My first grow...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hes right you dont want root bound everything on a large scale for mariguana is good exept water and nuts so you should get bigger pots on the future but you are good for now

3patas said:
hes right you dont want root bound everything on a large scale for mariguana is good exept water and nuts so you should get bigger pots on the future but you are good for now

so do you think it will be ok that a few roots broke off when transplanting? Or will so many come back to replace them because of the larger pots they are in now?

well its not ok for some broken roots but they will grow so smoke a bowld and relax anythin just ask

when transplanting just make sure you aggravate the soil before trying and turn it upside down and shake it out dont pull. Ive lost good chunks of roots before, with hydro ill pull them up and cut them so they dont clog up system, they recover well.

crintonator said:
when transplanting just make sure you aggravate the soil before trying and turn it upside down and shake it out dont pull. Ive lost good chunks of roots before, with hydro ill pull them up and cut them so they dont clog up system, they recover well.

yeah its a few hours later and they all look fine. I watered them before I transplanted but all that new soil seemed to dry it all up (the watering I did earlier). So I gave them all another good drink. I noticed once I watered that some of those round leaves became visible again so I pushed them down and covered them with soil.

I also just got back from wal mart and bought a CFL 2700 lumen bulb and have it shining atm against some car reflectors to bounce light to the plants (right now the plants are like 3 inches from the shop light so I can't hang the cfl near them but it does make the closet brighter so I figured it couldn't hurt. Obviously 6 plants are not going to be given enough light off 6800 lumens from 1 shop light with 2 bulbs and 1 cfl. So when the time comes I'm going to move the shoplight up and then purchase another shoplight and put them side by side so the entire width of my closet has a shoplight across it and then on the sides I'm going to attach a hanging cfl on the left and the right to provide light to the top of the plant with the shop light and the bottom with the cfl's. Seemes to be my best bet.

After transplanting last night I put 4 of my plants into shock :(. Anyways, after one nights rest they all came out of the shock except for one. Its bottom leaves are still pretty droopy but its top leaves still look really healthy. I think it got hit harder than the others so its going to need at least 2 days to come out of its shock. Anyways, heres some pics.

I also jonny apple seeded those other 4 germinations in the field behind our house in a patch of bushes. Heres to hoping the cops don't find them :p.

SP_A0061.jpg

SP_A0062.jpg

SP_A0063.jpg

dont worry shell come back, good job on the burying up to the leaves, it will help promote root growth.

They all came out of shock 100 percent except for the one that was worse off than the others. None of the other plants leaves are droopy anymore except this one. Its leaves per say arn't droopy, like sagging but it picked them back up its just looks like some parts of the leaves died but half of it made it. I figure since it isn't dead already that its going to live so I'll just prune those disgusting leaves once its gets a few more.

hope your little devil feel beter in the morning

almost forgot a pic of the sick plant.

the two main ones look fine about half way up then they get all crinkly and the one pointing up in the picture looks like its deformed (half of the leaf looks perfect and the other half looks horrible. Lastly, the bottom leaf looks untouched and it has 3 smaller leaves growing out of it as of late so I figure its going to be fine. It would have already died if it was in trouble me thinks.

SP_A0064.jpg

Upgraded my closet...

Added another shop light right next to the other one with 2 more bulbs at 1900 lumens each and also bought another cfl and metal hanging light that is 2700 lumens. I currently now have 13k lumens in my closet and my plants are all looking really really healthy (even the one that started to shrivel up in the last post.

As for my outdoor plants the three out of the 4 that were germinated sprouted and out of those 3, 2 lived. I guess its survival of the fittest being that its still getting to the 50's at night here which isn't the best for them. I grew them from seeds outside (well I germinated inside) and my boy across town gave me 6 sprouted seedlings, but hes no grower (just messing around with it for me) and gave me 6 sprouted plants that really really stretched because he left them in a window sill so I dunno if they will make it outside but I'm going to try none the less.

[edit] I almost forgot to say I also go rid of my large black cyclinder fan as it was too tall to fit under the first set of racks i'm hanging my shop lights from and was causing a space issue (fine for 5 plants, not for 6) so I went to wal mart and got a small desk fan which actually moves more air than the cyclinder fan and is really really small. Its so strong I have to have it on the first set of shelves and point it down at the top of the shop lights and it still moves enough air so that the plants under it still shakes a little from the air so its perfect (not too strong and not to weak of a breeze).

This is 2 weeks into growing btw.

SP_A0078.jpg

SP_A0077.jpg

SP_A0076.jpg

19 days into my grow. Ladies looking pretty healthy :clap: !

SP_A0082.jpg

SP_A0081.jpg

SP_A0080.jpg

SP_A0079.jpg

looking good 1 more lamp will help alot they getting big they need more light

3patas said:
looking good 1 more lamp will help alot they getting big they need more light

Yeah I have those hanging metal lamps on the side that I plan on attaching to the side shelves with these clamps they came with but they need to get bit taller. I'm wasting a lot of light right now by them just hanging shining directly on the floor.

Later on after I'm done veggin' them I'm going to buy a kit from HID HUT and use a sodium bulb for their flowering period. I think I might veg them for 2 or 3 months.

Today was a sad day, I went outside to see how my outdoor babies were doing and 4 of them were eaten by something :(. All that were left was the baby stalks and the round and everything above the stalk was eaten. Also one of the 3 left has holes in it as something is munching on it. The other ones of the 3 is really small and I don't expect it to make it. The other one I have in a pretty good spot and its doing pretty well. I'm going to try and water it tonight since it is sooo hot today with a weak formula of superthrive in some purified mineral water.

Day 28 and the babies are looking pretty healthy. I've learned a lot this go around for my next grow, mainly watering habits and first signs of problems. All the babies as is are pretty healthy. In 2 or so weeks I'm going to order my HPS system and once it gets in I'm going to redo my closet and then after a week of adjusting them to the new light I'm going to throw them into flowering. :D

PICS!

SP_A0110.jpg

SP_A0109.jpg

SP_A0107.jpg

SP_A0108.jpg

SP_A0105.jpg

SP_A0104.jpg

nice looking my friend keep it up good luck

3patas said:
nice looking my friend keep it up good luck

Yeah, Bertha, the one in th last pic to the far left at an angle is sitting pretty at 15 inches of growth still in veg :p. Once I get my HPS light in like 3 weeks I hope for her to shoot up at least another half a foot before I start flowering. She is super healthy and next watering I'm starting nutes.

Latest posts

Back