My first grow...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Draston

Reaction score
So here is my first grow. The stuff I'm using is tap water to water my plants and I'm using miracle grow moister control as the potting soil. I have my ladies under a shop light with 1 Ecolux 48 inch florescent light. The light produces 1900 lumens and its 40 watts. Its a plant and aquarium light specifically.

I started 2 in the backyard about a week ago and then it started to get cold so I potted them and moved them inside. I then planted 4 more pots.

Heres a pic of my setup and two daily pics I took of my first sprout.

I'm also growing this all in my closet which is not very deep but is very wide. In one of the pics you can't see the fan but its perfectly sitting out of sight on the left side of the closet.

Do you all think I might need to invest in another light for my shop light for them? The walls in the closet are very bright with that light on and the door is solid white so it may be reflecting light as well.

7april07.jpg

8april07.jpg

fan.jpg

ladies.jpg

So far so good. Yes at some point your gonna need more lighting. You should have a minimum of 3,000 lumens per square foot of growing space but 5,000 would be better. Remember the more lumens the tighter your buds will be. Here is some GREEN MOJO to get them babies going. Good luck on your grow we will be following. ;)

GreenMojo.JPG

go get urself a 400 watt for about 90 or 110 on ebay.so when flowering save you the money plus its more powerful than a floresent even through floresent is better for vegetation. i usually use my hps in vegetation but got in one of those cheap 65 watt 500 watt floodlights. so ill be using that while my 1000 watt flowers

I went ahead and got another bulb and now I have two 1900 lumen bulbs and that makes for 3800 lumens.

I also bought a car reflector for your windshield and covered the back of the closet so its really really bright in my closet now.

Here is a pic of what the closet looks like now with the reflector up and the second bulb in.

So let me see if I get this right? Once I want to start flowering I should switch from my shop light that has two 1900 lumen 45 watt bulbs to a spot light? The kind of lights you hang and have like that metal bowl around them to direct light? How many lumens should I shoot for with them and is it because of the heat they produce that it is better during the flowering season for them?

Also, how long should I grow them before I transplant them to bigger buckets? I was told by friend growers to use those styrfoam coolers and put 3 plants per cooler. Does that sound correct? I noticed on this site that people prefer the 5 gallon buckets but I didn't know if it made a difference.

reflector.jpg

asd3reff said:
hi there, what strain you grow?

its all seeds I got from bud I bought that was decent stuff. I'm almost possitive its skunk #1 from the looks of the bud I smoked and thats almost all you can get around here.

skunk runs you about 35 a half quarter and 70 for a quarter. Anything exotic you can get ahold of is 100 to 130 a quarter.

Right now i'm content with the skunk #1 strain but next time on my second grow I am going to order some ice seeds cause that plant looks hella awesome and all I hear is good stuff from the high.

good luck my friend alot of love , effort and time and you will be smoking soon

3patas said:
good luck my friend a lot of love , effort and time and you will be smoking soon

Yeah I'm pretty stoked the two plants that I started a week before the others are 2 inches (one plant) and the other is 1 inch now and one has 2 small small leaves that are just coming out of the stalk and the other has 2 really small ones and I today noticed 2 more beginning to grow from the 2 already there from the center of the stalk inside the other leaves.

I also checked on some of the other pops by digging down and checking on the seeds to see if they sprouted and some of them did (2 of the 2 I checked) so I'm pretty ecstatic at this point.

I also made a mightnight trip to walmart tonight and picked up a bottle of superthrive for 7 bucks (sweet deal) and another car window shield thing so I come completely cover all the walls and the area around the plants so they get the most light possible.

How often should I water with the superthrive stuff or do I mix a gallon and just replace normal tap water with the superthrive water from now on?

Added another car window reflector to reflect all the walls around the plants last night and had another girl come up (hopefully, daddy loves his girls more anyways).

10april07.jpg

get that flouro closer man like a 2-4 inches or there gonna strech!!! as long as ur temps r fine and u have a fan u should be able to get that light real close.

okie doke thanks for the tip, I'm gonna go move it now.

hey bro just wanted to say that those little ladies look great man good luck and i will see ya around peace.

if you can get any CFL's the sprialy ones , rig them up to they will help alot ,

I just moved the light. Do you think that its close enough now?

lowerlight.jpg

Draston said:
I just moved the light. Do you think that its close enough now?
that should be great i keep mine about four inches away good luck bro peace

man im glad you moved your light closer couse those plants a lonnnnnnng they lookin for light big time. 4-5 inches is the best i think

ya that's from stretching they shouldn't stretch any more now that the light is close. is there any more room in the pots to add more soil if so add some bury the stem if not when u trans plant them bury the plant almost up to the fist set of leaves good luck peace

yeah there is a little room so i'll try covering the stem and when I transplant them I'll burry the stem a bit. Will roots come out of the stem if I burry it in the soil?

Latest posts

Back