My first grow...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah they've grown so much since the last photos I posted. I will update this saturday for the last time with my babies in veggie :). I would do it now but I want to show a big difference between each set of photos I post and I'd also like to keep the 1 week span between photo sets.

Its like a sea of green in my closet because its so small. Its 100 percent covered in green plants :).

hey draston wazz up those babies of yours look wonderful very nice work you have done there for that i am going to give you some points check your points and keep it up well done

Thanks man appreciate it :). They are looking pretty healthly.... hopefully I get a lot of bud out of my mini sea of green :p.

Woke up this morning and had to redo the light wires in my closet because the right side of the closet plant has grown taller than the lower shelf in my closet so I had to remove it and redo the wires to my lights cause I have some weaved through it. I wish my right three plants would go ahead and show me alternating nodes. My left three have already done about 6 to 7 alternating nodes each.

Day 49 of Veggie (last day :D )

SP_A0138.jpg

SP_A0136.jpg

SP_A0135.jpg

SP_A0134.jpg

SP_A0133.jpg

Bertha (the one farthest on the left) is sitting at 3 foot 3 inches.

Yup I'm going to go out before 12 pm and turn the lights off. I'm going to go 12pm to 12 am because I get off at 12 at night. Well Now that I think about it, it would be smarter to go from 1 in the afternoon to 1 at night so I have time to drive home after work :p.

The pictures posted today were before I replaced my lights in it so the pictures were taken with
15700 lumens in there. I just put the warm floros in there and now they are sitting in 20,200 lumens. Once I replace the last blue spectrum light tommorrow they will be in 21,700 lumens. Not a ton more but it will make a difference because I figure all warm cfl's during flowering will help a TON!

Watch and don't let the plants get too close to the lights or they will burn. You will have to pay closer attention. Also, what did you ever do to neutralize the light leaks?

Yeah. When I put the cool blue light bulbs in I'd let the plants grow into the lights and sit there for a day or so before I moved them up an inch or so. When I put these warm floros in I moved the lights 3 inches above the tops of the plants so they wouldn't burn. The thing that puzzles me with these lights is that even though they are warm cfl's and do more red spectrum why do they burn at a lower kelven? Does that mean they produce less heat?

Also StickyIcky I am going to the store tommorrow and purchasing a black door insulation kit so no light will leak. I also have a piece of double sided duct tape tapped to the bottom of the door and so no light leaks through that I'm stuffing a towel at the base of the door to block any remaing light.

The girls are starting to smell rather strong. With all the doors shut in my room and closet you can smell marijuana in the living room. I mean its not a problem right now because you can't smell it outside but many people would have problems with people coming in and smelling that and all our friends already know we smoke because we smoke with them :p. At some point in time I plan on making a carbon filter from a DIY I found on this site for the large PC fan (its metal and not plastic and is industrial) I'm going to install tommorrow to vent the heat and air into the attic so it doesn't vent the smell outside so neighbors can smell it.

Sweet, Sounds like you are ready to go. What about the ventilation system you were putting in the ceiling? And I don't know about the light question...

Another one today got its alternating nodes so I now have 3 out of my 6 that have their alternating nodes :). One kid of got 1 and then in 2 days got 6 nodes at the top in like no time. It was pretty wicked.

I ended up sleeping in so I didn't get to turn off the lights for the babbies to start the first day of flowering until today so they got a complete 50 days of veggie and day 51 is the first day of flowering.

At walmart you can get a little timer that you plug your lights into and it automatically shuts the lights on and off at whatever times you want. It's like $5.

Thanks for the tip. I went and bought one today and also picked up a plug in dimmer switch for my ventilation fan me and a friend installed today. It is small but vents the heat perfectly! I opened the door after turning it on and it was like I let the door open the entire time. Only problem is, is it was a little loud so I bought this, not knowing they existed, and so now I can slow it down and stop the humming so its not that big of a problem anymore.

can wait to see pics with those plants in flowering stage

seriously. Today is I think day 7 of flowering or something. I'm going to post pics tonight once the lights come back on (1:09 CST) :). I have't looked at the girls in a day and a half after I watered them pretty well so i'm going to be supprised as to how they look. My amazon order says my grow big, tiger bloom, and big bloom will be in this friday so I'm going to start flowering nutes then. I think i'm going to hold off using the rest of my superthrive until my next grow. I don't want to burn them anymore and since i'm already a week into flowering I don't want to have to do any flushing since you have to flush superthrive out so i'm going to use the ff organic ferts instead.

Man after this grow the first thing i'm going to do is buy a new digital camera. I'm tired of having to use my craptastic cell phone camera to take pics.

Latest posts

Back