My First Grow Please Help Me !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok guys well i guess its not my time to grow, and you guys are right i should not risk others well being , i will take the plant out and put in the the park in front of the house where no one can see and hope the sun does the work, well we dont have much sun in uk anyways i think the plant will die :(

than you guys

I applaud the choice made, shows character!! Your time will come, my friend, I wish you luck in all you do!

As do i, its just not worth it in the long run, can create alot of problems in your live legal,illegal,theft, back stabbing and snitching are big parts of life and not everyone agrees with other peoples decisions and will try and change the outcome...
i had to wait along time before i could finally do something for myself.
just wait and the reward will be much more appreciated when the time comes.

Roddy said:
I applaud the choice made, shows character!! Your time will come, my friend, I wish you luck in all you do!

:yeahthat:

Start doing the research now, and learn as much as you can while you save the money to buy the proper equptment for the grow you want, then when you are in better living conditions you can apply what you learned in a much safer atmosphere. It takes months to go from seeds/clones to smokeable bud, even at excellorated grow rates. Nature takes its time, and patience is a vital part of any grow. IMHO

Dumpzd said:
ok guys well i guess its not my time to grow, and you guys are right i should not risk others well being , i will take the plant out and put in the the park in front of the house where no one can see and hope the sun does the work, well we dont have much sun in uk anyways i think the plant will die :(

than you guys

THAT is really "stepping up" dumpz'. A mature and conscientious choice! :aok:..
THANKS! :)

well first off LED's are expensive. A 150 watt HPS goes for around 60-70 USD. There are also T5 fixtures. a 2 ft 2 lamp system costs about 60-70 USD also buts puts out 10k lumens as opposed to the HPS which puts out around 15k lumens. The T5 would be good in your situation though (and probably in any situation) because you can place it vertically rather than horizontally meaning its very flexible in terms of space management and you still get good light output, and also that they create barely any heat in comparison to the HID systems. Btw 150 watts is not really much electricity but idk your financial situation so i cant judge. THe t5's i talked about are i think 110 watts too just so you know, and ive heard great things about t5's.

Mylar (reflective paper type stuff) costs a dollar per sq ft, and 1 quart of flat white paints costs 8$ where i live. Just make sure if you decide to use paint that you you place a second coating of it.

I have seen excellent grows with CFL's. There is a thread on another MJ Forum (dunno if i can link it so I wont, but if i can, someone pls tell me cause it could help this guy a lot) where a guy grew about 22+ grams per plant with 46 actual watts of CFL in the most basic DWC Bubble system. If you ever come across that thread, you will be crying due its simplicity and the results of the plants. fastest grow i have ever seen and one of the healthiest. anyways...

you must be able to invest in a fan+carbon filter. Theres just no way you will keep this a secret without those two items. My plants are only 3 weeks into veg from seed and i can already detect the aroma of marijuana and pine. And thats only in veg.

If you want maximize your grow, you really need to invest in nutrients, otherwise you will have a grow that severely lacks in buds. Just my opinion, if youre gonna take the risk of growing pot, you might as well grow as much as you can. if your roommates find out they wont care how much pot is grwoing there, its still pot, and its being grown in their home. and if the popo discovers this somehow, well...

aw shucks you gave up lol. well good thinking dumpz. its hard to quit once youve got the motivation and enthusiasm.

Hey Dumpzd, I'm glad you took a look at my set up, and I do get good results with CFLs but I did it over time and if I had the money I would have used 1 HPS bulb instead of 6 65w CFLS. If I was you I would start putting aside money, and doing research so when you are ready you can do it right and we will be here for you if you need help.

:holysheep::yeahthat: Your room mates are totally going to smell your bud growing. You gotta wait until you move out. Or go up in the mountains and grow some which also has its risks. IMO wait until you have your own place and you can have plenty of room to completely customize your growing needs. When you do have that place of your own things you may need. 1 HPS light "high pressure sodium" or MH "metal halide" Fluorescent s work such as T5's or spiral CFL's. CFl's and t5's are great but you need to have enough wattage on the bulbs and keep them an inch from the tops of the plants. My CFL grow went well just my buds had no weight on them, very airy. I had 6 42 w cfl bulbs all around one plant using Y socket connectors to angle the bulbs around. HPS lamps are going to put all the weight on the bud and increase the heat as well. Great ventilation the exhaust air out and bring in "cooler" air from somewhere. Get yourself a PH waterproof pen, expensive? Yes a little but in the long run a great tool that is accurate. A 150 HPS lamp cost me 100 bucks and a hydro shop near me thats a great start for one small plant. The one thing that we always realize after we started growing is how hot it gets in the room so ventilation i cannot stress enough. Start reading some grow books check out amazon or a book store near you in the gardening section.

lol fewextra 50's i should've said 100 or 200$ =) anyways the laugh is on me=)

Latest posts

Back