My Closet Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bigweedo said:
yea ebay does have those prices! can anyone think of somewhere to go that's cheap?

you wanna go to a store and buy them instead of the internet.. maybe lowes or home depot.. or search on the internet for "hydroponics store" nearest you.. and just go there,, but there a bit more expensive.. (not lowes or home depot) just referring to the grow stores (garden stores)

:D

So I went to Homedepot and bought a 400 watt bulb for 24 bucks! It is a phillips. So when should I switch my plants to 12/12? They are roughly a 12 inches a piece. :tokie:

sweet not to bad almost bout the same as what i got.. kewl

make sure u clean the oil and or finger prints OFF the bulb, you NEVER want to touch the bulb use a clean rag to put the bulb in, and after u screw it in wipe it again..

otherwise ull have ur bulb blow up and then ur screwed.. lol

and it depends when to go 12/12 on how much room u have

if the ceiling is 8ft id wait til they got bout 2ft

cuz they almost double in size during flowering, so if you start flowering at 2ft u might get a finish result of 4ft .. hope that helps

good luck :D

bigweedo said:
So I went to Homedepot and bought a 400 watt bulb for 24 bucks! It is a phillips. So when should I switch my plants to 12/12? They are roughly a 12 inches a piece. :tokie:
..make certain that the "bulb and the ballast match"...MH/MH or HPS/HPS.
Flowering prior to 'sexual maturity', (preflowers or alternating nodes) will reduce the yield and potency.

So Here is a little update for you guys. These plants are 7 weeks old today (somewhere around there.) They are starting to get some nice alternating nodes and are starting to bush out. Any suggestions would be nice!:batman:

I also added a pic of the nutrient schedule that my friend helped me out with. Anyone else ever used b'cuzz stuff?

Also, when do you guys think i should switch them to 12/12?? They range from 8-14 inches tall

DSCF0689.JPG

DSCF0690.JPG

DSCF0691.JPG

DSCF0692.JPG

DSCF0693.JPG

I'm kinda in the same boat you are. 2x5x8 closet. I want to be scrog'ing for my second flowering cycle.

A basic outline I'm planning on is: build a second chamber for vegging. Clone, flower (a plain old natural grow) and sex my seed plants. Weed out the males and sog or scrog my second flowering cycle with the clones who I know will be female who'll have two months of veg time.

For flowering...
600W hps with an air cooled reflector
6” inline fan (250 CFM) with 25” of duct (under 100 CDN) venting to an attic or window or carbon filter

Build a vegging chamber
3W x 4.5L x 4H.(cardboard or 2x2s and drywall or whatever) and move my floros into the vegging chamber.
A regular fan,an intake and exhaust hole

If so, you'll hopefully begin flowering in two weeks or less. Please keep in mind, it's my first grow and I may or may not know what I'm talking about.

bigweedo said:
Hey Guys,
Sorry it has taken me so long to repost some stuff, i've been pretty busy! So my plants are 45 days old and are looking healthy. Most plants are between 8-10 inches with the tallest being exactly at a foot. When should I start putting these plants under 12/12? Should I use a 250 watt hps or 400??:ccc:
P.S. I posted a pic of what seems to be my first female, and pics of a couple of the other plants.

what kind of nugz are those babies??? early misty or something....because honestly ......45 days and they are that big....you should probably crop them to keeop them LOw,and start flowering soon....SOG....is like 2/2 month process.. but i was gonna go 10 weeks veg instead of 8...i was planning a SOG...but decided to go biggie Sized....haha ...walk in CLoset.....5x 5x about 3 or 4 feet.....2 gallon...they are only about 30 -32 days avg.some sprouted later...i have 27,2 are having serious health problems

bigweedo said:
So Here is a little update for you guys. These plants are 7 weeks old today (somewhere around there.) They are starting to get some nice alternating nodes and are starting to bush out. Any suggestions would be nice!:batman:

I also added a pic of the nutrient schedule that my friend helped me out with. Anyone else ever used b'cuzz stuff?

Also, when do you guys think i should switch them to 12/12?? They range from 8-14 inches tall

GOOD LORD MAN>>>take sum regular life size pics..not the ZOOM one million kind! BACK UP,,,,HOW BIG ARE THOSE POTS,,,,,THEY LOOK LIKE A GOLLON ONLY OR A FEW QUARTS....THAT IS A VERY FAT MIDDLE STALK,YOU BETTER START FLOWERING WHEN U SEE THIS IF U HAVENT.THAT ONE PLANT LOOKS MALE...CUZ THE FLOWERS....PICK THEM OFF,ALL OF THEM.KEEP AN EYE OUT DAILY,,MORE THAN ONCE.

Just to let you know man...that isn't zoomed in at all. And i told you the size of the plants :) Haha. Sorry i **** with the camera skills. But yea they are getting large, you guys think i should switch them?:guitar: I am thinking about taking my shelf out and let the plants grow to their potential. And I don't know what the strain is, it's just some badseed :) Ill try to get some more pics up asap!

Also, I am waiting to transplant into 3 gallon pots because i just want to transplant the females..is this a bad idea?

When do you guys think i should switch to 12/12????!!!:headbang:

u know.. i cant tell u when, its really up to u and how tall or big u want them to get mine are near the 1 1/2 month mark, not to sure im not a good tracker of the days i never got the calender i needed... but mine are nearly the same size as yours maybe a lil bigger but im gonna wait anota 2 weeks maybe depends if there is any growth spurts.. or what not..

the size you end veggin with and start to flower will at least somewhere around double in size... if im correct.. dont quote me... lol man this snow sux i got stuck in my driveway of 4 ft of snow .. i wish it was 4ft of dro buds... i would have smoked my way out... hahaha :D :bong1:

Hey Big. I'm switching mine to flower on Monday. The plants will be 6 weeks old. If you want to flower at the same time so we can compare notes start flowering Monday nite. Later.

theyorker said:
Hey Big. I'm switching mine to flower on Monday. The plants will be 6 weeks old. If you want to flower at the same time so we can compare notes start flowering Monday nite. Later.

I'm startin my flowering on sunday.. we got a bunch of ppl all at the same time.! noice!

:p Nice guys, I think I am going to start flowering very very soon. Would you guys wait to transplant so i would just transplant females, or should i transplant them all into 3 gallon pots right now? And would a 50 cfm fan be enough for exhaust?

P.S. I know it's hard to estimate how much bud I can harvest, but if i have 4 or 5 females that start flowering at about 16 inches, how much do you think i would harvest?
Thanks everyone!

I have the same questions as you. I think Im going to let mine determine sex then transplant the ones I need to from there. It would be less work and cost less than buying a lot of pots and then not even needing them. Good luck, no idea but I read on some sites that 3 to 4 ounces was an average for most indoor growing. I suppose it would also depend on the strain you are growing.

Later:cool:

Could someone answer the 50 cfm fan questions? You think it is enough for exhaust with a 400 watt hps?:eek:

my grow room is 28x36, i got 1 400 watt hps, 1 100 watt regular bulb, 44 plants, all different ages, from 2 1/2 weeks and under, and my highest plant is 10 inches, the rest folowing right under, hps light would benefit u greatly by the looks of things, just a thought.....

also my pots r half the size of yours, i'm using 2 liter soda bottles and gallon milk jugs!!!

Can anyone answer the fan question? anyone have some cheap solutions if that fan won't work?
(50 cfm for a 400 watt hps?)

Latest posts

Back