My first grow...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how does this method work? sounds interesting, and i have a male with a great sent coming from it. i would like to try this.

I don't know about just one male because it took 5 4 foot + males to make 4 grams of hash... One plant was over 5 feet tall! It's def. worth trying though. Basically you strip all the plants of their leaves and then put them into a bucket with cold water and then add ice. I had some much ice in there (22lb's so that it hurt to put your hand in it. Then took a hand drill with a mixer blade attached and stirred the leaves in the water until they were almost minced. The water at this point was a dark soupy pea green color.

On a side note I lost my phone so I need to get that sorted out before I can post any pics because that was what I was using to do so and I also juiced my baby tonight with fox farm products for the first time (big bloom and tiger bloom). I can't wait to see if it changes the condition of my plant :).
I then took a basic strainer and put it over another bucket and strained the leaves out of the bucket. I squeezed them in clumps as hard as I could when they got caught going through the strainer which released precious crystals :). I then through them away. I then strained the bucket again to get more leaves out and then took an even finer strainer and got out the even bigger particles.

Then I let the bucket settle on a table for 4 hours (the hash will settle at the bottom. I then took a aquarium hose and siphoned off the water on top till there was only a half of an inch of water left in the bucket (you will see green particles at the bottom of the bucket.

I poured this into a empty pickle jar and let it settle for 2 hours. Then I siphoned off the water again and was less with very little water and mostly settled hash! I then took a spoon and scraped it out and put it on wax paper. At this point its a pea soup green goo because of the water. I took paper towels and sucked up the water being careful to not soak up hash and let it dry on the towel. Once you do this enough hash will stop sticking to the paper towel and you have to press it to get water to come out. Once that is done you can take the spoon and carefully scrape it from the wax paper. It now looks like brittle flakes. Take the flakes and just roll them into your hand until it forms a ball. Let the ball sit for a while (I let it sit over night) and it will harden and loose water weight.

Once dry, your done! You now have a hash ball that you can pick off of and roll into smaller balls and smoke out of a pipe or bong! Its good stuff, not directly as potent as normal bud but its really good stuff that lasts a good while. We packed 3 bowls tonight (small small balls) and I'm pretty baked right now, 3 hours later :).

I'm pretty happy because the hash is the first product i've made from homegrown stuff from myself to get high with. Its like I see the fruits of my labor (even though it sucks they were not female). I like it a lot.

Day 15 (June 11) of flowering :). Males are removed!

Photo0003.jpg

Photo0004.jpg

Photo0005.jpg

Photo0007.jpg

She looks good. They only thing that would make it better if it was "They" instead of "She".

good job Draston, how many males did you get dude?:bong: :eek: :bong:

5 :(

I made hash out of them and got 1.6ish grams total worth. It was potent stuff too! I got high off 1.6 grams of hash like 6 or 7 times and there is still enough to get high two more times if I ration it :p.

so i take it your hash from them got better after it dried? i remember you saying it wasn`t too hot, but it got you high...
what colour was the finished product man?
BTW, as it`s your last and only girl, why not start another grow, and remove the female to a dark space for the 12 hours while the new recruits are on 24/7? you`ll be able to harvest more often, i`ve done the same thing, although i have a seperate chamber for veg/flo.
good luck man:) bad news about the dudes, dude.lol
:smoke1: :48: :smoke1:

I wish I had the room to have a second area for flowering so I could start my next grow. I thought about trying to take some cardboard boxes I have in the living room just chilling (HDTV box and 5.1 boxes) and stack them in the corner of my room and hollow them out so when they are put together in the corner they look stacked but they are hollowed out and have lights in them but I doubt I have room for that...

reeeally bad lol my plant die like 4 weeks into growing why is this

oh and if I forgot to say it since I got my nutes in the male last friday (3 to 4 waterings ago) I've been watering them with 1 gallon of water mixed with 2 table spoons of Tigerbloom and 1 tablespoon of Big Bloom :). They seem to love it as I have 100 percent non burn growth coming in :D. I love fox farm nutes :). Also since I started using the nutes The buds have started to come in pretty strong which is always a plus.

June 18 (Day 22 of flowering)

She's starting to get bushy and starting to produce a lot of bud :).

Photo0002.jpg

Photo0003.jpg

Photo0004.jpg

Photo0005.jpg

Photo0001.jpg

1 1900 lumen cool blue 4 foot floro
3 3400 lumen warm red 4 foot floro's
3 2700 lumen warm red CFL's
=====
20200 lumens total

40 watt per floro and 42 watt per CFL so 286 watts.

Latest posts

Back