My First Grow ever. (Bagseed)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midnight Toker

Lean Mean Growing Machine
Reaction score
Hello all! This is my first grow. I rescued the biggest plant (pics below) about 3 weeks ago when it was 3 days old, It was severly stretched....I got it from a friend who had it under a night light (haha) I gave him the seed so i know that its Lemon Kush. It's recovered well and is growing happily, but the first set of secondary nodes is VERY droopy. Also I have anouther plant that is about 2 weeks old and 2 seedlings that are going to be 16 oz cup grows. Here are the pics :eek:
These 5 are plant 1....the rescued one. and the 5th pic shows the droopy new leaves. sorry for the crappy pic quality...new camera comming soon.
*Looked droopy because she needed water haha*
Advise please.
Im using MG 3 month feed soil
3 1600 lumen 100 W CFL's and 2 Sun glow plant florecents on the top of them...unkown W or L
Fan comming today....I wated to long for it.
Closet grow.
New grow area getting built soon.

Thanks for viewing. (As of MArch 10th 2008)
The Biggest sprouted on December 1st. (Stretched one) Lemon Kush Bagseed-Turned out male. CHOPPED
The Second Biggest Sprouted December 6th. Ice Princess (White Widow x Cindy 99)-Turned out Female. HARVESTED
And the 2 seedlings Sprouted December 22nd. Lemon Kush Bagseed-One male CHOPPED and one micro grow female. HARVESTED

These pics were taken the first day the 3 CFL's were added. Before it was just the 2 weak florecents.

SUNP0001.JPG

SUNP0002.JPG

SUNP0003.JPG

SUNP0004.JPG

SUNP0005.JPG

wow the stems are pretty thin man, what kinda lights you got em under? (wattage, spectrum, etc)

THIS IS THE PLANT THAT TURNED OUT FEMALE
Well I have 3 1600 lumen cfl's and 2 sun glow florecents for plants...unkown lumens...I just added the cfl's today and i know....im getting a fan today :(

But heres plant 2

SUNP0001.JPG

SUNP0002.JPG

SUNP0003.JPG

SUNP0004.JPG

After the first day of the cfl's shes comming back and strong. After a good watering the leaves arnt droopy anymore, Fan comming in a half hour or so....Stay Tuned :D

SUNP0001.JPG

SUNP0002.JPG

Ah very nice, those CFL's should help allot, you look like your using a square container similar to mine :)

Yup, there also helping the other plants out alot to. The first set of 5 leaved leaves are comming in strong.

Well, everyones doing pretty good, the 2 bigger plants' 5 leaved leaves are comming in really nice, and there growing well. Don't mind my "Ghetto" Setup haha....somthing better is in the works. Thanks!

SUNP0001 copy.jpg

SUNP0001-1.JPG

SUNP0002.JPG

SUNP0002-1.JPG

SUNP0003.JPG

SUNP0003-1.JPG

SUNP0004.JPG

Updates! Everything seems to be doing good, one seedlings stretched and isnt growing as fast as the other...im thinking i need to rearrange lighting haha. and lots of new growth on the bigger plant. But here ya go.
Don't mind the game cases and such..lol

SUNP0001.JPG

SUNP0002.JPG

SUNP0002-1.JPG

SUNP0003.JPG

SUNP0003-1.JPG

SUNP0003-2.JPG

SUNP0004.JPG

SUNP0005.JPG

Hey man your plants are looking good:aok:
You should try to LST them so they be nice and bushy:D
Very nice, Good LUCK on the rest of your grow man:cool:
Dro:cool2:

Thanks man, I was thinking about LST'ing them but i think im going to LST one of the seedlings....and with the other a 16 oz cup grow :hubba:

Just some ideas while the growroom is being built. You could shove everything in a cardboard box. And with those lights without worry of a fire. I would recommend using foil around any wires or cardboard to fixture surface. You can wrap the inside with something flat white, or with a mylar sheet. I bought some wrapping paper that looked like it was mylar... pretty sure it was. Metalic wrapping paper... who would of known? Or you could paint it flat white. You don't have much lighting on them, this would make use of more lumens. And it's cheap and easy. I once stacked two cardboard boxes together one on top of another. Duct taped the hell outta the inside. Had everything inside... and when you opened the closet, it looked like a closet. Great place to keep the young ones. And it helps to control humidity and temp. You should invest in a hygrometer. Don't have to be fancy. But in Ohio this time of year we use heaters... and they can dry out the air depending on your sysem. So keeping them warm and I'd say try to do what you can to keep temp and humidity levels stable. Just keep in mind there are males... Kill them all!

Thanks for the Info mang....ill work on somthing :)
Yea i dont think the heaters a problem though...so thats a good thing

Them there babies are looking good boss! Stems on the ones you saved are starting to look bigger. I was thinking about a 16oz cup grow, so I will be watching closely. Good luck man!

Thanks for all the rep and the good words man!! For sure....yea the fan helped soooo much and shes getting thicker :) Ill keep on updating!

-Peace!

well i got the fan on clearence from target a few days ago and it broke...so i took it back and they nor an other targer had ay other fans...and i checked nearly 8 stores this morning and none have fans in the winter....DAMMIT! I'm going to check a few other stores later on and if worse comes to worse ill have to order a fan (I hate ordering things haha) But other thank that everythings looking good.

Well i upgraded my 2 1600L CFL's to 1800L CFL's and added a 3rd above the seedings and cleaned up everything a bit...there looking good and everything seems okay...the big one seems a tad bit droopy on the new growth but nothing a little water cant fix. :rolleyes: But one seedling is growing well and the other isnt growing that well and is stretched out...Hopefully she'll bounce back soon. I'll keep you guys Posted...Peace!

SUNP0001-1.JPG

SUNP0002-1.JPG

SUNP0003.JPG

SUNP0004.JPG

SUNP0005.JPG

Guess what I got!!! A Fan and Mylar!! :) And i added a 4th 1800L CFL. Check it out. and im going to upload a video of the fan and tell if its a good current going. I'll keep ya updated

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

I see you are in the works of containing that light in a reflective enclosure. Keep up the good work.

Latest posts

Back