My first grow...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well last night before I went to bed I started my first set of nutes on the babies (1 gal of tap water + 6 to 7 drops of superthrive from an eye dropper) and the girls seem to love it. I think over the 7 hour period while I was asleep they shot up a half inch to an inch. Picture after I get out of final in a few.

Ok heres pictures after the first night of nutes day 31 of veg.

SP_A0120.jpg

SP_A0119.jpg

SP_A0118.jpg

SP_A0117.jpg

SP_A0116.jpg

sigh I just went out to check my plants ouside and they are all gone. The two small ones with little holes in them and the larger one. I think something ate them like the other small ones a week ago. Sigh, outdoor plants are such a bother. :( I died a little on the inside when I saw them gone.

my friend go indoors it will solve all your problems

Draston said:
Ok heres pictures after the first night of nutes day 31 of veg.
nice looking babys you probably dont notice too much cuz you see them every day but its a big difrent when some body else look at them and they look huge god bless your babys

very nice. what nutrients are you using? are you using them consistently? everytime you water or every other? what strength are they?i cant remember if you mentioned it or not already so sorry if you're repeating yourself lol

I'm consistently using SuperThrive everytime I water. I'm up to putting 8 drops into a gallon of water. I started out with a lower dosage and slowly worked my way up.

nice grow how much light u got in there?

2 shop lights with a total of 4 1900 lumen cool blue tubes in there for growing plants and then 3 2700 lumen warm cfl's (2 on the left of the closet and 1 on the right. That's a total of 15700 lumens in the closet right now.

I dunno if I'm going to have the money for the HPS system like anticipated so I think I am instead going to go to wal mart and buy 4 warm floros for my shop lights to boost the lumens from 15700 to 20900 lumens. That's a little less lumen than a small 250watt hps system gives out (round abouts of 25k lumens on those) so I think I should be fine with that hopefully.

BluntFullOfKush said:
they looking good how tall are they and how tall u gon let them get??

My tallest plant is about 2 feet 8 inches tall (just measured her). I am going to let them go another week before I pick up the 4 new bulbs and put them into flowering...

So to answer your question I'm going to let them get about 3 feet tall. I hope for them to be 4 to 5 feet tall by the end of flowering (hoepfully)...

you may be looking closer to 6feet if the double anyway jus keep um happy, do you know what any of them are yet??

BluntFullOfKush said:
you may be looking closer to 6feet if the double anyway jus keep um happy, do you know what any of them are yet??

nope they are still in veggie and well if you mean signs of sex I don't see any balls yet so maybe I got a crop full of females :clap:, or not, but I dunno. I'll wait till after next week when I throw them into flowering...

I just can't pay off my credit card and get my grow light with only one full week paycheck this month (because school just let out). Next month however I'll be getting my monthly bonus check (140ish dollars) + my school book money they are reimbursing me with (300ish dollarS) + I'll be getting some deposits from school books I sold on ebay + a survey I got paid for (45ish dollars). That should pay for my light in itself and on top of that I'll have enough to pay off my credit card :D.

They are really smelly now and if I leave the grow closet door open my room instantly smells like someone smoked a lb of weed and the living room will smell lightly of smoke as well. If its closed my room smells lightly of it... I can't imagine what it is going to smell like once they go into flowering... My friend is going to bring over a saber saw and we are going to cut a hole in the ceiling and put in a metal duct fan he had from back home so I can vent out the heat and smell into the attic to reduce the smell and heat. I'm going to make a makeshift carbon filter for it as well so that should help.

Day 50 of veggie will be their last and I'll start day 1 of flowering this sunday. On this day I will also install the ceiling duct fan and new bulbs.

Looking good my friend. If this is your first grow, you must have a good friend that has given you plenty of valuable pointers and helped guide you into the direction of successful growing. Can't wait to see them bud!

Latest posts

Back