moving my grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loolagigi

UP UP AND AWAY!
Reaction score
well, we have been evicted. i guess thats what happens when you trust someone else to pay the bills. then again, its hard to pay them when you dont have enough money. such is life....well we found a new place about 40 minutes away. i have 2, 5 gallon dwc buckets. my plants are large. whats the best way to move them withought getting busted or stressing them too much? 30 days in flower, cant give up now.

rent a uhaul trailer, sounds like you need it anyway. Get a portable battery operated light and leave it on in the trailer and move them during their day cycle.

:holysheep: if they fit in a trash can thats what i would do... if not.. move em at night... if you can bend a lil ben a lil lol.. easier said then done.... then throw over xtra large black garbage bags over.. or build a cardbboard box for em..... good luck man...
i would do it during the night....
LH

i like the garbage can method, just worried about lack of oxygen, will they be ok for 40-50 minutes in a trash can?

Been thinkin on this one just in case. First your money people you trusted suk! Now either find a box or the best is to go to u-haul or a ups store and get the good boxes, the real thick kind. At these places you can get boxes to fit your plant size. Your gonna need a van or a u-haul type truck, or maybe a truck with a camper. vent holes fer air at the bottom, less light that way. The best move is to do it during their dark period or at night when no one's awake. Another possible idea is to hide them in plain sight. move each one in the middle of your seat surrounded by other plants, clothes etc. Just build walls of whatever around it. I have a grander idea to move plants from coast to texas or coast that involves huge flashlight batteries. But fer a 40 min move i think stealth is your main concern. Gl and keep us posted.

Whenever the landlord would come over...we would rent a uhaul and just put them in there for the day...no light...and they were fine.

make sure when you move though...you strap them to something so they dont fall over

will do, i have a pick up truck with no camper.....the truck we will be using to move is a company truck my roomate works for. its a small semi sort of. im just worried about fresh air. obviously money is a issue so the cheapest method would be best.
this fking sucks. after i get everything right, i have to move in the middle of flowering. grrrrrrrrrrr by the way, my girlfriend told me we were behind, and thought we could get out of the rut, but it just got worse and she kept if from me from fear of what i might say. honesty works best imo. lesson learned for me and her. heres pics from 2 days ago. i have 2 plants like this

sako 048.jpg

sako 043.jpg

sako 051.jpg

oops my aplologies from the bottom of my heart! I did not mean to speak ill will of the lady. Please accept my apologies.

the chef said:
oops my aplologies from the bottom of my heart! I did not mean to speak ill will of the lady. Please accept my apologies.
dont worry about it, you didnt know

loolagigi said:
i like the garbage can method, just worried about lack of oxygen, will they be ok for 40-50 minutes in a trash can?

Yes, they will be fine for that amount of time. If you are worried, drill a few small holes near the top where the lid fits. Do everything possible to make this look like a normal thing--you are taking trash to the dump or something. Do NOT do this in the dead of night. I would recommend a trash can instead of boxes because you could well spill some liquid out of your buckets, which will still need at least a gallon of water in them.

My ex and I transported plants this way and it worked out great and seemed to be very little stress on the plants.

HI Loola...

So sorry to hear the bad news...
icon9.gif
I hope things work out for the best that they can, bro... For a quick move like that, an hour or two isn't going to hurt anything. The biggest concern is avoiding a new orange jumpsuit and crocs, courtesy of the county and I wouldn't sweat sticking it in a box for an hour or two. I had to move some once that were pretty good sized... We used "wardrobe" boxes from U-Haul. They are really heavy duty and after you move your plants you can use them for your hanging clothes cuz they come with a hanging bar for the box... I'm using a U-Haul 'Small Wardrobe Box' for a cloning box now and my 2', 4 bulb T5 fits perfectly and hangs from the convenient hanging bar and I cut a 4" exhaust hole and put in a duct booster fan and some passive intake holes.

Sorry I digress... I woke and boke... uh.... wakep up and and baked up... uh.... did a wake -n- bake and I'm getting all sidetracked...

Peace!:cool:

The Hemp Goddess said:
Yes, they will be fine for that amount of time. If you are worried, drill a few small holes near the top where the lid fits. Do everything possible to make this look like a normal thing--you are taking trash to the dump or something. Do NOT do this in the dead of night. I would recommend a trash can instead of boxes because you could well spill some liquid out of your buckets, which will still need at least a gallon of water in them.

My ex and I transported plants this way and it worked out great and seemed to be very little stress on the plants.

:yeahthat: GREAT stuff THG... I forgot they're DWC buckets... my plants were in soil when we did the move... And I think doing it in broad daylight is safer. You're just one of the worker bees in a bustling hive instead of a lone bee buzzing in the night!:p

:cool:

OH! Your plants are looking great Loola! :aok: I think they're looking forward to getting out of the house for a nice ride... :watchplant:

thanks dirty and thg. needed some reassurance. thanks for being a friend. im ganna go for the garbage can method. ill but two cheapies, and use then after for garbage at the new house. what a ride.....such is life.

well we found a place. i am not going to move them there until i am sleeping there, just in case the previouse tennant shows to grab some of there old stuff.
the story is, i have to replace the front door because the cops were there to get the previouse tennants boyfriend and knocked the door in. i will be reimbursed natrually, but, i need to change the locks too. boy this is weird.
the agreement is....the place needs paint and pressure cleaning, i said i would do it for money off the rent. they baught my bid, but the owner wants the real estate lady to check off work done as needed. im sure she will only come there via appointment made by me. she seems really cool. to be honest i can tell when people burn, and just talking to her. she sounds like a fellow, mellow, smoker. time will tell. just hope the babies take the change ok, if i can get them there jail free, lol.

the chef said:
Chef mojo to your move!
i have to give away my pitbull tyson. the owner does not want a young pit. i have a 10 year old pit, and a chiwuwa comming with us. dirtyolsouth knows who tyson is. what a tear jerker.

That Sucks! I used to have a pit bull terrier kennel, when I was married (jeep/Redboy dogs) I sold them all when I got divorced, because I knew I would never be able to rent with them. They are so victimised, and misundestood! Sorry for your loss, I love my dogs more than humans!

Latest posts

Back