My first grow (some pictures)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would also recommend getting some better nutrients. IMO, MG should only be used if you have absolutely no other choice as to nutrients. I run hydro, so am not really good with soil nutes, but many here use Fox Farm.

I would recommend starting some more seeds. It would be a shame to put 4-6 weeks into this plant only to find out that it is a male and have no other plants. Also, try not to be too impatient--it takes 3-5 months from seed to cured bud.

Welcome to MP Samantha! This is def the place you want to be! And trust me when i say this, ALWAYS listen to The Hemp goddess! If it was'nt for her, i'd still be spending loads of money for my medication. Because of her and this site, is why im growing primo dank! But, ya... really nothing more i can contribute atm, since everything i felt important to say, has already been said. Just always remember, You want water ( of course), fresh air (intake -fresh air in) and (outtake -stale air out) air circulation (osculation fan) and yet of course ur light. Get a thermometer and make sure it doesnt get any hotter then 85 degrees, and no cooler then 70. If you follow those basic steps, u'll be ok ;) Also, Always make sure ur p.h. is right. around 5.5 for hydro and 6.3 for soil. (atleast the levels that work well for me)

A word of wisdom regarding patience.
I am 99% certain that ALL new growers believe that "THE FORCE" will make their plants grow, I know I did, staring at them intently for minutes (ok hours) at a time, looking for the slightest indication that mother nature is bestowing some of her charms on you. What happens, nothing! Then you go to the bathroom come back for more staring and BAM, a branch grew while you tinkled.

Seriously, the hardest skill to learn and become used to when starting out growing is patience, it's not a virtue, its an absolute necessity. I would grack a couple more beans though, THG is right, if you get 1 week into flowering and discover this plant is male you will wish you had put more in. I had to kill a beautiful plant yesterday for being male and it always makes me sad,,,,,,,,,,,, but I have looooaaaaaddddds more flowering so it's no biggy,,,,,, but I would have been devastated if I didnt!
Peace W

woodydude said:
Then you go to the bathroom come back for more staring and BAM, a branch grew while you tinkled.
Peace W

:yeahthat: :banana:

woodydude said:
A word of wisdom regarding patience.
Seriously, the hardest skill to learn and become used to when starting out growing is patience, it's not a virtue, its an absolute necessity.

I like that! That is so damn true! When i first started growing, because of my lack of patience, the grow was torturous... Always anticipating on when my plant is going to be ready to harvest! Patience is a must, but still very hard for me at times..

Hey Samantha and everybody.

I am familiar with the desire to "watch the grass grow.":watchplant: I started a thread a while back called "patience is a... " while I was impatiently waiting for my nodes to become pre-flowers to become actual flowers to become big 'ol smokables. It's happening, slowly sometimes, but things do go speedily along when all of the components mentioned here are taken care of (medium, water, nutes, ph, light, ventilation, all that stuff) then the plant does what she is meant to- GROW! My wife usually only looks at the plants every other or every third day. That way she is always surprised by the growth and amazed by the beauty of the ever-changing flowers. I see it daily and I still am surprised and amazed, but if you can take a little time off from looking at them, you will be happily rewarded for your patience.

Quick update! The plant just got through the nute burn stage it was in and within the past two days I've seen lots of growth. The leaves are starting to take a really solid star shape and they're a healthy dark-green color now. (The light green and white are gone now that I've gone back to regular filtered water).

Thank you guys for all the kind and generous comments, I'll post more update pictures by the end of this week! <3

~sam

Hey guys, quick update. I'm sorry I havent posted any pictures....the primary reason for this is because a few days ago, I found out that my plant was a male. It has tiny little balls in the roots of the stems...and I wasn't going to have that. :(

But as I was saying, the main reason I wanted to only grow one plant to start with was to learn. This has been an incredible learning experience thanks to the wise feedback I've received on this forum.

Now I'm ready to grow a seed that I know for fact is female. When I ordered the Sensi Star Black-Label indica seeds, I got about 10 of them, plus two others. DEIMOS Ruderalis and Buddhist Red Dwarf.

They were courteous enough to provide me with these two free female seeds on top of the seeds I purchased. After further research, I found out that other than Sativa or Indica, there is a third lesser-known strand of marijuana that grows in Asia called "Ruderalis". It has low THC content, but is extremely resistant to indoor and outdoor hazards. The plant grows extremely fast and goes almost straight into flowering after the first few weeks.

The DEIMOS female seed that I got is a cross-breed of northern lights indica through 8 generations of Ruderalis. So, rather than growing the Sensi Star, with my new knowledge - I'm going to grow the DEIMOS. :)

I've been through almost all the troubles that a marijuana grower will go through...from outdoor hazards to indoor hazards and the horrifying sight of caterpillars. Fortunately...thanks to some of you, I now know how to appropriately deal with these issues and I'm looking forward to some high-quality INDICA! :D

<3
~Sam

Latest posts

Back