my first cross Mangox(NLxHaze)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohninWI

Reaction score
Hi guys. I have been working on a little genetics project this summer. Last fall I was able to get a crop of BC Mango and a crop of NLxHaze. Then I crossed a Mango mom with a NLH father, and a NLH mother with a Mango father. Both crosses took, and now I'm cropping both of them in the hope that I can cross the 2 offspring.

I could not figure out if there were any sex-linked traits in marijuana genetics, so I figured to get a more or less 50-50 cross, I'd need male and female genes from both.

Anyway, I was glad to see my little babies sprout, and even more glad that I could pollinate just a few branches and avoid pollinating the whole deal (word to the wise--take the mother out of the grow space and do the nasty somewhere else).

It didn't dawn on me until later that the issue will be confused--we are actually talking about a 3 way cross with mango, northern lights, and haze. I'm a fan of all three, so I don't think I can really "fail"--whatever comes out of the experiment will be ok with me!

Thanks for all the advice I got on this forum. I read and re-read troubleshooting tips and expert advice and it really helped.

Good project, for sure. Best of luck with it. I will be trying Mango and 2 different NLx's myself this summer.

B interested to see how this turns out. NL is everywhere! Me too, using Aurora as one of my parents, and Aurora is NL x Afghan.

Latest posts

Back