my buds seem small 1st grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thank you all i am going to try put sum pics up later to see if any one can tell me how long i am looking at till harvest i have noticed the buds grow since my first post quite abit hopefully it wnt be long till my work pays of and i can get stoned woohoo

Keep in mind if you're only 5 weeks in, you could be looking at another 5 weeks before those babies ripen correctly. That said, you're maybe halfway to harvest--could be even more, depending on your genetics.

You are definitely feeding and watering waaaay too often. Wait until the fan leaves droop and look pretty sad before you water. Be brave. Pot likes this dry time--it's an arid climate plant and the roots need to breath between feedings.

Also, I wouldn't starve it off N completely yet. You'll loose enough green on your fan leaves as is when the time is ripe without under-nourishing them now.

Luck.

were you just swimming in cold water? My budds seem small then too!
Its normal I think?

Cheers!!!

i am 6 weeks in 2moz an i have cut back on the feeding to every other watering so it gets feed every 6 days now i have also added 1/4 strength of wot i was vegging on so the plant get it N still would you say this is ok

Pencilhead took the words right out of my mouth.

You said you are growing an indica strain and then you said you were growing Haze. The haze is a Sativa and will take much more than eight weeks to bud. Most seedbanks arent very accurate with there flower time estimations. If they say it flowers in 7 weeks you should plan on 8 or 9. And if its possible drop your light a little bit closer to the top of the canopy.

o right the packet makes me look as daft as i am this is wot the packet says
Gaian Haze
Type Indoor/Outdoor
Flowering 7 weeks
Yield 325-350g/m2
Gaian HazeHybrid of Original Haze and some of the best indicas from around the world. Generally tall, upright phenotype. Citrus like smell. This is a global, holistic haze not just a mere giant haze. Let mother nature show you the way; a true collective temple of haze. High in energy, low in coherence and the uplift of a wonder bra. Lock up your sons! so it a hybrid i didnt read that either so im looking at 8-9weeks thanks

and i have been lowering my light an inch each night would 1 1/2 feet be close enough?

fruity86 said:
and i have been lowering my light an inch each night would 1 1/2 feet be close enough?

I'm running air-cooled 600's and I put my lights down to about 6" from the top cola.

6 weeks today

phpKDqkydPM.jpg

ddd.jpg

dose she look ok to you guys and how close can i get my light to her its 600w not air cooled or cooled in any way i just have a fan blowing on it also when you start to see the pistils turn how long will it take for most of them to turn

fruity, it looks just fine. some strains have more bud developement than others. ive seen worse. and if they were mine, i would be proud. you have more time, just be patient, and check trichomes to determine chop time.

thankyou 4 the reply this is my first grow and am not quite sure wot to expect alot of good info and advice on here it has help alot how long do you think i have left till harvest sorry about the poor pics

You need to determine your chop time on how the trichs develope and not by the pistils. The pistils will turn from white to orange near the end but you really need to see the trichs to be accurate. I bought a mini little magnifying glass for like ten dollars at Radio Shack and it is perfect for checking trichs.

can you take cutting from a plant that has been in flower for 3 weeks its just i have a plant that i do not have a clue wot she is and wanted to make a mother from her just in case she is sum sick bud or is it to late? any advice would be greatfull

fruity86 said:
can you take cutting from a plant that has been in flower for 3 weeks its just i have a plant that i do not have a clue wot she is and wanted to make a mother from her just in case she is sum sick bud or is it to late? any advice would be greatfull

Yo Fruity!

Your plants are looking nice. As the others mentioned you need to get a hand held 20x - 30x microscope so you can inspect the color of your trichomes (resin glands) for determining the proper time to harvest. They look like they are just starting to fill out so at least a few weeks to a month are left more than likely. It really is worth the wait. Many strains put on most of their trichs late in flowering and all strains bulk up and gain most of their weight in the ripening stage. When trichomes form they are clear and as they ripen they slowly turn cloudy and eventually turn amber late in flowering. Many growers prefer to harvest their plants when they have 30-60% amber colored trichs, depending on personal preference, for the potent buzz that it gives their buds.

Yes you can take a clone and the sooner the better. Since the plant is deep into flower it will take the clone several weeks to a month or so to revert to vegetative growth after it's put back under 16-24 hours of light per day. The flower matter on the clone will eventually dry up and stretch with the clone when it begins to grow vertically after rooting.

Even though it takes some patience it can be well worth the wait if your pheno turns out to be special and you'd like to keep it's genetics going in your garden for future grows. I always take clones as I put my plants into flowering to avoid the delay that re-vegging takes but every once in a while a strain gets away from me and I don't realize it until the plant is a few weeks into flowering and have to do what you're going to... All it takes is time....:rolleyes:

Happy Growing!:cool:

hi agen every one i forgot probly the most inportant ? to ask is the bud of a hemi small then a female i had to pick pollen sack of her/he it wot ever for about 2 weeks after it had sexed so i gess it was a hemi but ive not seen any sacks for a month now will the fact it was a hemi reduce the over all bud size?

Latest posts

Back