David Anspaugh
Writer: Angelo Pizzo
Stars:Sean Astin, Jon Favreau and Ned Beatty

I just watched this one again tonight, very good TRUE story.

If you are looking for a good movie to spark one to, i suggest Stanley Kubrik's 2001: A Space Odyssey. It's old and has very very little dialogue, but it blew my mind.

Also, I suggest Stripes, with Bill Murray. He and a friend join the army and lots of dry smart-aleck humor ensues.

Hey guys im new to the forum just seen this page i watch my movies for free, when you see a movie you want to watch click on it the scroll down to pick a version, pick 1 with a gold star a page will come up and you will be offered a choice of a pro account, to left of that there is a free account wait till it counts down and then click when it says continue as a free user, i watch all my movies this way some of you might already have it others may not hope it helps somone:) watchthisletme.com

I too have just seen this thread here`s a film for you hXXp://10starmovies.com/Watch-Movies-Online/New_Kids_Turbo_2010/

there are a lot of versions up but scan through them 3 or 4 of them have English subs.

Definitely not one for the children though and though the quality of the film is not the best it is funny sh#t

Scotts you need to kill that live link replace tt with xx.

The girl with a dragon tattoo and its sequels was excellent.
hXXp://www.imdb.com/title/tt1132620/
It's swedish but they of course have subtitled and dubbed versions. I don't mind dubbed. If I want to read I read...when i watch a movie i wanna watch a movie LOL
the books were great too ;)

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes (1978)

A group of scientists band together to save the world from mutated tomatoes that KILL!

Motel Hell (1980)

Farmer Vincent kidnaps unsuspecting travellers and is burying them in his garden. Unfortunately for his victims, they are not dead. He feeds his victims to prepare them for his roadside stand. His motto is: It takes all kinds of critters...to make Farmer Vincents fritters.

For an exploitation film "the great american snuff film"
was pretty creepy. had horrible reviews, but is worth the watch just for it's $3k budget is was made on.
Another gross exploitation is "grimm love" with the group of fangoria's fright fest OMG!!!! on the gross scale 1 scene will make you actually close your eyes and the sound will make you want to toss your lunch. :eek:
A research student descends into depravity in order to understand the mind of a cannibal killer.
the key is the cannibal is NOT a murderer. one twisted flippin movie. you won't feel "right" for two days after watching.

2007 R 110 minutes

The sun is dying and Earth's days are numbered in this sci-fi thriller helmed by Oscar winner Danny Boyle (Slumdog Millionaire).

With permanent darkness looming, scientists devise a plan to reignite the sun before the lights go out forever. To do so, a crew of astronauts is sent hurtling through space on an intense mission to determine the fate of the planet.

Cillian Murphy and Michelle Yeoh co-star.

------

A very cool story-line and the acting wasn't great, but wasn't real bad either. A little slow in parts, but watch this one while you're high and you'll get into the movie and the graphics a lot.

The plot takes a few turns that are radical and if you're looking for a "Everyone gets cake and ice-cream" ending, you aren't going to get it from this flick.

On a 1 to 10 rating, I give it 10 for story-line, 6 for acting and 8 over-all.

Rosebud said:
Brokeback Mountain....:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :D :rolleyes:

I've heard that movie is really into its subject "In Depth". :eek:

Yer killin me Rosebud... and yer crackin me up. :p

Here: :48:

You aren't gonna stalk me with gay shitz now are you? :doh: :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back