My First Grow = LED Micro Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
md.apothecary said:
LED's are definitely working for VEG growth, however, I purchased them in hopes for flowering. They are still growing veg even under 12/12 so I am going to be adding supplimental colors soon to hope to engage flowering.

Same thing happend to me. I will look forward to see if adding extra colors helps in flowering. I am going to have to start over with some new ones because my LEDs started blowing up. LOL!

it wouldnt be a problem if they were not STRETCHING like a lazy cat! but the between nodes there is a couple inches (at least), which is ridiculous! If the suppliment LEDs don't work, I will set up a seedling veg unit with these or do a micro box and use a HPS for flower. :(

I think I've finally finished off my plants. A few days ago I threw in a 70 watt HPS lamp since all of the plants were showing sex. I was pretty stoked because I didn't throw out any males, just runts; so of the plants I kept, all were female.

So once I got the HPS in it seemed like it was miles away from the plants. I did what I thought was a good idea and raised the plants. It turns out that I raised them way too much because the next morning they were all wilted and discolored. I lowered the plants to their original position before the light went out but the damage was already done. I've been checking on them and spraying them with water and such but the leaves gave gone crispy on me. Even the little buddage is cooked and the plants smell like dried out weed.

So, I suppose this is the official end of my first grow; one disaster after another. I'm going to soak some more seeds tonight and start again. This time, I'll just use CFL's for veg and an HPS/CFL combo for flower. I think I'll also veg for a few weeks before switching to 12/12 this time as well.

Thanks to those who followed and posted advice. I'll get a new journal going in a few weeks and I hope you'll give me some pointers on that one - I obviously need it!

or to minimize stretching, i think i saw someone mix in cfl's for more umph, maybe u should try it, both seem to take low energy. keep it sticky

Dc

Latest posts

Back